AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #17

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by hollye, Jun 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

When I was very little I loved wearing a black bathing suit I had because it reminded me of a gymnastics leotard and I'd pretend I was a gymnast. I'm glad social media wasn't around calling CPS because my mom let me wear a bathing suit with shorts as my summer outfit sometimes.

carbuff, BethSpirit, LoveyG and 41 others like this.

2. Waitingforautumn

Waitingforautumn Former Member

Property can also be bought on a land contract and not transferred until a later date. It functions kind of like a "lease to own." I know this is the case with some of the wells neighbors. You'll notice property registered to an llc listed nearby.

3. Jettson

Jettson Well-Known Member

That's possible. It does seem to me (in her interviews/statements) she has tried really hard to avoid pinning down any times that day. Even things that IMO she could easily ascertain. The only time she seems to be sure of is the 2 minutes.

4. AmyE

AmyE Well-Known Member

The cemetery is old and been there for years. It is across Beech Creek road from the family's property, their property runs along BCR, you have to turn onto Ben Hill road to get to their driveway.

5. AnnaGrace

AnnaGrace Well-Known Member

This is my first post on Summer's case but I've been here since the beginning. I'm in the undecided group. At one point, I moved to foul play...because, I thought anything besides her walking away would fall into that category. I think I still think that, but I'm also open to the other options. I think if it was an abduction, it was someone known to the family or at least familiar with the area surrounding the Well's home. For now, I'm still undecided.
    I'm so hoping for any kind of good lead that will lead to little Summer This has been a very sad case. Jmo

6. LietKynes

LietKynes Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update.

<modsnip>
    So we are back at square one.
    LE still don't know who last saw Summer and when she vanished.
    It's so sad and frustrating for the investigators.
    Hard to believe it's this far along and no updates from LE.
    Imo.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2021
  7. Allabouttrial

Allabouttrial Well-Known Member

Or 5 at a push.

8. LietKynes

LietKynes Well-Known Member

bbm
    LE have not indicated this was an abduction.
    It appears as though they think something else happened.
    CB keeps insisting on the two minute time window, so if someone known to them took Summer, it happened very quickly.
    And so we wait.
    MOO

9. pizzaman12

pizzaman12 Well-Known Member

I must be missing what is being stated. Where does it say "from their vehicles"?

10. Mountain_Kat

Mountain_Kat Heca, Firimar !

The thing is, it does matter to me. IF something happened to Summer while she was in CW's care, what she was wearing, how she came to be wearing what she was wearing, where her clothes are now...all of that matters. Especially after hearing that CW did laundry when she got home.

JMO

11. Waitingforautumn

This is an article from 2 days ago.

"The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation revealed it has surpassed 1,000 tips in the case — none of which have led to a solid lead.

The TBI continues to search for the driver of a red or maroon Toyota pickup truck, who the agency describes as a potential witness"
    Community member speaks up against social media rumors regarding Summer Wells case | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

12. Waitingforautumn

13. Allabouttrial

Allabouttrial Well-Known Member

That was in the original article and has since been disputed.

14. GoneGoldfishin'

GoneGoldfishin' Well-Known Member

I don't really understand why there is confusion about the bathing suit changing. If you follow along this article, here are the steps:
    1. Summer got done playing in the water.
    2. Summer fell asleep (This is where I make an assumption it was once she was put into the car, on the pillow, while the were driving to their next stop).
    3 Summer got cold (Of course she would, she is sleeping in a thin wet swimsuit)
    4. CW changes her clothes (where? again presumably the next stop, Walgreens most likely, but in the truck I would think).
    So in my mind, I have no questions about this part, no inconsistencies. Moo.

carbuff, Sn00ps, Occula and 12 others like this.
  15. AmyE

AmyE Well-Known Member

TBI still has the truck listed on their site in regards to Summer.
    Could this be the same unsubstantiated report that DW had shared with other church members? It seems nearly identical to that statement.

16. justaparent

justaparent Well-Known Member

About the truck. In a July 11 interview, Sheriff Lawson said:

“We’re still following up leads and still looking for the Toyota truck to see if there’s a potential witness there,” Lawson said. “The truck was seen in the Beech Creek area around the time Summer disappeared, and we’re just wondering if they saw anything. Somebody actually saw the vehicle, and that’s how we got the description, but we don’t have a tag number.

DW began saying they had found the truck before that interview date. It is possible they found “a” truck but did they find “the” truck? Or did the interviewer insert a statement taken from previous statements?

The last updates from TBI, the online updates, did not say they had found the truck.

Jmo

Sheriff Lawson: Summer Wells case 'nowhere even close to being cold'

17. Waitingforautumn

BBM
    Where have they indicated that? The last I heard (which was a while ago) was "everything is still on the table."

“Typically on an AMBER Alert and the ones that I’ve been involved in since I have been over this program, within a couple of days we have a tip or lead or have an idea if they’ve been abducted, if they maybe left into the woods,” Smither said. “Somebody saw something that leads up hopefully to get an answer to where the child went or if they were taken. We’re going to have some tip or lead. And that is the frustrating part for law enforcement in this case and the public.”

This sounds like they have no idea what happened. The reporter characterized it that way as well, so I'm not the only one with this interpretation.
    "In a video update posted by the agency on Tuesday, TBI Assistant Special Agent In Charge Shelly Smitherman said when a child goes missing, investigators typically have an idea as to how the child went missing. That is not the case with the Wells’ disappearance. "
    Perhaps there is a more recent statement I may have missed?
    TBI official calls lack of tips or leads in Summer Wells’ disappearance ‘frustrating’ | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

18. DeDee

DeDee Well-Known Member

<modsnip>

Whatever happened to the gray long sleeved jacket? Would it have been a good item for the K9s to use?

19. pizzaman12

pizzaman12 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    fcavanaugh, RANCH, SMK777 and 3 others like this.
  20. MariettaDaws

MariettaDaws Well-Known Member

I actually wasn't thinking of her. But I hope they've thoroughly vetted that house too. That jealousy is out of high school.

My 3yo is slightly taller and a little lighter than SW, who is 36 inches and 40 pounds. It's not a fun size to carry across a level parking lot when she's kicking up a fuss. when the steep paths away were illustrated, my heart sank. If there is a predator, they're more fit than the male I suspected.

I really hope this tree company hires its employees properly and this guy isn't trimming trees in another state while they look for a fake name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.