Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #5 *ARRESTS*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jan 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mickey Mouse

Mickey Mouse Well-Known Member

Per the defense filing, he attended Madison College, a community college, and transferred to UW. Often it is easier to get into a selective university by transferring in. [Case in point, my sister managed to transfer in to University of Michigan fainting-smiley.gif ] I
    wouldn't make the assumption that he's a genius.

2. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

Yup. That's it in a nutshell. He's a predator imo. How scary how he manipulated her!

3. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

I agree. Yesterday I was feeling optimistic that this poor girl was not taken advantage of further after escaping her abuser in TN. Sadly, I just have more questions now that I've had time to really read over this stuff. :(
    MOO

4. mtnlites

mtnlites Scooby Doo Gang Membership Pending

Okay, so after this new information I'm feeling extremely unsettled. So the adoptive "father" killed her dog as a threat? Dang. And when Rogers came and got her, she wrote a long letter about what happened and sent it with an SD card to the FBI? That's an interesting development. It does help answer the question as to why she was afraid to tell other adults-she was concerned for everyone's safety. Poor girl.

Adoptive father who raped teen daughter made sure she feared him by shooting her dog, skinning it & dumping body in yard: Lawyer

5. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

Exactly.

6. Julia966

Julia966 Well-Known Member

I wonder how she is doing, and what she thinks of what's going on. Does she feel protective toward BR, not realizing the inappropriateness of his actions? If he is fully prosecuted, I wonder what that will do to her. For her, he may just be Bryan, her gaming buddy who helped her get away from her nasty step-father.

7. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

One (of many) things about this case that really struck a nerve with me is that BR encouraged SP to get raped again!
    He wanted to see that video so badly!
    jmo

8. AbbeyBabbey

AbbeyBabbey Well-Known Member

Maybe the whole MO link included a future plan of her coming out of hiding. Maybe they drove there and mailed the evidence to not only throw LE off track of where she was, but to set up a plan for him to return her to MO after RP's arrest so that she could present herself to the FBI in the same place that the mailing occurred. Maybe they had a pact that she would never disclose where she had been to protect BDR and keep him out of trouble, not realizing that LE had her social media accounts and could zero in on her location before they were ready. Maybe that was their plan to bring this to a conclusion.

Maybe?

9. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

I would bank money he was more than "her gaming buddy who helped her get away from her nasty step-father."
    She might have thought that at first, but she will come around to realize the truth of his agenda, if she hasn't already. moo

10. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

Question, was his mother home the first time they came but he was the only person they spoke to and put in the report? And then they went back after he left for work after they were watching him and serve the warrant when they knew that his mother was the only person at the house? I wonder what time he left for work? And how soon after they submitted the warrant.

11. darring21

darring21 My comments are IMO JMO MOO AFAIK etc.

Why was he sending stuff to the FBI and giving her a burner phone if his agenda was to groom her?

12. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

Gitana, thank you for this amazing post. I agree a hundred percent with everything you said and thank you for laying this out so well.

13. Jim_M

Jim_M Honest American Bison (Buffalo)

Yet I keep realizing that he was not encouraging, or forcing, anything happening in that bedroom. That rapist was going to walk through that door. SLP had nowhere to turn. Nowhere to run.

Could BR have been taking advantage of this situation? Could he have been planning worse things for this distraught victim? If so, why did they put together all the evidence?

We have no idea what narrative has been provided by SLP. Will we be privy to her viewpoint?

14. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Stranger Offered To Help Teen Raped By Her Dad, Only If She Recorded It
    snipped - BBM - not sure if she was home or not, we only know she was the one who answered the door - now that I think about it, she was likely hiding under his direction if he was not home (again, with the fear that his mother may not believe her either if she was not aware he was hiding a child in their home) JMO

Once investigators pinpointed Rogers, they arrived at his home on Jan. 31. He admitted he talked to the girl via Roblox, telling the agents that she confided in him about the sexual assault and had sent him a video, but claimed that he had never traveled to Tennessee and that the girl was not with him, according to the affidavit.

Agents came back four hours later. This time, his mom answered the door.

They told her they needed to search the house - and that's when they found the 14-year-old hiding in a basement closet.

Once arrested, Rogers admitted he asked her to email the video of the "full blown rape" and that once he had it, he drove to Tennessee to pick her up and bring her back, the affidavit says. Rogers admitted he tried to avoid any surveillance on toll roads and smashed her phone so it could not be traced.

The officers found the seven-minute video on his computer.

15. darring21

darring21 My comments are IMO JMO MOO AFAIK etc.

As you said, BR's actions got her out of the situation and may have prevented her suicide. Their actions (FBI letter, burner phone) following her escape also guaranteed that this would all come to an end.

16. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

IMO to gain her confidence so she would rely on him and him alone. He took 2 weeks to mail "something" to the FBI - we have yet to know what was in this package as we have not heard from them yet. Perhaps today we will have some answers?

17. Jim_M

Jim_M Honest American Bison (Buffalo)

Great views. Fits into her concerns about being returned home, and his concerns about getting into trouble for helping her out. They did appear to be making better plans once they got back to his home. Sigh.

18. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

Reading this, and still thinking he is a hero is mind-boggling, imo.

19. Yellow Rose

Yellow Rose Well-Known Member

Couldn't he just as readily kept it in case he needed to send it further up the ladder? I don't think I could delete a video if I thought I might at some time need it again. I still have the same phone I had when my dear dad died. Because I want to hear his voicemail messages and his piano (he was a concert pianist and loved to compose) playing.

20. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

She emailed it to him - he could always retrieve her email - the way I read this, he downloaded it to his computer. And that I have a problem with IMO.

ETA: also, when I save a file from my email to USB/SD - i can click the attachment and save as without downloading it to the computer - I just choose the SD/USB or whatever device. If in fact it was on his hard drive, I have a problem with it. Now I will have to go see where I read that. all JMO. note, pg 10 of the document filed on behalf of BR - "sent the recording to BR" - I take this to mean email - she could also have used Messenger since you can send files I think via this system? The electronics evidence will tell us what happened IMO

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.