AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #17

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by hollye, Jun 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hdo82

hdo82 Well-Known Member

"that day (the day she went missing)and a few days prior to that" per Candus interview 2 with Chris

2. BlueShoe

BlueShoe Well-Known Member

I don't think there was a predator waiting inside or that Summer was abducted from within the house. How would someone in the basement know that Summer would come down there? How would they know that Candus or even Don (when he returned) would not be coming down? Remember that their bedroom is down there. Also, the younger boy was sleeping in the same room that Summer was. What if he came first and Summer followed? What if all four children came down? There was no way to predict this, especially since CW returned from Grandma's trailer fairly soon. Makes not sense to me. No one except a total madman would be waiting down there not knowing who would be coming down. It also seems that the adults watch TV down there, which could have been happening that day also. If Summer was abducted, I think it would have to have been from outside. MOO

3. rainynights

rainynights Well-Known Member

From The Rogersville Review (subscribe or disable ad-blocker to view):

[...]

“She went from PAW Patrol to My Little Pony,” [CB] said. “Then Elsa in Frozen. And then went to those weird Dracula Barbie Dolls with the weird-colored hair and stuff. I think it’s Monster High dolls.”

[...]

“I dyed my hair and she wanted to have her hair dyed,” [CB] said. “I mean, what girl doesn’t want to be like her mama?”

[...]

“She just likes all kinds of stuff. She could actually sing the whole Frozen song. She likes Godzilla. Her daddy got her to liking that one,” [CB] said.

When asked if it was the Eminem version or the original by Blue Oyster Cult, [CB] said she wasn’t sure. “ I don’t listen to all that rock-n-roll stuff. I listen to pure country and oldies,” she said.

Although Summer appears extremely energetic in the numerous videos of her on social media, [CB] said Summer doesn’t rise with the sun.

“She usually likes to sleep in. I was trying to figure out how I was going to get her up to go to school. (The youngest son) does too. He’ll sleep until noon if you let him. I mean they all pretty much will. I think (the second-oldest son) is the only one who will get up early,” [CB] said.

[...]

At home, Summer is often seen in photos cuddling with the family’s pets, both cats and dogs.

“She calls that one ‘Yucky,’” [CB] said, pointing out one of the friendly dogs on the property. “It was my oldest son’s dog and he called it ‘Lucky.’ But she called it ‘Yucky.’ I don’t know why. She’s a very comical kid.”

[...] A woman who is friends with Grandmother [CH] recently tried to raise funds for the family with a [G-F-M] account.

“I told her I don’t care about no damn money,” [CB] said. “I don’t want anybody’s money. I just want my daughter back. That’s what I keep trying to tell all these people. I don’t need your money, your food and all that. We have all that we need. I just want my daughter back home. That’s all I want.

“People just want to keep giving. I don’t want your money. Keep it. I understand wanting to help and stuff, but I just want my daughter home. I don’t care about the money,” [CB] said.

[...]

4. Allabouttrial

Allabouttrial Well-Known Member

Me too! I think it's extremely important for the timeline and whereabouts of people that day.

5. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

No evidence to suggest an abduction, stranger or other type. The fact that details of the morning are remembered, the minor boy is corrected in all that he ever said and literally said to be lying by the last adult who saw Summer, but the afternoon seems to be undefined.

We just aren't seeing the timeline from 2:30 to 6:30. Why?

CM, re the timeline in the morning asked the mother "So that's how you remember it? Candus corrected him and said, very firmly, "That's the way it was".

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
  6. MrsWatson

MrsWatson Well-Known Member

Thanks for this article for those of us who aren't able to read it.

7. LookinInn2

LookinInn2 Well-Known Member

She can't remember, that doesn't mean she harmed her child.

<modsnip - no link to support opinion stated as fact>

It maybe too unbearable to talk about the little picture of details, traumatizing. At the Horse Pond with Chris she cried. She was consumed with worry "everyone" being against her. She maybe affraid of everyones response to the details.

I don't wear a watch, I don't remember to look at my phone for the time. If I am out and about and I need the time, if someone walking by or standing still looking at their cellphone, I ask for the time. So, if something happens between destinations to home and family wants to know what time I passed a specific location, I will say, I don't know or remember, or give a guestimation.

Unless, there is an appointment, time is not a concern. The botheration of keeping exact time when there is not alot going on is not everyones thing.

Chris is smart. He is gaining trust. When CW is comfortable, she remembers more. During the walk about with Chris she was detailed without stating exact minutes and seconds. Another reason that Chris is smart, was his observation of the front door being open while CW was distracted going back and forth with mamma, Candie.

Although it appears that Summer Moon did go down stairs at some point, she may have also gone to the kitchen where she first started playing with her toys. The perp may have asked her to open the door downstairs at that point. Her brothers hear her go downstairs or they hear the sculffle, or the dooring opening downstairs. Something confirmed to them that she was downstairs.

Could Summer Moon have had a secret with the perp, they were going to come back for her one day. Perp would take to Disney (a lie) to see her favorite toy figures, a trip together?

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2021
    Shadow@light, Chelly and Ozoner like this.
  8. ReadySet

ReadySet Well-Known Member

When posts mention a story about someone found dead in the bushes or a child died accidently, and those are sometimes posted to prove a point, I always want to run off and read about those stories. Because..well, you know. But without links I am having trouble finding those stories. Could posters add links please? Except for very well known cases like Jamie Closs, etc. of course.

9. scout35

scout35 Well-Known Member

Bump and bbm

10. LietKynes

LietKynes Well-Known Member

bbm
    Since CB mentioned that Summer went downstairs to play with her toys and that they also mentioned the door was unlocked -- it sounds very relevant, and imo LE may have thought so as well.
    Why did her parents mention the door being unlocked ?
    Was it normally locked ?
    DW thinks she was abducted.
    Fair enough.

But with CB, grandma, and three boys -- not to mention a plethora of dogs on the property -- no one heard this person ?
    CB said it was two minutes after Summer went into the house and CB says then Summer was (paraphrased), "...just gone".
    It makes it seem like a kidnapper --if there was one -- knew the layout of the home or was a frequent visitor.
    Anything else regarding an abduction strains credulity.

It might be reasons like this and others that LE updated last Monday (post # 810 for reference) to say the everything is still on the table.
    Somewhat depressing, but I think LE have much more information they're not revealing.
    MOO.

11. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

I'm 70% wandered off and 30% abducted.
    But I'm not remotely attached to those percentages and as I write them I even wonder if that's what I really believe..
    I think basement is moot but other kids could well have left that door open during the course of the day, so it's possible.
    Wild animal or abduction...
    Or abduction followed by murder because case went Amber and her photograph is everywhere...
    Has anybody looked up sightings maps of wild animals known to frequent that area at all?
    What wild animals are known to frequent the area is recent times?

12. renarde

renarde Well-Known Member

I'm really not sure, but I thought it was mentioned during Chris' interview with CW at the home. At some point, I think Chris also mentioned the tree trimmers had been interviewed by TBI?

That caught my attention because I wondered where the tree trimmers might've parked their work trucks, whether or not traffic cones might've been placed on that somewhat busy road to slow traffic down as the utility lines were being cleared... when they got there, what equipment they brought, how long they worked, what they might've seen, etc...

ETA: Candus mentions the work being done on the power lines right around the 8:00 minute mark. She states they were working there (on the property) the days prior and on the day Summer vanished: "... they were all the way up here to my light pole."

<moo>

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
  13. Hollypine

Hollypine Member

@Puzzles - Summer may have told the boys she was going to the basement to play with her toys, but I suggest they could not have witnessed her doing so.

She may have slipped out the front door, unseen by Gma and Candus who could have have been in the camper, or just not looking toward the house.

This is what I’ve been thinking also. It seems the front door is kept open so she could have simply went right back out unseen by her mom. The boys might have just thought she went downstairs since she was no longer in the upstairs rooms. I think that is certainly plausible.

Shadow@light, Chelly, Sundog and 7 others like this.
  14. 2.curious

2.curious Well-Known Member

The trees and brush were being trimmed several days before and the day she came up missing.

15. Allabouttrial

Wild animals were discussed several threads ago. So unless I go back I wouldn't be able to recall everything that was said.

16. Chelly

Chelly Well-Known Member

Bump

17. Willow Knight

Willow Knight Well-Known Member

Agree. Can we also add, wouldn't a dog hit on a deceased person?

athenna likes this.
  18. Mysti88c

Mysti88c Well-Known Member

What are the chances that the dogs bark all the time at people, other animals, the wind (like my dog) and the parents have learned to tune it out (like I do with my dog)? So, they don’t recall any barking

KaJo87, Lilac0307, e_eunhye and 14 others like this.
  19. CuriousCricket

CuriousCricket Well-Known Member

I would be at about your percentages except:

in wandered off -- unless she was then abducted -- there would have been activities by predators, including a skyful of vultures.

No one has reported any signs.

20. Allabouttrial

It's a valid point. In the interview though when CM came up the driveway the dogs all came out of the woods, so that could be more noteworthy.

fcavanaugh, Chelly, Mysti88c and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.