AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #17

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by hollye, Jun 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

The video was CB exact words. The RT was not a direct quote, in the article.

<modsnip>

Moo

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2021
    KyrahFoxx, MsBetsy and SMK777 like this.

2. Allabouttrial

Allabouttrial Well-Known Member

CW said Summer didn't fall asleep until after they left H's and was still asleep in the car when they arrived home. Did she wake up then change and go back to sleep?

3. Mountain_Kat

Mountain_Kat Heca, Firimar !

But according to CW, Summer didn't fall asleep until AFTER they left H's house. CW has never said one word about stopping anywhere AFTER they left H's. So when did this changing out of a wet swimsuit occur ? While she was operating a motor vehicle on the way home ? After she got home ?

It just doesn't make sense to me.

4. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

Last I knew, LE indicated that everything was on the table, including abduction.

In the CM video, Candus stated that she was away from Summer for 2—5 minutes. The point may be moot; an abductor can snatch a kid in seconds. It also sounds like Candus spent several minutes looking for Summer in the basement before venturing outside, so the abductor likely had a few extra minutes to get Summer out of sight.

5. justaparent

justaparent Well-Known Member

Confusing, basement exit:

When CM interviewed CW at the house she showed him the basement door and she said she looked outside the day of Summer’s disappearance because Summer often sat outside to the right of the door. They talked about a path to the swing — CM commented on a visible path in the grass and showed what appeared to be a path.

In the video on 7/28, CM said that she mentioned being unsure how Summer got out of the basement. That doesn’t jive with what she said on camera about Summer going outside to sit, or I assume to swing. Did CM misunderstand her, was it said off camera, or did I not hear her correctly?

6. LietKynes

LietKynes Greatness: transitory, never consistent.

Yes, I remember John Couey and the murder of Jessica Lunsford.
    If LE had searched the half-sister's trailer he lived in, Jessica would be alive today !
    She was at that time hidden by him in a closet.
    The fact that J.C. had a previous criminal record for child abuse should have factored into asking the judge to sign off on a SW.
    A person's criminal past can be very relevant to the current case.
    If they've harmed children , the chances are that they might reoffend are very high.

<modsnip>
    The search dogs may have indicated Summer left via vehicle.
    The fact that the local LE and the outside agencies that were brought in have found no trace of Summer nearby would indicate that she is not in the area.
    <modsnip>

DW had mentioned this in his interview in msm that SW's should be served for anyone unwilling to allow him to look at their homes and property, but that's not how LE work.
    At this time and unless other information is updated, I think that most people within that radius allowed LE to search their property.
    If a RSO who lived within a mile of the Well's took Summer, I think there'd be an arrest by now.
    My opinion is that whatever occurred, Summer is not close by.
    Imo.

carbuff, Shadow@light, TRB and 10 others like this.
  7. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

No threat was Dave from Midwestern Equu.

Not sure where his information came from, as he didn’t say. He did say he had not spoken to the family and was not a part of searching the Wells property.

Keep in mind they arrived days after the intitial search and worked under Coup.
    Moo

Tippy Lynn, nao, Sundog and 5 others like this.
  8. Krwiley60

Krwiley60 Well-Known Member

Although I believe CW is innocent, I found it very odd that she would not let CM look in the shed. She opened up her home and property to him but not the shed? And then she gets emotional because she thought CM thought she was lying? I don’t get that at all.

9. flashy09

flashy09 Well-Known Member

A few things that have come to my mind. Sorry for the randomness.

I would love to see security camera footage of CW driving around the holler searching for Summer. I am just thinking of how I search when my dog gets away. I get in the car, I drive slowly, I shout his name, I pull over sometimes, and then I turn around and drive just like that on the way back as well.

She says Summer doesn't wander and there is only so far she could get it in two minutes/ 5 yrs old so I would think very shortly her search would start to turn into looking for a kidnapper if she kept going all the way to the back of the holler (is this Ben Hill rd to the woods?) . Did any cars pass her (it'a dead end right?) Did she flag them down? Ask if they saw any cars pass them? Look where she could in the car? I know she says nobody was out.

Chris seems interested in the blue thing they have and says "oh wow" when she says trash doesn't get collected from it anymore. But that can't mean anything as it's still there after dogs and searches, right?

I think if she was abducted it was by someone known to the Wells that could have an excuse to be on the property if caught. I just can't fathom anyone on foot trying to grab her and run off in the middle of the day with people and the dogs around or get caught trying to lure her. In rural TN, that is how you get shot. That is an urban type of kidnapping where you can pull up 3 feet from the kid and dash away in your car. I think it someone with a built in excuse if caught. Someone that could say "hey,C, have you seen my dog? He ran up through here and I saw Summer swinging and she was helping me look! How are y'all doing?"

10. Chelly

Chelly Well-Known Member

Welcome to WebSleuths, @CrikeyM8. I am in agreement with your message. I hope you will continue to post on this thread.

nao, IHAVENOCLUE, AnnaGrace and 4 others like this.
  11. LietKynes

LietKynes Greatness: transitory, never consistent.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

If Summer fell and was injured or even died ... why hide her ?Just call an ambulance.
    I was also thinking if there was sadly an accidental death -- where is she ?

Shadow@light, NoSI, AnnaGrace and 4 others like this.
  12. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

I think she feared Don's reaction if he saw her letting CM into the shed, it was going to be on YT. But CM did not need to apologize, he's just looking for a little girl and couldn't understand the obfuscation. That's up to the Wells to explain why the shed was off limits.

13. IceIce9

IceIce9 Well-Known Member

Yes, because I thought it was odd. No sheets or pillowcase? Did they all share the same sheets and pillows? Wouldn’t she have had her own socks and underwear? A doll? Stuffed animals?

Shadow@light, mzhammy, k-mac and 10 others like this.
  14. TwoBlueJays

TwoBlueJays Well-Known Member

I heard CM say that LE has interviewed all area RSOs. I believe that was in last night's "DW Interview" show.

CarolAnn, gliving, fcavanaugh and 5 others like this.
  15. GoneGoldfishin'

GoneGoldfishin' Well-Known Member

I think that could be it, two different falling asleep times. When did the sonic stop happen? She had to be awake for her slushie. And she was watching tiktok with H. So she fell asleep after the swim out of exhaustion, woke up for some of the stops, then fell asleep on the ride home from dropping off H. That seems like a pretty normal pattern for a five year old. Moo.
    ETA: CW saying she fell asleep after H was dropped off was to refute A's assertion that she was asleep at A's house, not to account for the entirety of the day's events, imo.

16. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

Good thoughts!

flashy09 and SMK777 like this.
  17. athenna

athenna Well-Known Member

This is incorrect. At 22:40 in the video, CW clearly says he can look in the shed but it's a mess. He makes the decision not to look.

Lilac0307, LoveyG, Denniece and 28 others like this.
  18. justaparent

justaparent Well-Known Member

At 4:23 in Cw’s interview with CM at the pond she tells him she put Summer’s bathing suit on her before they left the house because it was hot.

19. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

You are right---at one point she said milk and cheese.

but at another point she said ' I was in the store 5 minutes--ran in and grabbed milk and ran out'....

So which is it?

sassyblue, Finlay, gliving and 7 others like this.
  20. Mama Cat

Mama Cat Active Member

Doesn’t she also say at some point that Summer gets cold easily, as an explanation about why the windows are rolled up…?

nao, angelainwi, fcavanaugh and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.