AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #17

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by hollye, Jun 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

I'm going to be gone for a few days. You guys find Summer while I'm gone, okay?

2. Sorry, new here so I'm not sure if I've quoted right. I've seen much speculation on neurodiversity within the family but in no way does that have anything to do with IQ levels. I think everyone in this sad situation has a normal IQ but not everyone reacts as you'd expect, for reasons that I'll keep to myself but recognize in this family. But it is important for people to understand that learning disabilities can occur with neurodiversity, but are separate. People can get confused about this but they are 2 different things that sometimes can occur together, but certainly not most of the time. In my opinion. Thank you and hello all.

carbuff, LoveyG, Sn00ps and 42 others like this.
  3. Mountain_Kat

Mountain_Kat Heca, Firimar !

Welcome to WS. :)

4. Trackergd

Trackergd Verified SAR Manager and Tracker - Retired

As new details are learned, we tend to modify our leading scenario as to what happened to Summer. I am currently leaning towards abduction by one or more actors who are local and know the property or actors that have been on or stayed on the property and know the layout. I still feel that it would have been difficult for an abductor from out of the area to have walked in cold without any knowledge of the property layout and potential risk factors that could lead to their discovery during the act.

carbuff, dcfi224, BethSpirit and 43 others like this.
  5. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

It says she took her swimsuit off "after she got done playing in the water." She didn't fall asleep until much later. It doesn't say where she changed her but it probably doesn't matter.

6. Allabouttrial

Allabouttrial Well-Known Member

Welcome!

7. KyrahFoxx

KyrahFoxx Active Member

Luckily my condo is in the same spot as it ever was lol. The cemetary to me looks like an older one.

8. HelenM

HelenM Well-Known Member

RSBM

This this this all day long.
    Every single property within a few miles radius NEEDS to be searched thoroughly inside the home and outside, every square inch.

Until this has happened, we'll continue to scratch our heads and wonder.

Lilac0307, Occula, Woodberry and 16 others like this.
  9. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

I have to disagree. I know kids who wear their bathing suits every day during the summer. Bathing suits are general playwear nowadays.

carbuff, LoveyG, wallaby and 22 others like this.
  10. Trackergd

Trackergd Verified SAR Manager and Tracker - Retired

Welcome @KrikeyM8!

IHAVENOCLUE, MsBetsy, kimpage and 4 others like this.
  11. Cindizzi

Cindizzi Well-Known Member

Usually in missing person ( especially a child) cases we see a reporter ask if there is any threat to the community. I’m trying to find one of the press conferences on video to see if that’s happened in SM’s case. The closest thing I find is this quote:

During the Friday press conference on day three of the search for Summer, a TBI spokesperson said all avenues are under investigation in the disappearance of the 5-year-old and if they receive credible information to show the child was abducted, the media would be the first to know to help get the word out.

TBI investigating father’s claims that Summer Wells was kidnapped

12. Waitingforautumn

Waitingforautumn Former Member

Sounds like a whole lot of CYA IMO.
    It's a shame. I don't think Equusearch will be back now. I've heard good things, but it sounds like something went off the rails here.

13. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

Same with H. He's just 2 years older than the oldest Wells boy, and still a minor.

And Candus says that her sons are the last people known to have seen Summer.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  14. RANCH

RANCH Well-Known Member

At the minimum there was some serious communication problems happening. JMO.

15. AmyE

AmyE Well-Known Member

Could be that LE has asked CB not to discuss that part of her day, there could be many reasons for that

BethSpirit, LoveyG, RANCH and 10 others like this.
  16. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

I’ve heard authorities put it out there in a way that while it does not cause widespread panic, gets the word out. Along the lines of, be aware of your surroundings, always a good idea to lock doors and vehicles, and please notify local LE of any suspicious activity in your area. If you have any tips or information, please contact..,

17. Waitingforautumn

I agree.
    Unfortunately for tbi/FBI many of the locals are not going to be cooperative. They don't trust "the law" let alone "the feds." Several beech creek families were involved in a big drug bust about 10 years ago, <modsnip> According to CB, some haven't even agreed to have their property searched. If land owners out there are as certain as some SM that the family is involved, they have no reason to cooperate.

All MOO

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2021
  18. AmyE

AmyE Well-Known Member

Spot on! This looks more and more like someone with experience in the woods, and no someone from outside of this area just wouldn't randomly go to Ben Hill rd to grab a child. A person with knowledge of the area, even knowledge of home and yard would be a likely fit.
    Also, I've wondered if Summer may have been confused for her brother who is older and could possibly have more contacts to the world than Summer, by attending school already while Summer was just enrolled for this coming year.

BethSpirit, Woodberry, RANCH and 11 others like this.
  19. Waitingforautumn

That's a really good point. TBI may not want her to disclose certain things. We all know what would happen if she said "I can't talk about that." Everyone would immediately know that whatever was, it is of some significance. Saying "I don't keep track" is a much better move.

All MOO

carbuff, BethSpirit, zenzen and 13 others like this.
  20. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I don't think she's lying, and yes, what would be the reason? The bathing suit looks like a little sundress. It has a skirt. I can see why Summer might have wanted to wear it. Maybe it was new too.

What could possibly be nefarious about wearing a bathing suit if you don't plan on going swimming? Why does it matter when she got out of it? Her mom put dry clothes on her after she went swimming which makes more sense than sitting in the car in a wet bathing suit. That explains why Canduce was confused when CM asked her about the pillow. Maybe it was just kept in the car just in case. I used to keep towels in the car in case we ended up stopping for a swim somewhere and the kids didn't have a change of clothes. It's better than nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.