Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #5 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's necessarily that RP is not being concentrated on one bit. I think it's just the BDR had his hearing recently and that's when we saw the defense paperwork and then the court documents. RP's got postponed so will heat up again shortly! IMO

I agree and I hope so. To me, this girl did everything she could to give an ironclad best case to LE/FBI. She has a six page letter if we were to guess that details her decade plus of SA and abuse. A video on top of it. And she is sitting there seeing that her *daddy* has ONE charge. ONE. A single charge while she from what we know pretty much for sure endured far, far, far more than that.

I am unsure. I am pretty sure his attorney stated it in his court document but I am unsure he actually cited a conversation to back it up. However, I would tend to think he would not put statements in that could not be backed up so your guess is as good as mine. I do not think I saw it actually in a chat quote between the two... Maybe someone else can clarify or remembers...
We have to remember that BR’s attorney has seen the letter that was sent to the FBI. He could have could have cited things in that letter, her telling her mother and the dog incident. The judge sealed the letter from the public not his attorney.

I am unsure. I am pretty sure his attorney stated it in his court document but I am unsure he actually cited a conversation to back it up. However, I would tend to think he would not put statements in that could not be backed up so your guess is as good as mine. I do not think I saw it actually in a chat quote between the two... Maybe someone else can clarify or remembers...

From Court Doc: "Her adoptive father, KV told Rogers, had threatened to kill her if she disclosed the sexual assaults. While she told her mother about the rapes, KV’s mother took no action, either because she couldn’t or, perhaps, because she didn’t want to believe KV. Desperate, KV asked Rogers to help her."

I cannot see anything in the currently released text-conversation, between SLP and BR. Will we see that? Is it even there? And why, if they were painting this narrative, why didn't they know about BR raping SLP? Did BR forget to tell his defense team? How does that work? And if he did tell his defense team? I have no words right now that are suitable for publication!

IMO RP is so far convicted because of the evidence no one is bothering with him - the only question may be the length of his sentence and who knew what was going on and when did they know it (BR saying what she told him regarding the long term family abuse by RP) while BR is an enigma we really don’t know yet the extent of his communications with the child victim (just the complaint and memorandum of law filed by defense) and what went on for 17 days at his mothers home while he lived in the basement and mom was home by all accounts - the trunk, closet, how many beds in basement etc? So many details yet to be released and may never be IMO

I guess I am impatient but I also look at it as IF SP hears this on the news or from anyone, BR is looking at a possible second charge but here is daddy with ONE after all she has shared, told, shown, etc. and suffered through the years for more than a decade allegedly. And I will not even touch on her mother, where is info on if that is being looked at? Things take time and I get that. I also get LE has no obligation to tell us anything. And he was given a serious bond amount so I give them credit for that. But he is not facing murder, he is facing ONE rape charge after a lifetime of abusing a child from her earliest formative years. I guess I feel if I think more should be charged, to a child who went to all of this effort from escaping to video taping to sending a package, etc., I can see I guess why she may not trust LE and did not go to those in her own area--I still suspect she tried, at least in her former state and that it backfired. Now she went all out, he is jailed thank goodness but still just one charge. It angers me on her behalf and I hope we see more to come...

From Court Doc: "Her adoptive father, KV told Rogers, had threatened to kill her if she disclosed the sexual assaults. While she told her mother about the rapes, KV’s mother took no action, either because she couldn’t or, perhaps, because she didn’t want to believe KV. Desperate, KV asked Rogers to help her."

I cannot see anything in the currently released text-conversation, between SLP and BR. Will we see that? Is it even there? And why, if they were painting this narrative, why didn't they know about BR raping SLP? Did BR forget to tell his defense team? How does that work? And if he did tell his defense team? I have no words right now that are suitable for publication!

I thought it was in one of the articles/documents that had a more extended version of the text messages between the two. But I could be wrong.

It truly defies logic that she did not know. I so try not to judge but this is a difficult one not to. Yes, the dog! Was this a new thing for him or had the family seen such things before? It almost sounds as if he was ramping up and knowing he needed to put more fear in SP. Had she tried to tell or started to show a backbone so they moved and the control was amped up? The dog, the isolation, the alleged home schooling...
All four of those children were terrorized and terrorized children turn to their pets for the consolation they don't get from their parents. He didn't just kill that pet dog, he SKINNED it and left it where they would be reminded. That is cold, evil, intentional malice toward all those children.
He is said to have told her he wanted her pregnant, how totally repugnant that would be to SP, to have his child and have to continue to live there. She may have felt that taking the steps she did with BDR was just a thin step below suicide. IMO

I guess I am impatient but I also look at it as IF SP hears this on the news or from anyone, BR is looking at a possible second charge but here is daddy with ONE after all she has shared, told, shown, etc. and suffered through the years for more than a decade allegedly. And I will not even touch on her mother, where is info on if that is being looked at? Things take time and I get that. I also get LE has no obligation to tell us anything. And he was given a serious bond amount so I give them credit for that. But he is not facing murder, he is facing ONE rape charge after a lifetime of abusing a child from her earliest formative years. I guess I feel if I think more should be charged, to a child who went to all of this effort from escaping to video taping to sending a package, etc., I can see I guess why she may not trust LE and did not go to those in her own area--I still suspect she tried, at least in her former state and that it backfired. Now she went all out, he is jailed thank goodness but still just one charge. It angers me on her behalf and I hope we see more to come...

You prompted and I hope I'm not causing stress! I see where you are coming from. You experts on here would know better if LE is letting SLP know just how safe she will be? Would they reassure her that they have discovered her truths, detailed in her letter? Could they? This would be going on since the gag order, with just that single charge showing.

17 days vs over a decade, though. So much more to know about the latter!

Both need to face their judge and jury but yes, a decade plus of abuse from *daddy* in her formative years that made her vulnerable to anyone who would save her. Daddy is clearly guilty, there is a video, stated by LE/FBI in the CC. No ambiguity there whatsoever. No innocent until proven guilty in his case for me.

I thought it was in one of the articles/documents that had a more extended version of the text messages between the two. But I could be wrong.

Oh sure, now you want the original horrible CC looked at! (jk I needed to check that doc, was just avoiding it) :)

An ETA will be here shortly: The same statement is in the original, as per BR's words. There is nothing typed out by SLP discussing her mother. Now, is her typed message in the unreleased part of their conversations? We don't know yet.

Last edited:

I believe the limited texts were proffered by the defense when seeking bail hearing for BR under the false "hero" theory.

In response, the prosecution expanded the evidence providing additional texts to show the full picture of BR's intent, in addition to medical exam results of alleging sexual assault by BR.

Judge denied BR bail.

I know the sentiment- the horror of long term family abuse is perhaps still a bit taboo? I know I personally was horrified at that complaint - I know it exists of course but to read the agents description of the video of her assault was beyond awful- maybe the WS community can’t bear to discuss his assaults and that’s why we are trying to dissect BR, his crimes and motives? And seem to move away from the original criminal RP? JMO

Those details were horrid and heartbreaking. And my guess is that they are far from the worst of the details that can be provided by SP or the video. They are sharing the bare minimum necessary for the complaint/charge. I agree with you that I think most of us would prefer to bury our heads in the sand but I also think when people do that, even though we would rather not know, it is how relatives, neighbors, etc. ignore the obvious. They cannot face it, or good people do not think as evil people so they cannot comprehend it would actually happen, and yes, they would rather not know. I have that part in me but the part that is realizing it happens has gotten angrier than the part who would rather not know about these cases... Something needs to change, I do not know what... One thing, for instance, is to me *daddy dearest* belongs in prison for life at minimum and I do not think that is what he is facing at this time anyhow... Despite all of her efforts...

Both need to face their judge and jury but yes, a decade plus of abuse from *daddy* in her formative years that made her vulnerable to anyone who would save her. Daddy is clearly guilty, there is a video, stated by LE/FBI in the CC. No ambiguity there whatsoever. No innocent until proven guilty in his case for me.
1000% agree with all you stated! :)

I wonder if bio dad is going to get verified and post here. I know he has said he did not sign his rights away, but it would be helpful to be able to ask him some other questions about this.

And while I do think the move to TN has a lot to do with RP’s crimes, I had not thought specifically about them not registering SP in school in order for CPS to have a harder time tracking her.

I actually wondered for years about CPS tracking, ever since I reported a neighbor and they moved. How does CPS track these kids when the parents often tend to keep moving from palace to place? And are they really able to track from state to state? It seems CPS is always underfunded and understaffed, so I wonder if they can realistically track from state to state.

They are not tracked state to state. It seems they are not tracked city to city, even,

As a teacher, as soon as we ( I worked with social workers, school,psychologists) got too close to asking questions about a child, the parents would move.

Privacy laws are really intense with kids. Parents have done a stellar on keeping info from being shared.

I hope they keep both of these pedophiles off the streets for a very long time, if not for life. Pedophiles cannot be rehabilitated so why let them loose?
I also think we will be seeing more charges brought against both men as they deserve more charges.
Killing the dog and skinning it, leaving it in the yard for all to see will be just a couple of them against RP.
moo

I believe the limited texts were proffered by the defense when seeking bail hearing for BR under the false "hero" theory.

In response, the prosecution expanded the evidence providing additional texts to show the full picture of BR's intent, in addition to medical exam results of alleging sexual assault by BR.

Judge denied BR bail.

Does anyone have the updated prosecution evidence? I could not find another update in the Media section.

That never stops us from speculating on other perps and their situations.

I want to know if this adoption was a real thing. I want to know if RP was a church leader as his profile pictures suggested. I want to know what the family was involved in after the move. Did they even have a church community there yet or was SLP completely isolated? Did they have community involvement of any kind, in GA or TN?

Lots and lots to sleuth and discuss.

I want to know all of what you stated and more. I want to know about family involvement, community involvement, any of the kids being in activities. I want to know why they moved. I want to know the decision for "home schooling" which I am not even sure I buy. They moved, they did not put her in school, this happened and that is what THEY SAID to explain it possibly. While adoption records cannot probably be public, no proof it happened has been provided either. Bio dad said he knew of NO SUCH THING.

I also want to know who dad knew, how big the P family is, if there are any in LE or teachers, etc. I want to know what the school she went to thought and if she ever looked for help.

Sigh, none of which we are apt to ever hear or know...

I did do a search on *adopto-dad* and he has several residences through the years. Same states generally but many different residences. It also does not connect these girls to him as any type of family.... Since they are minors that is perhaps why...

There is a female P that was a teacher I think it was in AL who got in trouble for sex with her minor male students... More than one... I wonder if there is any connection/relation. I hope I can say that, I mention no first name, no city, no nothing...

Thank you! I’m much more concerned that this guy could have more victims - all over the place!

I do that too and hope I am wrong. I also am haunted by the pic that clearly was taken of her at a wayside/truck stop... I hope to heck she never traveled with him OTR!

I don’t think anyone, neighbors, co-workers, or family wants to be associated with CP & RP. The facts are too horrifying and they’re afraid they’ll be judged. Maybe they’ve long had suspicions but couldn’t verify anything. Maybe the person who had a gun pointed in their face at the door spread the word in the area to back off, he’s a nut job, etc. No one in their right mind wants to be connected to these two.
Neighbors would be scared out of their mind to say anything about RP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288