Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #4 *ARRESTS*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jan 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. human

human Well-Known Member

How would they know if anything was happening?

Jim_M likes this.
  2. AbbeyBabbey

AbbeyBabbey Well-Known Member

BBM
    But, he took her across state lines and she is a minor. That is a Federal Felony. Had they stayed in KY, the charges wouldn't be so steep.

gitana1, lightlady, oviedo and 4 others like this.
  3. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

BBM
    I think this is the key word. Coercion. And yes, she did go willingly.
    It's really a confusing case at this point. She begged him to help her and she went willingly. It's still kidnapping tho and across state lines and harboring her.
    I wonder if this is how a predator works sometimes.
    I can't imagine why he made the choices he did to save her if not for other reasons.
    I mean.....tell her to make the tape and turn it into the FBI (like she did eventually) without him having to kidnap her and take across state lines and harbor her.

JenniferTx, Jim_M and human like this.
  4. Jim_M

Jim_M Honest American Bison (Buffalo)

You have a certain perspective that allows you to see that 'other side' of humanity.

We each bring differing opinions, sometimes completely opposite, yet they allow these conversations to enlighten.

As I have gotten older, and a little wiser, I still find it hard to contemplate those kind of men. Women too. It blows the mind what some of our neighbors are capable of. Sigh.

I hope tomorrow does bring good news. Any other will be disappointing once again. Hopeful.

5. Jim_M

I would bet, and I'm not a betting man, that those pleas from mom & dad were watched in a home in Madison. That updates in the media were thoroughly digested. They would have been negligent in their safekeeping, not to do so, IMO.

6. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

What scares me is I didn’t pick up on RP’s darkness during the initial PC. Something felt off but I attributed that feeling more towards the mother. My initial and only real impression of RP was “simple country boy”.

—-

Have there been any comments from the mother of BDR and if she knew Savanna was in the home?

—-

Did they share a bed? Just because SP was being abused at home this obviously wouldn’t be an excuse for him to be having sexual contact with her IF he did.

—-

As mentioned, was his conversation with her sexual before she revealed to him that she was being abused at home?

—-

If he did help get information to the FBI then this is important and possibly a game changer imo because he did encourage and initiate communication with LE, but I have more questions about this (too tired right now).

7. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

I guess this is true. We all have something to bring to the table. Life's lessons that are unique to each of us. When I was studying Sociology in College I interviewed many convicts. I was fascinated with their points of reference.

8. Jim_M

Nothing has been released on BDR's mom as of yet. Maybe we hear something tomorrow?

Sleeping arrangements have also not been revealed, afaik

Neither document has revealed anything in depth about sexual talk, or innuendo.

IMO I hear you on being 'tired', almost time for bed. Alone lol :p

ETA: Yeah, I meant to answer your first comment, about good old dad. Probably seething inside that his "cup of coffee" had flown the coop. And mom, the 'nobody'. That was sad.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  9. human

human Well-Known Member

I have no access to television. What coverage was there of this case? Was it on national TV?

JenniferTx and Jim_M like this.
  10. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

I suspect he was just playing into the original game plan he proposed to her. I'm not sure tho. But that's what I suspect the most at this point. Still grooming her?

11. AbbeyBabbey

AbbeyBabbey Well-Known Member

Yeah, I had those too. All of us did. I'm sure my male peers had similar experiences. I never felt like I was being rude to tell them to bug off. I could spot them a mile away (I had good instincts about that). I'm hoping that SP had those instincts also. It chills me to think that she could have found the wrong *"savior". Brrrrr

*although he helped her save herself, I'm not willing to fully commit yet to the idea that BDR was her savior in the truest sense of the word. We don't yet know his motive and that's a BIG deal!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    tnith, JenniferTx, oviedo and 4 others like this.
  12. Jim_M

No TV here either. Internet, News websites, Youtube news broadcasts, you name it. To realize that person killed a dear pet, assaulted a young girl, and put on that show of despair. Grrr.

13. Jim_M

All true. I just wonder if that 'felt' too close to home for SP. Perhaps?

14. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

Not me! I'm just surprised it came out this quickly. I'm sure my posts were all deleted but this is basically what I thought happened. The guy is a total idiot with good intentions who felt he had no other choice.

Really better thought out than I expected. I thought it was kind of figured out as they went but they really had it planned.

I figured that Bryan didn't come get her without suggesting every other possible option. She wouldn't have dared just go to the hospital, if she could find a way there to begin with. How would she prove it was rape? Prove it was him? Before he had a chance to kill her or her whole family? The only safe way was to be far away and do it from a distance.

I'm also not at all surprised he killed her dog. I'm guessing she was utterly terrified he would find her before the FBI got her information.

In my opinion, you don't. I'd say maybe custodial interference because that fits with her wanting to go with him. Even though those who had custody never should have to begin with.

Not at all. I think the abduction charge will also fall off, this was only custodial interference. They could keep the federal charge but they'd be hard pressed to convict him on it. Yes it was illegal. However, it saved her life. If they convict him, it'll just mean the next time the girl won't get that help.

You aren't the only one, I was so relieved I wasn't totally crazy. I was starting to think maybe I was too open minded and understanding!

TRB, teedie2, JenniferTx and 7 others like this.
  15. human

human Well-Known Member

I live out of the US and read my hometown paper from MN online. There was zero about it. I only know because of WS.

I got a posting from a friend today on FB that says to look out for her as she is missing.

Do you feel there would be anything about this in Madison?

JenniferTx and Jim_M like this.
  16. MsFacetious

Exactly this. He LISTENED and HELPED her. Whether we think he did the right things or not, she didn't feel there was another choice. She was the one that knew her father and Bryan TRUSTED her judgment and helped her escape. I certainly hope law enforcement also gives great weight to her testimony. I would hate for her to have guilt because Bryan ends up spending decades in prison for saving her.

Yes because Bryan was at work and S was at the house, I'm guessing neither one knew that RP had been arrested yet. They were probably terrified that she'd be found before the FBI received their package. I think if they had said "we've arrested her father for raping her" things might have gone a little differently.

And I would add to that bet, they could have easily watched the coverage online. Bryan was likely convinced from watching the parents that SP was justified in her concern that she'd be returned. I think the interviews only solidified the concern about her being returned and motivated them more. If they were considering coming forward earlier those interviews likely prevented it.

I think his plan was to get the evidence needed to save her for good and that's exactly what he did.

There was no reason for him to do so. If all he wanted was a rape video why would he go get her? It only made sense if he was kind of an idiot just trying to help her.

I imagine it was a surreal "is this real life" type of moment. Because that just doesn't happen. 14 year old girls are not generally able to do that.

17. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

deleted by me

18. MsFacetious

Absolutely. He did what needed doing and what she ASKED him to do. He gave her hope, an escape, trust and time.

Both sides can call her to testify. Who's witness list she's on doesn't indicate who's side she is on. We call witnesses that the state is also calling, because we believe they will help us whether they want to or not. Her role is to get up there and tell the truth. That's it.

However, there is no reason Bryan should even go to trial at this point. If what SLP is saying is all true, he should get community service and probation. This should be treated similarly to when a parent beats the person in the act of raping their child to death. Desperate times call for desperate measures. They didn't kill him, or the whole family, they just got out of there and kept her safe.

Yes. She couldn't trust her own parents or friends. Yet, this guy did something to help her, despite the peril it put him in. This guy put her safety above his own. This is likely something that she's never had before. I don't have anyone that would do that for me. I think this likely gave her hope that not all humans are bad.

She believed she would be killed or would kill herself. She refused every other offer of help he suggested. She had clearly gone over all of the possible options before even contacting him. She'd realized escape was her only option. If Bryan had done anything else he likely would have signed her death certificate.

I think the real question is who would leave a young teen they've never met in that situation to die? If you believed the ONLY safe option for saving this girl was to take her across state lines and help her provide the evidence from a distance.... would you leave her there to die?

How would she have gotten the tape to the FBI? Ask RP to take her to the post office? To the FBI office? So when the FBI came to question him he could see them coming and kill the whole family?

All it would have taken was for him to get wind of it and we wouldn't be discussing her at all. Until a few months down the road when she was reported "missing" and her body found.

This girl has been terrorized for the majority of her life. There was NO safe way to report this unless she disappeared first. She was either going to disappear and report from a distance... or she was going to die. It's that simple. I realize it sounds like a movie plot, but it's real life. Occasionally we get cases that are just that out there. This appears to be one of them.

TRB, PommyMommy, Jo in Calif and 8 others like this.
  19. Jim_M

There are several online news agencies online in Madison, but I'm thinking they would be looking at TN online news. moo on seeing what was being reported 'back home.'

PommyMommy and human like this.
  20. human

human Well-Known Member

Would the FBI announce they got a tape from her online?

Jim_M likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.