AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #18

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by hollye, Jun 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flashy09

flashy09 Well-Known Member

I think she uses the internet to make calls (FB messenger, WhatsApp,etc) and maybe they can't dial 911? I am not actually sure about that. But I remember reading grandma has AT &T.

2. Sundog

Sundog Well-Known Member

I wonder of J stayed in the trailer during this period when DW was in Utah and perhaps grandma was up north. And perhaps A stayed there as well. If the trailer was not being used by grandma, it could be overflow room for some of the temporary residents.
    Thanks, I had forgotten about the A interview, so at this point it is hearsay based on her conversation with CM on the Interview Room. She said that CPS would show up as a result of responding to someone's complaint against the family, and that CW wouldn't answer the door. But I don't recall seeing anything about CPS getting a court order to force CW to meet with them, by using LE on their visit. If there was something they were concerned about, I think they wouldn't hesitate to do this.

3. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

There are a ton of studies that show that 5 year olds (and even 7-8 year olds) will disobey rules about talking to strangers or going off with them. The strict establishment of the rule and frequent reminders seem to help, but even so, kids are easily lured with lost puppies and kittens, going to see a puppy in someone's car (it's just right over there...says the predator) and even by compliments.

Of course, in this case, a person could get very near the yard without being seen.

Not that I'm convinced it happened that way. The most common way a child might be coaxed to leave the yard would be if someone they knew showed up and asked them to show them the way to the creek or the road, obviously.

4. somequestions

somequestions Well-Known Member

That is a good point. I think it is hard to make sense of this case. Poverty is sometimes hard to discuss too. Maybe this has already been discussed, but I thought I noticed something in the pictures and video.

Summer Wells must have had some big feet for her age. Maybe it is just an optical illusion, but in some of the videos where she is wearing shoes, they look too big for her feet. Was she wearing shoes when she disappeared? If not, where are her shoes?

This case is unique for how isolated the location seems from where she disappeared. Hopefully someone can find Summer Wells.

5. SLouTh

SLouTh Well-Known Member

Yes... at the end of one of Chris' (TIR) videos he says he has been in touch with the local company, that was on the Wells property, and that they have been interviewed by LE .... (It was a brief mention)

6. 155etta

155etta Well-Known Member

I think it was the CM video where she says grandma's AT and T phone was the only one that could get 911 from their yard. How would she know that? Unless it had been used to call 911 before? Or she had tried to use her own phone to call 911 before? Maybe the DV incident? MOO.

7. Chelly

Chelly Always Remember Teghan Skiba

That entire scenario of Jose and his 14 visitors from NY has me so curious. Did I hear Candus right when she said grandma drove Jose back to NY because he got left behind at Candus' house and DW got angry thinking there was a romantic connection? I'd like to dig up that YT video again to review Candus' statements. Does anyone remember which video that was on?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
  8. Catmommy

Catmommy I see more than I say

9. 155etta

In the video with CM at the swimming hole, CW is also wearing huge flip flop type sandals. Maybe DW's? MOO.

10. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

I'm with you - of all the (apparently) known facts about this case, that is among the most disturbing to me.

11. SLouTh

SLouTh Well-Known Member

The Amber Alert states "she may be barefoot" , so possibly they don't know if she was wearing shoes?
    I guess its also possible that some shoes were 'hand me downs" from people in the church etc....

roche.analisa, TRB, Dre and 2 others like this.
  12. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

In 11 threads, I don't think there's been any MSM or other verification that CPS was scheduled to visit the Wells on June 15. There was, however, a report on June 20 quoting DW that the Department of Child Services (DCS) was helping the family cope:

Don Wells also told the news station that agents from the Department of Children’s Services have been helping the family cope with the stress and uncertainty, adding that Summer’s brothers are not doing well and have been fighting more at home.

“They’re kind of fighting more than usual,” said Wells. “They got into it first thing this morning, and the team come running up the hill, they heard screams, and so I’ve been trying to keep it down.”

Department of Child Services at family home of missing Summer Wells as brothers struggle with 5-year-old girl’s disappearance [VIDEO]

IMO, Tenn does not appear to be any different to other states where DCS/CPS mission emphasizes "Family Permanency Planning" (FPP) and providing ongoing family support services:

Family Support Services are provided to children and their families with the purpose of minimizing risk to children by addressing identified needs within the family, thereby enhancing well-being and permanency.

FSS is not only an immediate intervention to prevent a custodial episode, but it also provides a long-term intervention by helping families reach a level of self-efficacy and stability.

Family Support Services

ETA: IMO, the boys were removed from the home after the parents failed to comply with the "family plan" provided to them. It's not easy to remove children from their parents but non-compliance here would provide the reasonable cause required. MOO

13. 155etta

It's the one with CM at the house.

14. Allabouttrial

Allabouttrial Well-Known Member

Conversation about the visitors starts around 6.20.

roche.analisa, DeDee, Chelly and 3 others like this.
  15. Mountain_Kat

Mountain_Kat Heca, Firimar !

16. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

They know everyone that worked that and I'm sure have interviewed them.

17. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

The OP asked "If something happened at home, why would the parents call the police?" and I gave examples of 4 recent cases where that's exactly what the parent did. Because, contrary to common sense, parents/step-parents/adult guardians who kill their kids, somehow also seem to think they're smarter than the police.

Again, I'm not saying this is what happened here (and I don't think it did), and how long the missing children were actually missing before being reported doesn't even matter for the context of the question.

18. SLouTh

SLouTh Well-Known Member

BBM
    Yes agree, I couldn't understand this part either?? I figured that the US and Aus must be different.... as they would certainly get Police to assist here...

And yes it is all "hearsay"..... I find that with this case its difficult to distinguish rumor from fact, and that "rumors turn into facts" pretty quickly with the influence of SM etc ...

19. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

So it was North Carolina that Grandma took Jose (to some chick’s house)
    CW stated she didn’t know where in NC.

CW stated she just hung out with kids and her mother while A and J did whatever.

H did not have a vehicle. Wonder why he stayed.

roche.analisa, DeDee, Seenit and 5 others like this.
  20. Cindizzi

Cindizzi Well-Known Member

CW told CM that her Mother drove J to North Carolina to “ some chicks house”.
    Here is what she told a newspaper on July 18 about J being at her house last October:

In an interview with the Review on Sunday, July 18, Candus described events that led to the Oct. 14 arrest of Donald Wells.

“He went to Utah to visit his dad. Him and my older boy, Josey, went out there. He was working while he was out there so he would have some money,” said Candus, who said she had invited her friend from Kingsport, Ally, Ally’s three children, and Ally’s friend, Jose, to stay at her Ben Hill Road home while Don was in Utah.

Candus said eventually her friend grew angry when Jose said he was only interested in the women as platonic friends.

“Me and Ally had a falling out over the stupid Jose guy she brought up here,” Candus said. “And then she got mad at me because he said he only wants (platonic relationships). Donnie was coming home. All I told her was you and Jose and the kids, y’all need to go back to your house. It’s time for you all to go back home, you know what I’m saying?

“She said, ‘I can’t take him back to my house, my grandmother won’t approve.’ I said, ‘Well, you brought him out here.’

‘Well, I’m not taking (him),’ Candus said she responded. “I said, ‘So, you’re going to leave this man on my doorstep, knowing my husband is going to get mad?’

“She got mad about it and left him stranded out here. Then she wants to say I was all over him, but I’ve got all the photos of her being all over him. Not me.”

EquuSearch comes up empty; Candus & Don lash out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.