AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #12

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by hollye, Jun 16, 2021.

?

What do you feel happened to Summer Wells?

1. Wandered off and became lost or injured

2. Abducted

3. Victim of foul play

4. Undecided

5. Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiff23fr

Tiff23fr Verified Expert - Cultural & Behavioral Dynamics Staff Member Moderator

I agree. The only thing I would add to this point is when some hear the words “grooming behavior” they may jump right to thoughts of a sexual nature. I think it is important to point out that is not always the case.
    Grooming behavior is about making the individual feel indebted to the adult in some way. The indebtedness can be for other possible reasons/favors at a future date.
    For example: Can you hook me up with ____, can you find out what _____ is doing? Followed by “Don’t forget about when I hooked you up with that tea and vape.”

2. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

Sometimes behaviors may seem just a "little" shady until 4 hours later when a sweet little 5 year old goes missing. Then the questions and public castigation starts------ really, only one drink? Prove it. What about CPS? How badly, if at all, was she hurt at the pond? Why does it seem like no one was paying attention to the girl when she was in the water? What....the 8-20 dogs just wagged their tails as someone made off with the family's little girl? Varying stories about where the police dogs hit...the driveway, the path through the woods, none backed up by LE....the "boy" is lying (now the 15 year old who she bought alcohol for is a "boy"?) .....The sons said this or that, who knows. She was "asleep" for nearly an hour or more on cold milk jugs? Continuing communication between Candus and H, facetiming the week of the disappearance per DD. So it's just an old story of stretching the norms, not so important, brushed off by apologists until we fear little Summer Moon is no longer with us.

3. Mountain_Kat

Mountain_Kat Heca, Firimar !

All I know is I'm only here for Summer. I couldn't care less about any of these other people. Save possibly H, because he's still just a kid being raised in a looney bin scenario, imo.

And that's all I have to say about that.

4. OldCop

OldCop Verified Law Enforcement (retired)

Picking up on Hunter’s discussion about CB calling him from the police station the day after Summer disappeared and telling him that she was going to have a second polygraph test. This was at about 41:50 in the interview.

In DW’s interview with the Johnson City Press he says this:
    They made Candus wait five days longer to take hers. She just wasn’t able to. She tried and she wasn’t able to. People are saying we failed and we took another test. That’s not the case, so when we did take them we both passed.”

Watch now: 'I'll see her in the resurrection': A month later Summer Wells' dad has little hope for her recovery

This is another example of trying to decide who we believe. Early in the interview H was pretty much sticking to the facts. I think. As the interview went on the stories started to get a little far fetched. Talk about the drug dealer, Candus not being able to find her kids in the yard because she is drunk and high, calling him the night Summer went missing, calling him from the police station. I don’t know. I think he is starting to relax and embellish.
    MOO

5. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science."- Liet Kynes

Lavender bolding mine
    Yes, every country is different, that's for sure.

But there are rules in this country, and no one is saying it's the only way (allowable); but rather it's more for the protection of minors and that's a good thing.
    Hope that makes sense the way I posted it.

Re. the lavender bolded : People here on this thread have been extremely understanding, maybe elsewhere -- not as much ?
    So there's no true comparison between what's posted elsewhere and what is said here at WS.
    Asking legitimate questions is not judging, it's just observing.
    There are many threads of questions that are important to the case and understanding the key players.

I think the poster who asked if the genders were reversed -- if people would be fine with giving alcohol to a minor -- had a great comparison .
    Most likely not, if the 39 year old was a man and the girl was 15.
    He'd be locked up and rightly so.
    Imo.
    So the rules apply to all as far as what's legal here in the U.S.
    Or they should.
    My .02.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2021
  6. LietKynes

bbm
    That's exactly what it looked like, and I agree with your other post that said what if the genders were reversed --would people be so defensive of the older person then ?
    Highly doubt it.
    Imo.

roche.analisa, misgrn, Dre and 6 others like this.
  7. Mimsy2

Mimsy2 Well-Known Member

It does show the events leading up to Summer's disappearance and the respon
    I was thinking along this line too. I can see Candus leaving the money for the drug dealer in a known to them location since she had CH and Summer with her. Then she tells the dealer to let her know when he's made the exchange. The known spot could be anywhere from the mailbox to a rock somewhere on or near Candus's property or anywhere in between.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2021
  8. Ms. Fletcher

Ms. Fletcher Well-Known Member

This. Bullseye.

9. Knitty

Knitty Well-Known Member

I don't have time to watch the video, but I'm wondering if there was an indication within it that A was unhappy that CB bought H the tea & vape? Or was it par for the course, because A has also bought tea/vape for H, or CB has provided such before and A wasn't bothered by it then?

10. mooseandcoffee

mooseandcoffee Well-Known Member

I think where they put the pillow is the very least of the concerns. If she fell asleep and kind of slumped over, that is where she would fall. ??

roche.analisa and MsBetsy like this.
  11. mooseandcoffee

mooseandcoffee Well-Known Member

Yep. A doesn’t really strike me as a typical parent either.

12. facts.are.stubborn.things

facts.are.stubborn.things Well-Known Member

I would say that was a highly fact-determinable question (ha!). One of the "facts" -- at least as I see it -- is that in this crowd of people, drinking at 15 is normal/acceptable behavior. So I guess I don't see that as really playing a part. As to myself, I have been a 15 year-old girl, who wasn't really allowed to drink (except small bits when my parents said ok as a treat)... but if my parents had been only even slightly more "European," I could think of 3 male family friends, well over my age, that for sure that would have been a matter of no concern with. If I asked my parents tomorrow would it have weirded you out if I came to you in 2--- and said X1 or X2 or X3 offered me a glass of wine, I am 99% sure they would express only small surprise at most, with a one in a billion chance of concern. Just not possible, given our family circumstances and the friends. Other people, it would I'm sure have been viewed with varying levels of concern, from small to outright hysteria.

But my parents were helicopter parents, and I was operating at the other end of the social spectrum, and I was a young woman (H is not). I still don't see how...... if I would let my 15 year old drink sometimes -- and I know my friend (A) lets her 15 year old drink sometimes -- why me letting H have one drink UNDER THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES -- would be inappropriate. Certainly not any more inappropriate than anything else in this whole crazy tale

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    roche.analisa and leehull like this.
  13. LietKynes

bbm
    You have a very good point !

Somehow I'm getting a feeling of a tangled spider's web.
    If this scenario is a possibility -- still repulsive for an adult to (albeit passively) coerce a minor in that manner.
    Imo.

roche.analisa, SMK777, abr and 2 others like this.
  14. MsMarple

MsMarple Well-Known Member

ITA! Plus, the boy has ADHD and is likely on medication. Is that even safe?

15. rainynights

rainynights Well-Known Member

16. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

ITA let’s just imagine if the genders were reversed? There would be IMHO outrage at this man giving a young 15 year old alcoholic drinks and vapes …
    It’s illegal and why this continues to be a discussion point I just do not get- but that’s just me - no matter what, it’s reprehensible behavior - I’d file charges if I were the parent
    JMO

17. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

Don't forget the Hippie House vape she also picked up for him, according to him.

18. BetzC

BetzC Well-Known Member

Am I understanding correctly how this day kicked off?

CW, who has been at odds with H and his family for months, texts H out of the blue and tells him her Mom is in the hospital. Almost as if it's a surprise or some sort of hardship for CW. So H tells them to come to his house but his Mom (A) is asleep? What??

Why would CW call a 15 year old boy to tell him her mother is in the hospital? Also, it sounds like she was in the ER, not really "in the hospital" (admitted).

But CW also tells H that her and Summer are going fishing/swimming? Was there any fishing gear in the truck? Doesn't sound like it. If CW was so distraught over her mother being "in the hospital" why was she planning an "outing"?

I'm sorry. None of that makes ANY logical sense to me.

19. Trebor5591

Trebor5591 Well-Known Member

No disrespect for Mr. McDonough or for his years as a police officer. And aren't cops allowed to pay informants for information? In his YT videos, people call in with questions and make "donations" to have their questions read and addressed. And he's very careful to thank them for their questions. The world of social media is different from the world of police detectives. There is no code of ethics to be a social media influencer with a YT channel that I am aware of, and Mr. McDonough would be breaking no law or doing anything unethical by giving Hunter and his Mom a stipend in return for an agreement to do a recorded interview. I really can not imagine any other reason why Hunter and Mother would be willing to sit and be interviewed by a skilled ex-cop in a high profile public case in which they are likely witnesses. But this is my opinion only, and I could be wrong.
    Plus I don't see his interviews as interfering in an investigation or jeopardizing an investigation, to the contrary, his interviews appear to be helping to break things loose.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  20. Jettson

Jettson Well-Known Member

What kind of drugs are we speaking of? Pot? Is there some basis to think hard core drugs are being used? That's a very serious accusation. I didn't watch the video. Is that what H is saying?

roche.analisa, potatoes13 and athenna like this.
  21. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

Part 2 is now live - just started at 6:00

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.