AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #18

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by hollye, Jun 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

Well, no phone on the galaxy will work without a battery. perhaps hers needed re-charging? She'd been out all day and busy since she returned, perhaps she never got time to charge it after her last call to her husband?
    Her mother was just a few yards away and her phone worked in any case, apparently.

2. RANCH

RANCH Well-Known Member

Makes sense to me. Thanks.

Sundog, athenna, kimpage and 4 others like this.
  3. Parks

Parks Well-Known Member

But CB said she used her Mom’s phone because she has ATT. She never said anything about a dead battery.

4. marylamby

marylamby Well-Known Member

While the calls were supposedly minutes or less apart, it's a possibility.

Mountain_Kat likes this.
  5. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

I was just asking to open up conversation about it. It seems like there are recent cases that go both ways.

Common sense would say to give yourself as much time as possible to cover-up your crime before you involve LE/other people!

6. flashy09

flashy09 Well-Known Member

WhatsApp is free (even international) texts and calls. It is internet based and you can not call 911. It is very popular.

WhatsApp Help Center - How to make a voice call

But then I googled this: 911.gov

All wireless phones, even those that are not subscribed to or supported by a specific carrier, can call 911. However, calls to 911 on phones without active service do not deliver the caller’s location to the 911 call center, and the call center cannot call these phones back to find out the caller’s location or the nature of the emergency. If disconnected, the 911 center has no way to call back the caller.

Shadow@light, zenzen, DeDee and 14 others like this.
  7. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

Well, we don't know every detail of what transpired or why.
    She called her husband, he placed a 911 call, is that correct?
    She possibly ran across to her mum's place and she placed another 911 call if I'm understanding this correctly.

DeDee, kimpage, AnnaGrace and 2 others like this.
  8. AgeofAquaruis

AgeofAquaruis Well-Known Member

I just love David Rader I hope he keeps up the search for Summer. I love his strategy. MOO

DeDee, Spartygirl, Turkeytrot and 7 others like this.
  9. Babylon Sister

Babylon Sister Well-Known Member

I'll try to dig up the specific reference (It's definitely been mentioned in several threads)- CBW indicated that CPS mandated they rearrange the mixed gender sleeping arrangement. The 6/15 reference was a hypothetical (not mine) reason why one would call 911 quickly, even if involved in the disappearance.

ETA- double quoting is beyond me...this was regarding confirmation of CPS involvement prior to 6/15.

10. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

WhatsApp is also end-to-end encrypted so a lot of people like it for lots of reasons. My clients love it.

Shadow@light, katydid23, NoSI and 7 others like this.
  11. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Interesting point.

12. gliving

gliving Woof

Do we know whose phone recorded the swimming video? The milk jug video is from Grandmother's phone. It could be the swimming video was also from Grandmother's phone.

We know Candus had a working phone in town because H deletes messages and videos from it. She's able to receive a call from DW while out. Once home she's able to call DW to tell him Summer is missing. But then she can't use the same phone to call 911? o_O Several links have been provided showing any phone, even phones without a sim card, can call 911.

13. Allabouttrial

Allabouttrial Well-Known Member

I think that maybe she was trying to diffuse the DV situation at home by giving a lift out of there.

14. FlossyMay

FlossyMay Well-Known Member

I thought a poster explained why CW would need to use her mom's phone to call 911 on another thread. I think it might have been @AmyE but I'm not sure. Just tagging her to find out.

Edited for clarity.

15. marylamby

marylamby Well-Known Member

I was going to say how back in the day when I had a 'star trek -like' flip phone (remember them?), even if you'd run out of minutes you could still call 911.

16. Knitty

Knitty Well-Known Member

Perhaps CW's phone provider does not have sufficient signal strength to allow her to make telephone calls, so she usually calls people using an app, or Wi-Fi calling, which is what I used when the cell tower nearest my home was damaged by a hurricane and I had no signal strength at all.

And perhaps CW was not aware that even if she couldn't make calls because of lack of signal strength, she could still call 911.

17. Parks

Parks Well-Known Member

You are correct in that we don’t have every detail. I would go as far as to say, we don’t have many details. Who has time for details when you are just trying to have fun? As far as the 911 call, she spoke to DW and he called 911. That we know.

18. Allabouttrial

Allabouttrial Well-Known Member

BBM

Are you sure it was recorded on Gma's phone? I got the impression CW passed her phone to Gma to get the picture of SW sleeping with her arms behind her head.

BHughes, DeDee, 2.curious and 4 others like this.
  19. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

Sorry if someone has already answered. From my recollection:

1. No mention of any smells, good or bad.
    2. The video of CM on the property begins with just "scenery..." Then CB emerges from the home as if they had not just been together. So, I assumed when they got there, she went in alone, and then went back outside, leaving the door open.

20. Chelly

Chelly Well-Known Member

What unusual predicaments this family gets themselves into.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.