AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #17

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by hollye, Jun 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhoneJockey

PhoneJockey Well-Known Member

I took it to mean that the boys were locked inside while she was gone on the 15th, but I could be misunderstood.

2. TeaTime

TeaTime Well-Known Member

Don said it broke Candus' heart that Chris thought she lied about Don not being home or that she hid him. Chris said he apologized to both of them.

3. DeDee

DeDee Well-Known Member

I agree and second this motion. When Summer went missing was she wearing any part of her swimsuit?

I also read that the long-sleeved jacket and pants were purchased for school to wear to Kindergarten. Then, I read naw, Candus bought it for Summer to wear to the swim park or somewhere in Jonesboro.

All of these cannot be true.

4. PhoneJockey

PhoneJockey Well-Known Member

I noticed that as well, and she seemed to struggle a bit with the lock (which is why she said it was hard to unlock)

5. SLouTh

SLouTh Well-Known Member

TN I did notice today that Chris has a FB Page ..... maybe you could send a message there? (Sorry, I don't subscribe to any YouTube)

Unless he did notice, but didn't want to point that out just yet???

Would a perpetrator (sadly, I am thinking perpetrator) be able to carry a small child to the shed from the house in that terrain?? and then to get away car from there???

6. Mountain_Kat

Mountain_Kat Heca, Firimar !

The story after they got home (as we heard it anyway) was pretty simple to begin with, wasn't it ?

1). Planted flowers
    2). Washed hands, got candy from Grandma
    3). Walked her to the house.
    4). 5 minutes later, she was gone.

That's not a lot of details to have to keep straight. At least in terms of media interviews. Which is the only thing we have to go by. And that might actually be your point. If it is, please forgive me for simply repeating what you already said. No kidding...I am exhausted by this case.

7. facts.are.stubborn.things

facts.are.stubborn.things Well-Known Member

Of course CW was heartbroken!! She felt like nothing could get worse than what it already was that afternoon. But she opened up to CM, and invited him home ... to a place she had obviously not staged. CW says she's shy and sticks mostly with her family. But she trusted CM and hoped he would help her. She was so painfully, brutally honest in showing that home, then he insinuated she might have lied. I would have been ashamed and heartbroken both.

I'm so glad he apologized. I think CM is a really decent guy.

8. SLouTh

SLouTh Well-Known Member

The amber alert says "Grey Shorts and a Pink T Shirt", but sometimes Police hold back information on clothing, as something only a perpetrator would know........

So I don't think we really know the answer to this excellent question..... do we know the color of the swim suit??

9. yurintroubl

yurintroubl Well-Known Member

I think the confusion is somebody called a "zippie" a "hoodie". Many zippy jackets are hoodies so it would be an easy mistake to make.

10. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

Maybe CM was thinking of Israel Keyes, and how he used his own little workshop. I think CM's cop mind was just wondering why an out building was so shrouded in mystery, given that the 5 year old baby of the family has disappeared. Who cares about feelings at that point. Finding Summer is more important than Candus' feelings.

11. DeDee

DeDee Well-Known Member

Two minutes or twenty minutes was not MassGuy's point.

The incident couldn't happen from the basement. Candus says the basement door is hard to unlock when she and Chris are leaving the bedrooms.

No one has been able to explain how Summer went missing. Nor do we know what time Summer went missing. We have approximations <modnsip>

If an intruder entered the Wells' front door and somehow FOUND the SECRET ENTRANCE through the dark passage to the basement and hid in the basement waiting for Summer to come down to play with her toys, then, theoretically, he could snatch Summer and run out of the basement door toward her swing. This small section of sightline would not be visible from Grandma’s camper. Then, go on down to the dog trail which is actually a bike trail leading back to the driveway. Uh.

Assuming Summer would be screaming and kicking as the intruder runs off with her, Candus and Grandma are outside but would not hear her screams. It's 5:30 and she's gone. Candus calls Don.

JMHOO

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2021
  12. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

She was reportedly wearing a pink top and the grey pants when she went missing. Her mom said she was wearing the bathing suit when she left the house because it was supposed to be hot that day. After she went swimming she changed into the pink outfit. I don't remember Canduce mentioning anything about taking the bathing suit off. I would imagine at some point she did and maybe just didn't mention it because it's not relevant to Summer going missing.

The pink outfit could have been both for kindergarten and for the waterpark. I don't see why both can't be true.

13. SLouTh

SLouTh Well-Known Member

This is what CBW recounted to Chris in the interview, and they were still in Grandma's truck, new, and in the bag, from when they were purchased, prior to that day.... for kindy...

14. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

Here's the problem. She is quite sure when she contradicts every single thing Allyson and H say. Yet so unsure of the details during the time Summer disappeared.

15. SLouTh

SLouTh Well-Known Member

In the interview with Chris (Part 2) CBW did tell him that she was unable to recall if the basement door was locked or unlocked the day Summer went missing...... so potentially, a perpetrator could have just walked in to the basement....

Also if we look toward an abduction theory, 99% cases have a "link" from family to the abductor .... it may not be a direct link, but they have usually come across the child before...... and Summer could have gone willingly with them initially??

That link could easily be tradesman, a postie, a family acquaintance, etc. etc. trying not to put a label on anyone here.. just trying to explain the link theory and how common it is in child abductions...

JMO

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2021
  16. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Thread is closed now until morning.

Good Night everyone !!

17. Tiff23fr

Tiff23fr Verified Expert - Cultural & Behavioral Dynamics Staff Member Moderator

Good Morning Fellow Posters - The thread is now open.

18. SMK777

SMK777 Well-Known Member

I read that in CM’s latest The Interview Room he said that Robin Lane said they were told by TBI that the red truck had been found and ruled out, and that it’s being crossed off the missing posters. I watched and listened to some but not all of it, and will try and get the transcript.

But can anyone here who saw all of it confirm this?

misgrn, LietKynes, marylamby and 20 others like this.
  19. mooseandcoffee

mooseandcoffee Well-Known Member

(Edited by me to take out an extra quote that attached to the post)
    I thought she said that she got milk and cheese and some other things--she couldn't remember exactly what--when they went shopping. Mom got some stuff too. There were obviously bags of groceries, because H mentioned them too? Right?

I still believe that she was alive and well when they arrived home that afternoon, so some of these inconsistencies or questions seem insignificant to me. HOWEVER, I also understand what people are saying about how it can be difficult to trust the statements if they aren't consistent.

??????

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  20. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

So last night I was reading serial child killer Joseph Duncan's blog (totally normal) and he said that he would target vulnerable children playing alone. Sometimes he grabbed them impulsively, sometimes he saw them and then came back later to kidnap them.

Do we know where Summer would play away from home? I know they went to the swimming hole but anywhere else? Is there a playground near their home? Did the kids play on church grounds? I know Candus said in the IR interview that they stayed home a lot but they had to go out occasionally.

If this is a child predator, I think he had to see her somewhere and possibly followed them home one day. I still strongly don't believe that someone randomly came across their house given where it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.