Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #6 *ARRESTS*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Jim_M

Jim_M Honest American Bison (Buffalo)

Sounds 100% like an ideal family dynamic IMO.

And I totally agree with your wishes for SLP & siblings. ❤️ ❤️

ilovechili, MsBetsy, abr and 7 others like this.
  2. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

I don't know.

I have considered that SP may have said that to BR to convince him she'd tried everything.

I've also considered that SP may NOT have told CP because she feared for their safety.

I've also considered that SP did go to CP at some point and CP disregarded her.

I believe SP will be honest with LE at this point. So I think that will be revealed at some point. The longer it goes without CP being charged the more I think SP didn't implicate her.

I hope she just failed her kids not intentionally hurt them. That is something SP could move on from a lot easier than intentionally endangering them.

3. girlhasnoname

girlhasnoname Well-Known Member

Super duper big internet hug for you and this wonderful post! Thank you for your reply shorty. I also believe a mother who was genuinely involved, would have seen or suspected something after so long.

Forpsy, jellybean96, MsBetsy and 10 others like this.
  4. girlhasnoname

girlhasnoname Well-Known Member

That is my best scenario hope too.

Forpsy, MsBetsy, MsFacetious and 4 others like this.
  5. Jim_M

Found this in the Media Thread. I think it's okay to bring this 'up'. Please report/delete if not okay :)

Missing Tennessee teen's cellphones pinged nearly 140 miles from home in another state: Police

SLP appears in 'truck/rest stop video' in this report. The same picture appears when mom & dud are sitting on their sofa, each holding a picture of SLP. Dud is holding the as mentioned photo. I cannot find that interview, as it appears to have been replaced by more current reports. That picture, with two big rigs in the background, is out on the internet.

Note: The reply to quote was messy, therefore deleted :)

ETA: Found it and again please report/delete if not okay:
    Cell phone of missing Tennessee teen pings in Kentucky

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  6. teedie2

teedie2 Well-Known Member

Dud? ROFLOL! First time I've seen that. Perfect!

7. Jim_M

Oh man, what happened to my 'i's'? :) :) :)

I'm doing my best to contain my anger at a 'father figure' who would rule his home in this manner. Is this the only way to root these monsters out? Our victims rescuing themselves? Our children being victimized, many times killed, because these people are in our world?

IMO this is happening much too frequently. And these shootings. Mass shootings. Okay, that's going OT in this wee bit of a rant. I apologize. I get this way sometimes. Where to direct that passion. I just want everyone to have a wonderful life. These monsters kind of ruin that possibility.

8. Jim_M

That scares me. What kind of support can we help make happen? For that family, and many others like them, where mom somehow failed, but didn't do so on purpose. To help them become whole again, they all need to be a priority to one another. All the therapy they will all need. How do we ensure those children are better protected? Can we even try?

9. Rosiebones

Rosiebones Well-Known Member

One area of greatest uncertainty for me is, how else this whole family situation could/should have been handled from within. Although in my world and from my point of view the mother should have known and then acted many years ago, that probably wasn't possible.
    How could a young mother of four small children, no job, no assets, and no apparent family support take the steps of leaving? Where would she go? Even battered women's shelters have limits as to how long a person/family can stay. How would she feed them, where would they live that he wouldn't find them. How would she protect them if she did find a job and had to leave them, for that matter who would she even leave them with?
    Most of us know stories of how a restraining order isn't even worth the paper it is written on. In RP's case, his history of owning guns, answering the door with a gun, killing and skinning a dog, there was no safety for them anywhere unless he was locked up without bail.
    I guess what I am saying is, it is easy for me to say as I have, that she should have known and acted, but I don't have to figure out the reality of the real next steps she would have had to take. She would have had to be right with her decisions the first time because there would have been no going back to him.
    Where is her extended family? For that matter, where is his? Are they helping?

10. Jim_M

The answer to the family question is most likely tangled up in CP's decisions to stay. Who did she have to turn to? If staying alive, and keeping her children alive, were the priorities? We know you hit on that answer in your notes.

It's heartbreaking that this still occurs. Not just 'here', but all around the world. And the poor children suffer as much as, if not more, than the parent. They become the punching bags, the SA targets, and we are left wondering how to fix this?

11. foxbluff

foxbluff Well-Known Member

RE: Rosie's Post #49
    @Rosiebones and All:

This has got-to-be one of the most insightful, sensitive, and beautifully written posts I've ever seen! You really dug deep for this one and I, for one, am grateful for the time and thought you invested.

I actually printed a copy.

12. TxMother67

TxMother67 Well-Known Member

The idea that SP may have travelled alone with RP in a semi..... no words. And that he would have photographed her?!! And then decided to hold up THAT one picture during his interview?!!! If he wasn't evil enough, this would take the cake. As I posted up-thread, there is a photo in a barn of the two of them that raises a giant red flag to me. My heart is shattered for SP.

13. foxbluff

foxbluff Well-Known Member

Ty @TxMother67 for your reply.
    Yes, just picturing him wheeling cross country with his handy in-cab-sleeping-compartent and SLP completely at his mercy to do as he pleased with her day and night ... makes me sick.
    Just seeing his hand on her photo makes me cringe.
    I'm sorry to learn about the barn photo of the two of them. Yes, red flag.
    I'm now wondering if this pig had any nude photos of this innocent young girl...perhaps concealed in his truck for those occasions when she didn't travel with him? I'm making myself gag now...

14. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Yes, in a "normal" family, in which the parents have a healthy relationship with their children, one usually can tell if something is not right.
    When my daughter is upset about something that happened on the bus or at school, I can tell the minute she gets in the car. Most moms' that I know can tell when something traumatic has happened to their child.
    But in this case I think we are talking about a dysfunctional family. We don't know what the family dynamics were, but I'm guessing it was not very healthy.
    I believe SP's mom knew, or at least saw the signs that her daughter was being abused, but she may have been in denial.
    As a result, she likely has lost custody of her daughter. Even if they find that she herself was abused and didn't have the ability to recognize the abuse of her child, I think she would be required to undergo intensive therapy and parenting classes before she can earn back custody. It can be a long process. Jmo

15. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

I don’t think an aunt, cousin, or any family is going to be allowed to take her without extreme vetting. First, I would think his side of the family is mostly out of the question. LE and prosecutors don’t want her being coached on how to feel about this or what to say. And clearly, since the other siblings are also not currently with the mom, some investigation of her is also happening. Again, they wouldn’t want SLP to be coached by her side of the family either.

The best place for all of the kids right now is a neutral, loving foster home until a full investigation is complete.

16. MsMarple

MsMarple Well-Known Member

Respectfully snipped and bolded by me for focus.

I guess we'll never know what the outcome would have been if RP's depraved crimes against SLP came out in a different way. However, IMO there is a strong possibility that RP would have been arrested and successfully convicted even without that video. My opinion comes from a recent conviction in TN of yet another adoptive father:
    Former East Tennessee pastor found guilty of raping adopted daughter
    In that case the girl waited until she was 16 to report that he had been abusing her since she was 14.
    LE found DNA evidence on her bare mattress after dear old papa tried to get rid of the sheets and also reset his phone to factory settings.

IMO LE would have taken any claim seriously enough to thoroughly investigate. The challenge to SLP was that she was taken out of public school and moved to an isolated area. It's no surprise she felt helpless and it's no surprise she turned to the first person who paid attention to her and listened to her claim of abuse.

So IMO her plan to run away certainly was the catalyst that took RP down but I don't believe the tape was an integral part in "proving" sexual abuse to LE. BR did not have to press her to be further abused and if he had the wherewithal to research how and where to send "proof" to the FBI then he was competent enough to research and learn that her accusation was enough to open an investigation and that SLP's word would have been sufficient.

Conclusion: he had an agenda beyond helping an abused child. How dare he and his attorney try and paint this as anything other than prurient exploitation of a minor!

MOO.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  17. ilovechili

ilovechili Well-Known Member

Excellent. Very good points.

I guess from seeing the system fail on occasion I question it. And it does fail at times.

I in no way if BR touched her defend him in any way.

In reading the criminal complaint, the video seems to be the key evidence for his one charge. Should she have been encouraged to get same, I do not know and there may have been an agenda there which is inexcusable.

Neither of these men deserve to not be tried if they were anywhere near this child sexually. WI included.

Going a bit sideways here but I also have no understanding for if any member of stepdad's family is supporting him. I know innocent until proven guilty but there is VIDEO and most of us have read the details, and probably just the basic ones they needed to provide. ANYONE who could support that or him has something extremely wrong.

I have not one bit of argument with one word you have said. I do know however the system does not always work. With regard to any subject or thing we can talk about. No matter the state, LE, etc. People are just people and it happens.

It is just an instinct but I feel somehow she was failed prior. I could be wrong.

Regardless, she is safe and alive and that we can all agree on.

And to anyone who took advantage, may their room be small, windowless, cheerless and your guard be an A-hole who loves his daughters.

ETA: My last sentence/paragraph I mean the guard who loves his own daughters in the right way and does not have any empathy for those who do not.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  18. human

human Well-Known Member

In Minnesota which was the leader in women’s shelters, the staff at the shelter have many many supports. People can earn money for following the plans developed for them.

For instance, going to parenting classes. The shelter staff works on finding housing and they have contacts for getting furniture.

But it is difficult getting away from an abuser. There is help out there. Minnesota takes women from all over the US.

It is too bad that women do not know there is help

19. PayrollNerd

PayrollNerd Well-Known Member

In the state of TN a child at age 14 has input on who they want to live with. The judges are usually willing to listen to the guardian ad litem (GALs) or social workers (SW) recommendations. By the time the Mom gets her act together, SP is going to be on the cusp of adulthood. And her younger sister just a year or two behind her too. Effectively, Mom has lost her window of opportunity to finish raising her two daughters. SLP can be 18 and petition to raise her younger sister with being supervised by the courts - a SW will follow them much like the adult Turpin kids have. Once the case moves forward and the living arrangements for SLP & her younger sister, they’ll be fundraisers to help them set up a stable living arrangement, get education, etc. Maybe they’ll decide to move back to Larenceville, GA where friendships and social support from their church will look out for them. And change their last names to their bio Dads to help them blend!

20. Yellow Rose

Yellow Rose Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me when RP's next before a judge?