AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #17

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by hollye, Jun 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. escape2sc

escape2sc Lowcountry of South Carolina

The discrepancy between CW and H’s statements about when Summer changed into the bathing suit can easily be explained -
    CW - Summer left her house wearing her bathing suit under her clothes
    H - sees Summer arrive at his house in regular clothes but when leaving the house Summer is just wearing her bathing suit because she took the regular clothes off when H wasn’t around

2. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

Probable cause is needed for a warrant.

Not having probable cause for a warrant isn't the same as not having suspicions.

Incidentally, we wouldn't necessarily find out about a warrant for a search (or for someone's cell phone records, etc.).

3. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

It does matter what she was wearing when she went missing and where the clothes are now. But according to H, Summer was fine when they were driving around running errands. She was laughing and talking about Tiktok videos and acting normal. She didn't fall asleep until they got to his house or shortly afterwards. So changing out of wet clothes may not have anything to do with whatever happened later. I think we would need specific evidence that points to a reason why her clothes were changed. H said she was already wearing the pink outfit in the car, so I don't know what could have happened to the bathing suit in between that time that points to foul play. If anything, it would have happened later. LE may have asked to see the bathing suit, or anything else she was wearing that day and may have tested it for physical evidence. If she or anyone else becomes a suspect, then of course it will matter.

But just the fact that she was changed out of wet clothes after going swimming, or that they never planned on going swimming, or that she may not actually have been wearing a real bathing suit, is not evidence that a crime was committed. Imo

4. Allabouttrial

Allabouttrial Well-Known Member

CW put the bathing suit on that morning at their house, in her own words, because it was hot and the costume was thin. There were no other clothes because after swimming CW had to put on Summer's new clothes that had been previously bought for school that were still in the bag in G'mas truck. So just a swimming costume that looked like a dress.

Shadow@light, marylamby, TRB and 9 others like this.
  5. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

I don’t have any issue with kids in bathing suits, my kids wore bathing suits in the house in the dead of cold winters. Don’t sweat the small stuff. Car seats dry pretty quick too, except certain cloth seats.
    However, the tale of the bathing suit seems to keep changing. Summer had it on before she left the house, Summer changed in H’s house, Summer took off her wet suit, Summer was asleep in her suit.
    Couple of things-I do believe that there is either a photo of Summer in the exact suit, or a very similar one, on the new find summer wells website. It has a flouncy dress type bottom.

In my opinion, it is not the type of suit that would be comfortable under other clothing. It would be like wearing two dresses, or the flouncy skirt bottom would have to get tucked into shorts, or the shorts would be under the skirt part. Lots of clothes if you get hot. Afterward, if you put on shorts with the wet suit, you are either tucking in the wet skirt under shorts, or you have shorts under a wet skirt. Either way, weird.

6. Waitingforautumn

Waitingforautumn Former Member

Exactly. When was the last missing child case where we got a full tour of the house? Especially a house that most would be "embarrassed" about and which the family has already been heavily critized for on SM. I think the CB is trying really hard to be transparent, so people will focus on finding her daughter instead of what happened at the swimming hole or whatever the current hot topic is. It's a lose/lose for her at this point. Any variation of her story, any slight difference in her characterization of groceries or changing of the bathing suit is closely scrutinized. On the other hand, if she said the exact same time, people would think she saying "rehearsed" statements.
    I'll post this again, since it is very interesting information and quite relevant.
    “A memory is not simply an image produced by time traveling back to the original event -- it can be an image that is somewhat distorted because of the prior times you remembered it,” said Donna Bridge. “Your memory of an event can grow less precise even to the point of being totally false with each retrieval.”
    Your Memory is like the Telephone Game
    Lawson was asked at the beginning if the criminal history was of relevance and he said no.

carbuff, Occula, denise_109 and 18 others like this.
  7. SMK777

SMK777 Well-Known Member

Yes: “Early afternoon” by news standards is noon-3:00, before the planting of flowers, the candy, and the going into house to be watched by brothers.

8. montanasleuth

montanasleuth Member

Long time lurker, this is my first post. Please be kind . I don't think this is in any violation of rules.

In this google earth picture of the CB property, there is a property across the road which shows a red truck with what appears to be a white tool box and a white object in the bed. If this has been discussed and I missed it I apologize. I guess I am wondering if that truck may have been either:
    1. the truck referring to as a neighbors found without plates; or
    2. may have simply been a neighbor driving for normal purpose that was spotted.

Surely LE looked at these photos and has seen this. Of course, just because it appears on the satellite image doesn't mean it is routinely parked there or owned by the occupants of the house.

Just wondering if anyone else has discussed it previously and I missed it.

Attached Files:

9. Waitingforautumn

Right. It would be awesome if an attorney could talk about what would be needed to get a warrant to search a neighbors property.
    Them going "no" is not enough.

10. Allabouttrial

Allabouttrial Well-Known Member

I've been on the fence with this case from the beginning. I've swayed in both directions. I enjoy listening to everyone's opinions and theories but I don't feel this back on forth on whether CW is a good parent is helping move the discussion forward. CW has her flaws as a parent which is evident and there have been inconsistencies in her statements. Some of us discussing those flaws are not saying we think CW intentionally harmed Summer. I find myself consistently trying to disprove things that have been said which are being misquoted and it's exhausting. This post may or may not stay but I'm struggling to remain quiet so either way I've said it.

11. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

Checking in to see there's still no good news for Summer.

:(

SMK777, FlossyMay, AnnaGrace and 3 others like this.
  12. Mountain_Kat

Mountain_Kat Heca, Firimar !

I agree with you, Ms. Betsy. All I'm trying to do is to get a clear understanding from CW herself (not H) about what Summer was actually wearing, when she was changed, and what happened to the pink jacket and swimsuit.

13. IceIce9

IceIce9 Well-Known Member

Candus filed for an order of protection less than a year ago. Fear of your husband for yourself and your children and domestic violence doesn’t sound like a stable home environment to me.

But that’s just me; YMMV.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  14. justaparent

justaparent Well-Known Member

Hi montanasleuth. If anyone has talked about that I haven’t seen the discussion. Someone else will probably remember if it was discussed. It’s definitely interesting and hopefully that vehicle was checked out.

I haven’t used Google earth much for a couple of years and can’t remember if it is updated pretty regularly or not often, such as their street view maps.

15. CSIDreamer

CSIDreamer Well-Known Member

I noticed that on the interview room last night. JMO

16. 2.curious

2.curious Well-Known Member

From the very beginning I thought SW had on a little sundress at the swimming hole. That's what it looks like to me.
    In fact, the first time I saw the swimming video I thought to myself, "Oh, she's swimming in her dress".

So I agree with you @DeDee.

I live near the beach and also have a 6 year old granddaughter with a pool. I see many swimsuits.

Then again, it doesn't really matter what she wore swimming. Only what she had on when she came up missing.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    carbuff, marylamby, Gigi3 and 4 others like this.
  17. Waitingforautumn

I am aware. However, if Lawson determined it wasn't relevant, then that is good enough for me. It's one of the few things LE has given a solid answer on, I take this an indication they feel confident in that answer. They surely know more than we do.
    You can most certainly feel different, and there is nothing wrong with that. I just want anyone reading this thread to also know LE has specifically been asked about this and clearly said its not relevant. IMO, it's fruitless to engage in speculation over something LE has ruled out.

MOO

18. Waitingforautumn

Not to glib, but if LE failed to check the freezer, I don't think we have any hope of this case being solved.
    Not saying I think this is the case at all, just that IMO it's standard to check stuff like that.

MOO

LoveyG, Woodberry, Denniece and 14 others like this.
  19. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I thought she meant she changed her clothes after she went swimming. The first quote seems to be her acknowledging that Summer did fall asleep in the car because she was worn out and tired. The next few quotes refer to earlier when she went swimming and got wet and cold. She never says where she changed her clothes, but at the reservoir CM asked if she changed her clothes and she said yes, that Summer said she was cold so she put the pink outfit on her. H also said she had the outfit on because she gets cold with the window open. He didn't mention when she was changed into it either.

We don't know what the questions were when she was interviewed but they seem to be out of order. Imo

20. LietKynes

LietKynes Well-Known Member

Good post.
    I am wondering a few things : Summer was said to be missing in a pink shirt and grey pants.
    So, did she take off the jacket and matching pants before going missing ?
    It looked like a dark blue windbreaker-type jacket and matching pants.
    Did LE find these outer clothes ?

And I'm thinking that this outfit was something only Summer wore, so why couldn't CB and DW find something with only Summer's scent on it ?

The brothers would not have fit into Summer's clothes, and she must have had some other clothes/shoes that were specific to her only.
    If some of the family and possibly a brother or two slept in the basement room, than I could see sheets and pillowcases being mixed as far as scent.
    Imo.

Shadow@light, TRB, TKG and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.