AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #17

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by hollye, Jun 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

Love this. Same with my aunt and uncle. We loved to play at their home in the woods.

roche.analisa, misgrn, NoSI and 9 others like this.

2. Waitingforautumn

Waitingforautumn Former Member

I agree, I always thought of that portion of the time line as her answer too "what were you doing before she went missing?" We're wanting answers like an investigator and MSM is giving details geared to the general public.

LE should have gone over her story many, many times at the beginning. Memories become corrupt with time, so her memory is less reliable now. Based on the Boswell case earlier this year (where TBI was also involved) I believe they would arrest CB if her stories had any inconsistencies that reach the level of making a false statement.
    Just MOO

3. Love Never Fails

Good post!

4. Spartygirl

Spartygirl Verified Insider - Michael Vanzandt case

BBM
    But according to most people's opinions, this is EXACTLY what they do have--this is what most people think what happened to Summer-- abducted by a predator !!!

A child predator/abductor on the loose in the area, preying on young girls and snatching them right from their homes, very quickly, within minutes !!!
    It is a very Dangerous situation... a very Scary situation

I know LE has been pretty quiet and tight lipped, but have they or TBI/FBI issued any type of alert warning to the local and surrounding residents that there is a THREAT to the community ??

I may have missed it, if LE/TBI have stated this as I am having a hard time keeping up with all the different stories. :confused:

Heck, I have a hard time keeping up in here, in WS... these threads are moving so darn fast LOL

5. Waitingforautumn

You should also consider people that regularly hunt in that area both currently and in the past. I believe at least one of the adjoining properties is currently on a hunting lease. There are many families that have been there for generations. Of course, you also have to think of friends they brought on the property. The thing about untouched land like this is that it doesn't change very fast. Trails can last decades. I know trails on properties I haven't been on in 10 years.
    All MOO

6. AmyE

AmyE Well-Known Member

<modsnip>

DW is a victim that is suffering, and in my view has come close to a break down. He has shared his feelings and thoughts -that's his choice. I'm sure DW has spent time racking his brain to come up with anything that he may know that could be related to Summer disappearance, and would that not include JR? He <modsnip> has had a confrontation w/ DW in past. Wouldn't these things be relevant and even possible?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2021
  7. Tiff23fr

Tiff23fr Verified Expert - Cultural & Behavioral Dynamics Staff Member Moderator

Mod Note:

If you feel a post is in violation of TOS and should be removed please use the report link to the actual post rather than discussing it on thread. There are only a few of us volunteering our time here behind the curtain and we are not able to read every post in Summers thread. There are hundreds of active threads, and like many of you, we have families as well and are not online 24/7.

Thanks for understanding and have a great day everyone,
    Tiff

8. AmyE

AmyE Well-Known Member

Big difference in an announcement from TBI than what some ppl think happened on website.
    Big difference.

9. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

I think, but could easily be wrong, CB said she changed her into the dry clothes.

I would think she removed the wet bathing suit before putting on dry clothes or the bathing suit was dry at this point.

As a grammy, I keep an extra change for the grandkids, especially underwear and shorts. Never know when one, might not make it to the bathroom, spill a slushie, or throw up. We travel 40 to 60 minutes for shopping and entertainment, we can't just run home and change.

This in, moo, is just normal behavior for any mom traveling away from home, especially with a 6 yo.

MOO....

10. Waitingforautumn

You would think that, but to my understanding they never issued an "alert" in the Delphi case.
    Maybe they think given the terrain and such that this is an isolated incident? Perhaps either someone that knew the family or is very familiar with the property. I can assure you if I had small children in that area, I would be behaving as if an abductor is on the loose. Not doing so is foolish.

It might also have to do with child abductor psychology? Admittedly, this is something I am not at all well versed in. It seems that most do a "snatch and grab" but every once in awhile you come across one that keeps them captive. We have had youngish kids mysteriously disappear every 10 or so years in TN.
    All MOO

11. Love Never Fails

Actually I live in a very nice subdivision. Great neighbors, homes, etc. but we are also within five miles of the Ohio river. Ours is one of several small towns. The houses along the river predominantly have registered sex offenders living in them. This is everywhere USA.
    Someone told me that a few years back, and told me I could go to my county’s registry on line. You can do the same. Don’t be surprised at how many RSOs are in your neighborhood. It’s a huge problem.
    Local police and Sheriffs don’t want people to fear,
    I even listed addresses of where my grandkids live, some out of State, in very fine homes. They have RSOs on streets nearby. Watch your children closely is all I can say. But please do the research. MSM is not going to tell you.

12. Love Never Fails

TBI does not announce it.

roche.analisa likes this.
  13. Waitingforautumn

I don't have a source handy, but at the begiei remember learning they have 10 RSO in that area.
    Edit to add
    TBI Sex Offender Locator

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  14. Krwiley60

Krwiley60 Well-Known Member

i feel the same and wished they would have polygraphed her. If anyone has animosity towards CB, it would be her. I think she is insanely jealous of CB and H is lying for her. For whatever reason.
    JMO

15. MoeInVA

MoeInVA Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting this possible new development about the red truck for those of us who did not watch the full video.

16. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

It’s getting to be around the time that we need some official word here. Should people in the county be concerned about a predator? I’m not asking for persons of interest to be named. I just feel like time is passing by and Summer needs to remain the focus here, especially locally. If there is a possibility that there is someone out there outside the family’s inner circle, who could be responsible, the public should be made aware.

17. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

Hopefully not butting in, but this is a great post. Especially "watch your children carefully".

The registry is an excellent tool. However originally when it started I had neighbor mom's ready with pitchforks and pointing out specific houses to their little kids. Yep, the same mom's who sent them out to play all day long without even looking out the door until supper time.

You have predators who were not convicted. So they're not on a list. RSO's have cars. Out of your zip code. You have the sex offender who will hurt children, but hasn't yet. There's going to be a first. Oh and of course the ones for years abused kids and nobody told.

Thanks for letting me spill. The registry as I said is great, but can give a false sense of security. You expressed that though. Watch your children.

18. Allabouttrial

Allabouttrial Well-Known Member

CW stated twice that she changed her bathing suit, once by the lake with CM then the 2nd time in an interview with MSM (the one that's hidden behind a paywall for some!) I can't remember the name.

I suspect as Summer was wearing the new school outfit she would have been told to change into something else when they arrived home. It hasn't been mentioned but that would be the practical thing to do.

I'm really curious to see what, if any, clothing LE recovered. Dave from Equusearch said he was told that they couldn't get a good scent article from the home. Wouldn't the jacket have been a good article to use though especially as it was brand new?

19. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Yes, that's what I mean. Initially she included the details she felt were important. They planted flowers after they got home. Afterwards they went into grandma's trailer to wash their hands. Summer asked her grandma for a piece of candy. Then she asked if she could go play with her brothers so Canduce walked her to the house but didn't go inside. She told the boys to watch her, came back in 2 minutes and asked the boys where she was. They told her she had gone downstairs to play with her toys. She yelled for her, didn't hear an answer, went down to look, then went back upstairs and looked "everywhere." (I wondered at first why she didn't mention looking outside, but I guess "everywhere" would include that.)

That is what I remember from the beginning and since then she hasn't changed the story. I don't remember if she included the part about calling 911 herself or just calling Don.

Later more details were added, such as putting away the groceries, doing laundry, etc, but overall the description of events has been consistent. Adding things later like driving down the road in the truck, or saying it took more like five minutes to help her mom with her brace, is not what I'd consider changing the story or contradicting herself.

Those are just the relevant details of what happened at the scene in which Summer went missing. What they did from 8:00 am to about 2:30 pm is even more complicated. We don't yet know if any of that is connected to her disappearance. At least LE should be able to verify that timeline. What happened after that and at the home is more of a mystery.

IMO

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  20. BlueShoe

BlueShoe Well-Known Member

More confusion for poor me. If someone already commented, forgive me, I'm running out of time to get caught up this morning. So, Summer fell asleep, and then she gets cold, so wakes up? According to this, she falls asleep and then the clothes are changed. So that must be after dropping off H, because Summer is still awake then? The sequence of events changes so often here. No wonder there is no time-line for this case. MOO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.