AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #17

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by hollye, Jun 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hollye

hollye Well-Known Member

Official Wells Family information website "Find Summer Wells"

Media, Maps and Timeline - No Discussion Thread

Poll: What do you feel happened to Summer Wells?

Map Courtesy of @skibaboo : Summer Wells, Rogersville TN June 15th 2021 - Google My Maps

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5
    Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10
    Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15

Thread #16

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has issued an endangered child alert for a missing 5-year-old from Hawkins County.

Summer Wells is 5 years old and not 4 as was previously reported.

Emergency crews are searching for Summer Wells around Ben Hill Road in the Beech Creek community.

Wells was seen walking away from her home on Ben Hill Road around 7 p.m.

She is 4-feet tall, has blonde hair, and was last seen wearing a pink shirt and gray shorts.

TBI issues endangered child alert for missing Hawkins County 5-year-old | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2021
    MajorHoople, HayLouise, DeDee and 6 others like this.

2. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Next member to sleuth this family's social media will receive a 1 week Time Out from Websleuths.

It's clear in The Rules. We aren't going to say it again. Zero tolerance.

Shadow@light, hdo82, kimpage and 2 others like this.
  3. Sillybilly

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random. Apologies for the length and the personal anecdote.

Websleuths is first and foremost a true crime discussion forum. Only second to that is that WS is victim friendly. That has NEVER changed, yet there are those who still insinuate or flat-out accuse parents or loved ones of being responsible for a crime.

With regard to the Option 1 and Option 2 hypotheticals that were presented by birdfeeder upthread, I don't believe that post was designed to cast aspersions at the family, but rather to point out that, in their opinion, abduction was more likely than family involvement. It was not intended to be a gateway for others to make up scenarios or start down that non victim friendly path of how family members could be responsible.

We have seen cases where parents remained totally silent about their daughter's disappearance because LE was busy building the case against someone else. We've had cases where a mother couldn't stay silent, and never seemed to say the ‘right thing’; members and even LE were convinced that mom was guilty yet two absolute strangers were ultimately charged with the murder of that woman's precious daughter. We've had surprises we would never have foreseen .. children who have been found after all hope had faded. Each case is unique in its detail and until LE names a POI or suspect, we do not understand why members join Websleuths only to then become averse to posting in accordance with our very basic Victim Friendly policy that covers family members, friends and loved ones.

I can say through personal experience that the pain over the loss of children (different circumstances), while it never goes away, does change somewhat over time. It changes who you are as a person, but what will never change, and what I can still hear today as clearly as if it was yesterday, are the words of those who tried to make me somehow feel responsible for the death of my children. Your words have power. Please choose them carefully.

Our rule has always been that we are victim friendly. As Tricia has said in the past, "The rules are easy to follow on Websleuths. Thousands of people follow the rules every day with no problem."

Please don't respond, but try to keep these thoughts in mind going forward.

Rhibread, Proudnanny, Teche and 5 others like this.
  4. Sillybilly

DeDee, hdo82, chihuahua and 1 other person like this.
  5. Tiff23fr

Tiff23fr Verified Expert - Cultural & Behavioral Dynamics Staff Member Moderator

Combined Historical Mod Notes:

I get the frustration and the desire for answers. I also understand how emotions are high in Summers case. However, baiting and/or bickering with fellow posters is uncalled for. It gets us no closer to what brought us here and does not advance the conversation.

Please refrain from responding to posts simply to bicker, argue, or bait. If you disagree with a post: scroll and roll, take a break, or at minimum pause and re-read your response before you hit “post reply”. When you feel most compelled to immediately respond, that is a sign you should pause before taking action.

24hr time outs will be issued without added warning for baiting and bickering
    ———————————————

Mod Note:

Nothing has been released by LE stating the parents are POI’s or Suspects at this point. The victim friendly rule remains in full effect. Discussions/observations on what has been stated in interviews is fine. However, please do not point to, or post judgmental comments regarding how a parent looks or appears on video and do not cast veiled accusations of their involvement. Lastly, please refrain from stating you are “sitting on your hands”. That is a veiled accusation/judgement and there is no need to post it.
    ————————————————-

Mod Note:

We all know this situation is not pretty. There is a lot of noise around Summer’s disappearance. When discussing the approved interviews, keep it to what is stated in the interviews. We will not tolerate trash talking of parties interviewed or on the periphery of this case. Leniency has been given to align with open discussion of the interview(s) content, but the trash talking is where the line is being drawn.

There will be no further warnings on this topic. Time Outs will be automatic.

Keep it classy and remember your words have power.

Thanks Everyone,
    Tiff

6. CocoChanel

CocoChanel Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

MOD NOTE

Speculating and discussing what was on the TV in the background of the YT by CM today is absolutely off topic and irrelevant to Summer’s disappearance. Dozens of posts have been removed as result of this violation of TOS. If all we have to talk about this evening is in violation of TOS, this thread may need to be closed early. Please stop.

7. CrimeDawg123

CrimeDawg123 Well-Known Member

Is the father back in town now? I thought I had heard he disappeared. TIA

Shadow@light, sassyblue and SMK777 like this.
  8. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

It's impossible trying to catch up. Any updates today of any importance?

wallaby, HayLouise, jnblsm and 8 others like this.
  9. TN Hiker

TN Hiker Well-Known Member

Thread 17... still no closer to Summer... :(

10. KyrahFoxx

KyrahFoxx Active Member

He's there

11. MsMarple

MsMarple Well-Known Member

Sadly no, nothing of any importance. :(

12. MariettaDaws

MariettaDaws Well-Known Member

Only that CM will interview DW at 9 est

13. CrimeDawg123

CrimeDawg123 Well-Known Member

I guess it was just a rumor. Go figure!

14. Allabouttrial

Allabouttrial Well-Known Member

Telephone interview tonight.

15. LaineyJ

LaineyJ Well-Known Member

I’m debating if I even have the mental energy to tune in to TIR in an hour.

I probably will, but I just don’t want to. I’m so tired of everybody speaking but they’re not saying anything.

16. dyannaON

dyannaON Well-Known Member

Still no Summer. This is maddening.

17. Mountain_Kat

Mountain_Kat Heca, Firimar !

Yesterday was quite enough for me emotionally. I'm done with all these interviews.

18. chihuahua

chihuahua Well-Known Member

Me too. :( They sap my emotions too much.
    We're still strictly #TEAMSUMMER
    Chi In Tennessee

19. angelainwi

angelainwi Certified Trauma Counselor

Their website verbiage is excellent in my opinion. It reads as if a lawyer may have written it....

20. stattlich1

stattlich1 Well-Known Member

Who will crack this case? Who knows the truth?

What a trip.

I have no choice but to remain in the foul play camp.

That's just me. That's my opinion.

I just spent two weeks in Tennessee. I didn't see any woodland that I'd be eager to walk in to barefoot. (Lots of Kudzu though)

I guess someone could have snatched Summer from that property, but with my less than stellar observational techniques, for me, I've determined the likelihood of that to be slim to none, and slim left town.

Somebody knows.

Somebody knows what happened to Summer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.