AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #17

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by hollye, Jun 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

This person avoided dogs, came and went like a ghost, and miraculously kidnapped a little girl in the span of mere minutes.

He targeted an area that is an incredibly unusual area to target, in that it does not present the much easier opportunities that could be found in a more populated area.

He did this the hard way, and had stunning luck. He appears to have fooled local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies, who clearly suspect those within Summer’s immediate circle (seizing cell phones, seizing other evidence, polygraphs, and not putting out a definitive timeline).

If that happened, then this is the strangest abduction I’ve ever seen.

Possible? Anything is possible.

Probable? Hell no.

2. AmyE

AmyE Well-Known Member

It's possible, IF they looked BEFORE all the ground search teams were walking around.
    Also, experienced hunters, (lots of ppl from this area) can walk through woods without leaving a trail and without making a sound. Experience hunting small game and this skill is necessary, along with patience and lots of waiting.

3. AmyE

AmyE Well-Known Member

We do not know for sure the exact time line, Summer could have been gone longer than "2 mins" this could have been used as a generalization, a reference to a small amount of mins or literally what CB believes was indeed 2 mins. We just don't know the specific times.

4. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

When she was at the reservoir she told Chris Summer told her she was cold, so she put the outfit on her. Maybe she did say she took her swimsuit off but I thought she said she did that after they got home. I'm not sure why they would worry about the seat getting wet if she wasn't still wearing a wet bathing suit.

I did not see the Rogersville Times Interview so I don't know when she said she took the suit off.

5. Allabouttrial

Allabouttrial Well-Known Member

Experienced hunters who abduct little girls. That should narrow down the field considerably I would think, especially as the chances of a stranger abduction is pretty slim.

6. TKG

TKG Well-Known Member

The link is above in her post. You have to watch it on Youtube, CM has it disabled from playing on other sites. She also included the timestamped transcript.

CW did in fact say two different things.

28:37
    he asked you for the tea and
    28:40
    that you gave him a tea yeah for nothing
    28:42
    okay i'm just
    28:44
    getting me for a mountain dew okay i got
    28:46
    him a mountain dew okay where did the
    28:47
    orange crush come from
    28:49
    on the seat with summer that was my
    28:51
    mom's she was drinking that and then
    28:53
    don't want him
    28:54
    and what about the candy on the sheet
    28:55
    okay oh that candy's been in
    28:58
    okay okay and what about the pillow the
    29:01
    pillow what pillow oh
    29:02
    she's sitting on a pillow she's [ __ ] oh
    29:06
    mom gets mad because if the kids get in
    29:08
    their wet bathing suit and stuff so i
    29:10
    just put pillow underneath so mom wasn't
    29:12
    complaining

7. MassGuy

That’s one tiny part of it, and although there is a difference between 2 minutes and 10, that does not negate all the other issues here.

8. December

December Verified insider - Kathy Jones case

Although CB calls the top SW was wearing in the truck a "sweater", it looked to be lightweight.

But, changing her into this... Where did that happen?

9. facts.are.stubborn.things

facts.are.stubborn.things Well-Known Member

What do you think though about an abduction by someone much closer to home, familiar with the property, maybe even with the dogs, and possibly with Summer?

We know they did polygraphs and seized the pones, etc. but it seems like that would have been the first thing done the first day. Do we know that the Wells never got them back?

I've often wondered if the reason LE is being so tight lipped is because they know that if they clear the parents, the *real* villain might do something rash, like hide Summer forever, or kill her if she's hopefully still alive.

10. TKG

TKG Well-Known Member

Jinx. My thoughts exactly and I posted that yesterday.

11. 155etta

155etta Well-Known Member

It struck me in the interview with Chris when she said she did some laundry that afternoon and her boys had 80 pairs of pants. Each. Tons of laundry. I would bet money that they do not have 80 pairs of pants each. I think Candus just really, I don't want to say exaggerates- that's not the right word, but she just isn't acurate when she describes things. MOO.

12. AmyE

AmyE Well-Known Member

It is completely possible that an abductor could have taken this child and left via the "dead end" holler that isn't a dead end, they could have been miles away in mins and never went to a main road, trails (old roads on top of ridge) connect to 3 different hollers from Ben Hill road. If you follow Ben Hill road on Google maps to where it shows the road ends and look at what is shown as Limestone branch creek then you can see clear as day in some spots the old road and in places it is covered by foliage. If you look at that area you will see that you could exit via Broom holler, Light holler, or Metcalf holler. There used to be homes up there, these roads are not maintained and are trails now. Beech Creek has many of these trails, and they have entrances/exits in more places than I could ever list here.

roche.analisa, LoveyG, hdo82 and 18 others like this.
  13. MassGuy

Hunter still hadn’t received his phone back at the time of his interview with Chris several days ago, so I think it’s a safe bet the family does not have theirs either.

It’s natural to look at the family first, as they are involved more often than someone outside the family. They would have investigated anyone who had a connection to that property, and worked out from there.

We’ve heard nothing though that points to anyone outside the family (as a focus) at this point.

14. TKG

TKG Well-Known Member

But she's terrible with time. She says so multiple times in her interviews.
    So which is it?

What about the 3.5 hours of time unaccounted for after arriving back home.

Being poor doesn't make you a criminal.
    I think we'll learn that being poor had nothing to do with this. Vapes, cigarettes, Twisted Tea, new vehicles etc. This equates to poor money management not poor in income.

Is it two minutes or 20 minutes?

There are myriad issues.

15. Mountain_Kat

Mountain_Kat Heca, Firimar !

No, I meant where she specifically said that she put dry clothes over the wet clothes. But I think Ms. Betsy understood the distinction in her reply to me. The pillow discrepancy ( or what appears to be a discrepancy ) I totally get.

I think I need to re-watch that CM interview down by the water and try to find that complete Rogersville Review interview and compare them side by side.

16. AmyE

AmyE Well-Known Member

Probably not, everyone from here is a hunter or grew up hunting, it's a way of life here, has been for generations.

17. AmyE

AmyE Well-Known Member

Think about what the local community would say and do when told about a child predator/abductor loose in neighborhood. This could be a dangerous situation, we have some colorful locals to say the least, and the public would freak out.

18. Mountain_Kat

Mountain_Kat Heca, Firimar !

Suddenly another thought occurs to me, though. Didn't someone from SAR say that they couldn't find an article of clothing for scent dogs to use that was exclusively Summer's, because so much in the home was shared ? Am I imaging that ?

19. facts.are.stubborn.things

facts.are.stubborn.things Well-Known Member

I understand what you're saying. It's usual to suspect the parents 'cause the parents usually did it. And there's even more things in this case that tend to make CW/DW look bad.

I guess part of it is instinct -- I just don't believe they did it. My gut says no freakin' way. And then my mind says, one of those parents would have to be a criminal mastermind or their whole story would have fallen like a house of cards well before now. I feel warmly towards the Wells, but I don't think they can fool every agency that's been thrown at this case.

Plus I can't help feeling how incredibly convenient it is, for someone who wanted Summer, and knew a bit about her circumstances ... that her family is a mess. Of course they'll draw all the suspicion, and you knew that, so all you needed was a plan to get in and out quickly and fade away to watch the awful show.

20. Allabouttrial

Allabouttrial Well-Known Member

Dave from Equusearch said that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.