AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #13

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by hollye, Jun 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldCop

OldCop Verified Law Enforcement (retired)

The TN drone law specifically states that LE can use a drone to search for a missing person. In general LE must obtain a warrant to use a drone for surveillance:
    The statute generally prohibits drone use by a law enforcement agency to gather evidence or other information. Following the general prohibition, the statute prescribes exceptions by which drone use is permissible.

The statute allows use of a drone in these circumstances:

1. to counter a high risk of a terrorist attack by a specific individual or organization if the United States secretary of homeland security determines that credible intelligence indicates that there is such a risk;
    2. if the law enforcement agency first obtains a search warrant signed by a judge authorizing its use;
    3. if the law enforcement agency possesses reasonable suspicion that, under particular circumstances, swift action is needed to prevent imminent danger to life;
    4. to provide continuous aerial coverage when law enforcement is searching for a fugitive or escapee or is monitoring a hostage situation; or
    5. to provide more expansive aerial coverage when deployed for the purpose of searching for a missing person.

Tennessee Drone Laws, Rules and Regulations

A later section of the statute indicates that it would be a misdemeanor for anyone acting under the direction of law enforcement to use a drone for surveillance. I believe TES would fall under this category. I think that they would be covered under the missing person exception, but I’ll let an attorney verify that.
    I think if LE has a suspect and is searching their property for a mp with a drone, they would be wise to obtain a warrant to avoid a problem at trial. Likewise, if they see something suspicious during an mp search, they would be wise to stop and get a warrant. There is usually an on call judge to cover nights and weekends when the courts are closed for just such emergencies.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021

2. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 I will do it, but I won't like it

Ergo, the 3 sons at home would have never seen/interacted with her.. nor would have grandmother and 4 are saying perhaps they did? Scratching my head that 5 would lie. Doesn't compute. MOO

3. dixiegirl1035

For new folks, especially if 13 threads behind, I would suggest to go to the media thread which is a link in the first post in this thread. MOO

TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 Media Maps Timeline *NO DISCUSSION*

4. branmuffin

branmuffin Well-Known Member

This thread is moving fast. Been gone for a couple of days so I am hopelessly behind. I did watch the H video and a portion of a video with A and a friend. It was liking herding cats. Timelines all over the place, clarifying, changing, subtle and not so subtle barbs.

It's odd to me that A and CB were 'close' when we find out they met about a year and a half ago but have been on the outs for nine months. How close can you be to someone you only knew for 5 months before the split?

There's all these peripheral characters like J and female friends who as far as I can ascertain can provide diddly squat as to what happened to Summer. It's like "Assassinate the Character of your Friend Day" every time someone opens their mouth.

In these circumstances I believe it relates to CYA mode. Not because any of these people have something to do with Summer's disappearance but it's a broader attempt to whitewash their own lifestyle choices because now they are on the public stage they are being judged. The plot has been lost when it comes to focusing energy on finding Summer.

So, I have a few questions regarding the vehicles CB and DW drive. Do we know the make and years of these vehicles? Are they within the age parameters for accessing digital evidence? For some reason I got it in my head that CB's vehicle had a third row of seats but that appears not to be the case. All the activity of the day, including going to A's house to avoid sitting in a hot car made me wonder if there was no AC in the vehicle. Based on CB saying money given to the boys at a vigil she could use for gas money suggests they would turn off the car to save gas when stopped. I agree with another poster who wondered why they didn't just go to McD's to take advantage of the AC and get some cold drinks while waiting for GMa's doctor visits.

I feel that Summer's disappearance is somehow related to benign neglect. If Summer's remains are found today, it's possible someone close to Summer could be facing charges relating to camouflaging the death of a human being.

5. dixiegirl1035

In my notes, I noted suspicious that he purposefully listened to that phone call to listen for something suspicious. Huh???? And then he was suspicious that he went through another persons phone. Huh????? A child picks up a phone and does that?

What?

(all this from approve Chris interview)

6. Fireflize

Fireflize Well-Known Member

You are right. For the hot car theory to work, the flower planting and brother actually seeing her would have to be false. And that is possible.

7. IceIce9

IceIce9 Well-Known Member

Just one of the things that doesn’t make sense.

roche.analisa, 303gmf, Seenit and 8 others like this.
  8. PhoneJockey

PhoneJockey Well-Known Member

He's technically a child, but he is also a teenager. My teenage son definitely went through my phone at that age, just out of boredom.
    If I was around someone with a missing child, I might be tempted to look through their phone given the chance as well.

9. justaparent

justaparent Well-Known Member

Pure speculation on my part. He’s not a child, he’s 15 and kids grow up quickly these days. I can’t imagine a casual friend who is traveling around for the day with an adult, her young child, and mom, doing those things <modsnip>

It seems strange that a teen has so much info about the person even though the families have supposedly been estranged for months.

jmo

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2021
  10. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

A sketchy kid that wants to know what's up.

What tag along teen asks why a woman's husband just called her?

11. flashy09

flashy09 Well-Known Member

It is so frustrating how all the key players just don't keep track of time even with so many texts and photos taken during the day. They could have times if they wanted to give them.

It is so strange CW contacted H about grandma in the hospital and H invites her over. A 15 yr old boy. CW and his mother are not friends anymore. I am just going to leave it there.

12. Lillymac

Lillymac Well-Known Member

All H had to do was open the door and get out or just open the door and leave it open for air to come in.

13. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

I’m hoping GM rode in one of those electric handicapped carts at the grocery store since she was in such pain with her knee.

An hour in the grocery store - sounds like a lot of groceries were bought. Not a quick run in to buy two gallons of milk.

14. flashy09

flashy09 Well-Known Member

Thinking about my own question.

I wonder if DW would have an issue with CW and H planning to go swimming or fishing together with just a 5 yr old. Almost like being alone. Perhaps that is why CW mentions "30 minutes at the most" for the prescription to be filled and emphasizes what a spur of the moment decision it was when obviously it was not. Could it be that now that DW knows about the swimming hole, she wanted to explain it as a very quick, last minute decision to get everyone out of that baking car - the one she is fine leaving everyone in for longer later?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  15. RANCH

RANCH Well-Known Member

What about turning on the vehicles A/C?

16. RANCH

RANCH Well-Known Member

What if H's time estimate was off? 45 minutes? 35 minutes?

17. Teche

Teche Well-Known Member

A.’s friend who sat in on the table chat with Chris (Interview Rm) stated that she’s a nurse. As a nurse, she’s a mandated reporter and who was present for A’s pool party where CW allegedly punished her boys by making them lie on hot tar pavement. That hopefully was a call to CPS.

18. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

<modsnip>

H's comments in the interview with CM contradict completely what CW says in this quote. Not to mention she leaves out the entire convo H claims they had about her texting him, then him inviting them over that morning while they waited for CH at the hospital. He told CM that it was CW that brought up going "fishing or something" (5:35 in the video) at his house that morning, and he asked if he could come along. If CW had Summer's bathing suit with her, to change her into it, it sure sounds to me like it was planned (not to mention all the talk of the water park which they ended up not going to).

So the only logical conclusion is, one of them isn't being entirely honest. I think it actually does matter a lot. An accurate, factual account of the events of that day seem to be a bit slippery to nail down because the entire truth is not being told.

jmo

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2021
  19. mainemom376

mainemom376 Well-Known Member

Do we know if they have started the searches yet?

20. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Or they could have just gone into the store.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.