AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #17

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by hollye, Jun 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chihuahua

chihuahua Well-Known Member

Summer's mom explains about changing her clothes after swimming.
    There are several differences between her story and H's. I tend to believe her.
    Summer's little swimming outfit was both cute and appropriate to me.
    Where are you little girl???
    Need some rest, but always here with y'all in my heart,
    Chi

2. Mountain_Kat

Mountain_Kat Heca, Firimar !

A child certainly does not vanish in 3-5 minutes, that's for sure. <modsnip>

But anyway...you and I are definitely on the same team, Chi. Summer is the real victim here, imo.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2021
  3. chihuahua

chihuahua Well-Known Member

FB_IMG_1625673160828.jpg Basically the entrance to swimming hole.
    IMG_162640029436F.jpg The Tennessee Buruea Of Investigation is still seeking the driver of a red or maroon Toyota Tacoma with ladder rack and white buckets as a witness only in Summer Wells Missing case possibly 1998-2000.
    Prayers and hopes not only for SW but for all the searchers.
    FB_IMG_1624737569525.jpg
    She's so vivacious according to everyone who knows her.
    Chi outta here for now.

4. DeDee

DeDee Well-Known Member

When you try everything you can think of in order to solve how Summer got lost and you grab a shovel and dig a few salty mines, and if it all of it seems to fall into one place; keep trying to find the easiest, most sensible conclusion and if it all still falls into one place, then you've found the best possible poi.

The case is in the best hands possible. I trust Sheriff Lawson. He holds the highest and most powerful office in that County. Sheriff Lawson wears a badge and carries a holstered firearm or two. I don't expect this to become a cold case.

5. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN In a world where you can be anything, be kind

But if she was cold why was little Summer leaning against what appears to be a full gallon of milk? (in the video of them driving home from swimming) The milk would be cold I'd imagine. ???

6. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I think Summer was the only person who would fit into it. Her mom's scent would have been on it if she helped her put it on and take it off. Or if Summer took it off and put it in the laundry or with some other clothes it would have other's scents on it. Usually LE asks for something nobody else has touched, which would probably be difficult in a small house with six people. Even the bath towels might be shared. And yes, it could have been washed.

I do wonder what they ended up using. It might explain why the dogs had such a hard time tracking her scent. A pair of shoes or socks would have been good but even those would probably have other scents. Maybe they used one of the toys she had been playing with in the kitchen.

7. AbbeyBabbey

AbbeyBabbey Well-Known Member

Candus seems to have a problem with numbers. It's just not important to her to commit to memory anything/everything to do with digits IMO. I do that with names of businesses, for example. I don't like labels so I don't care what the name of the closest pizza place is (it all tastes the same to me - not a big pizza fan - don't hit me!:p); if the nearest run-in-and-grab joint is a Family Dollar/Dollar General/Dollar Tree (it's just a dollar store to me); I don't have a clue what the names of the corner stores/gas stations are around me (they're all just "convenience stores"). I often say that my brain is like an old computer - there's just not enough memory left to add more bs to it.
    Candus:
    2 minutes back into house after Summer
    distance to porch/house
    20 minutes at the swimming hole
    swimming hole water "only up to here" (shows mid calf)
    5 minutes in the grocery store
    2? or 3? vapes purchased
    number of resident dogs
    80 pairs of pants
    The list goes on and on. It's a consistent pattern with her. While most of us generally would try our best to give thought when asked to identify/estimate something, she looks confused as to why someone think it's important to name a number and she just blurts out whatever pops into her head. We are all guilty of exaggerating (thinking of the pants): "I have a ton of dishes to do". Of course, there is not 2,000 pounds of dishes waiting for me in my sink but that's what might come out of my mouth without forethought and no one would bat an eye at me saying that.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  8. Allabouttrial

Allabouttrial Well-Known Member

This whole "bathing suit-gate" I feel is quite contradictory.

9. SLouTh

SLouTh Well-Known Member

It is so refreshing to hear positive thoughts on the law enforcement in the area.

Do you know what time it would get dark in that area of Tennessee? Just thinking about the timeline .... and I have gone back to re-listen to the first few press conferences with Police/ Sherriff .... and at that point they were searching till 8pm...
    Many thanks
    IMO

roche.analisa and Pet woman like this.
  10. yurintroubl

yurintroubl Well-Known Member

It makes perfect sense. CW was putting herself out there...opening up her home and lifestyle to scrutiny courtesy of countless internet strangers... on the off-chance her message may reach an individual who may have information that brings her daughter home. She obviously thought that CM was "on her side" and helping her impress the possibility of abduction upon those investigating. The mere insinuation that DW was in the shed after she had said point-blank he was at work... That must've felt like a huge betrayal. If I were her - my feelings would've absolutely been hurt.

11. DeDee

DeDee Well-Known Member

You are right, of course. Name one person who wasn't shocked to see how Summer had to access her bedroom should she wish to go play with her toys. Candus cleaned the place a little since she was expecting guests.

Basement Abduction Feasibility

Candus pointing to the area of the basement entry. It's the dark area under the counter.
    Screenshot 2021-07-28 10.30.40 PM.png

The Basement Entry
    Screenshot 2021-07-28 10.32.44 PM.png

Candus turns around so she can go down into the basement
    Screenshot 2021-07-28 10.34.28 PM.png

Chris asks if you have to be tiny to get in this way. He asks if he can go around and come in from the outside. Too funny that wasn't edited. Chris experiences the full effect of making it to the basement where he sees Summer's bedroom. It takes your breath away.
    Screenshot 2021-07-28 10.36.38 PM.png

12. SLouTh

SLouTh Well-Known Member

I have to agree with this.... and I had always thought that it is "normal" to have a few inconsistencies in a true witness account?? I have been of the understanding that LE would be far more suspicious about a Witness Statement that never changes.... like a recital.....
    I do admit I could be totally wrong about this, but it is something I have read while following cases on WS but I cant give you a link.....
    All IMO

13. TeaTime

TeaTime Well-Known Member

No. But, perhaps everything was so jumbled up, with 6 people and animals running around, there was no way to get a scent on just Summer. But, as an aside, I knew families that simply had "clothes" - all shared amongst the kids and passed down over and over again. No kid had their own clothes - boys or girls. Rooms, beds, pillows, dressers, closets, were shared. I am sure it is still that way in many, many homes.

14. DeDee

DeDee Well-Known Member

Far too much information that doesn't make good sense. She should have just left it at "I actually put her bathing suit on before we left home."

The rest of that is word salad. ;)

15. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

Inaccurate---I would go with that. For example, she said with certainty, something like: ' I was in the store for 5 minutes, ran in and grabbed the milk and came right out'

Then later in the same interview she talked about having the boys help bring the groceries in, and her having to separate her groceries from her Mom's and then carry them to the camper....So her original statement was 'inaccurate' in my opinion.

16. zenzen

zenzen Well-Known Member

for me the minor inconsistencies aren't that troubling..... up until the moment that CW realised Summer was gone she had absolutely no reason to catalogue her day ... she doesn't come across as a detail oriented person, i think she is just wracking her brain trying to remember.... the main aspects haven't changed

also have absolutely no issue with LE not showing their cards if in fact this is an abduction... anything they share publicly is out there for the possible perpetrator to read to hear and react to .... if miracle occurs and this person has Summer alive somewhere, feeling secure in getting away with the abduction and LE kicks in the door and brings Summer home, shame on anyone complaining that the public should have been kept in the loop.
    if she was my daughter i would happily absorb all the negative insinuations and being a poi if it meant i got my child back.

roche.analisa, KaJo87, abr and 18 others like this.
  17. SLouTh

SLouTh Well-Known Member

Is it possible that the house looked to be in disarray as the Police have searched everything and tipped everything out?? And honestly if my daughter was missing I wouldn't be doing housework, I would be barely existing....
    I do feel so sorry for them, and houses can quickly get messy over a number weeks, and its been over 6 weeks now....

I really thought today's interview with Chris was leaning towards abduction theory, and at the time I wondered if someone could have been hiding in that dark area of the stairwell..... or in the basement itself?? A perpetrator could have even been in the basement before they arrived home? Perhaps dear Summer was not the target victim?? But became the easiest?? Which is almost too horrendous to think about .....

Just a thought.... and IMO

18. Unalienable Rights

Unalienable Rights Well-Known Member

Important info. CM should interview you about your observations!

19. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I think the inconsistencies are about minor details or things that were left out in the beginning. Overall the story has been the same. It's normal not to recall every little thing that happens throughout the day, especially when you are busy going from one place to the other. Sometimes later you remember things you forgot the first time. I think that's why investigators ask people to go over the details many times when questioning them.

The significant time period to me was after they got home. The description of events has always been the same. The problem is there is no way to verify anything. LE has to rely on the testimony of everyone that was there and compare that to whatever evidence they have.

20. justaparent

justaparent Well-Known Member

@beatrixpotter

Yeah, DW probably doesn’t have a shed full of expensive tools but that’s just as likely as so many of the other scenarios being thrown about.

The fact is, none of us have any clue where little Summer is or how she got there.

jmo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.