AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #18

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by hollye, Jun 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rainynights

rainynights Well-Known Member

SBM for focus
    Here is a compilation of a few of CB's accounts, re: discovering Summer was missing.

July 27, 2021 (The Interview Room, Part 2)
    CB: "[...] And I said, 'Boys, where's your sister at?' 'Well, she just went downstairs, Mom, to play.' So I, I went over here like this–so this is where the stairs are–it's actually down under there (points to the opening to the staircase). […] And then I yelled and I said “Summer, Summer” and she didn’t–I listened for a minute, and I didn’t hear nothing. So I went like this–because this is how I always get down here (CB turns around with her back facing the opening of the stairs and lowers herself into the staircase)[…]” (link to video, starts at about 16:58; snipped and transcribed by me)

July 26, 2021 (The Interview Room, Part 1)
    “[...] I walked around because that’s where the steps are hidden up underneath there and I said “Summer” and she didn’t answer me and I said “Summer, are you down there?” and she didn’t answer me. So I ran down the stairs pretty much, I was freaking out, I was like why is she not answering me? And I looked every, I just went, I blew up, I went everywhere looking for her cause I couldn't find her nowhere [...]” (link to video, starts at about 25:15; transcribed by me)

July 19, 2021 (The Rogersville Review)
    “[...] When I got done, I come back in. I asked the boys, ‘Where’s your sister?’ They said, ‘She went downstairs to play with her toys, Mom.’ I said okay and I went and I hollered down the steps. I always holler for them down there. And she didn’t holler back. I said, ‘Are you sure she’s down there?’ They said, ‘Yeah, she just went down there.’

“So, I went down there and I searched. I looked everywhere I could. Then I went through the house and I kept calling for her, yelling for her, everything. I came out here (outside) yelling for her, everything else, and she was nowhere. So, I called [DW] because I was freaking out,” [CB] said. (link)

June 28, 2021 (WJHL)
    “[...] And within 2 minutes I came back. And I asked the boys where their sister was and they said, ’She went downstairs, Mom, to play with her toys in the playroom.’ And I said, ‘Okay.’ And I yelled downstairs for her a couple times, and I didn’t get no answer, which is unusual because usually she always answers me. So I went down to check, and she was nowhere in sight.” (link to video) *transcribed by me* / (link) *article*

2. RANCH

RANCH Well-Known Member

The OP had this statement which is very important to understanding what she is trying to convey.
    I used the case you brought up that bolster's Alethea's thoughts. Another interesting thing I noticed is that none of the examples you provide had the child's mother involved. There was one step mother and two girlfriends of the father. JMO.

AMBER ALERT - TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #18

3. TxLady2

TxLady2 Well-Known Member

I don't see a much difference in these statements. Some may have a little different wording, small details added or left out, but basically it's pretty much the same account.

KaJo87, Kittybunny, BetzC and 20 others like this.
  4. AmyE

AmyE Well-Known Member

Why would it be odd if that phone was of zero use in that holler?
    You don't believe her wifi reaches to end of road, the end of the holler, right?
    So why go back and get a phone that won't work?

KaJo87, LoveyG, AbbeyBabbey and 9 others like this.
  5. Spartygirl

Spartygirl Verified Insider - Michael Vanzandt case

This is exactly what I thought also.
    That would explain not being able to call 911, IMO

MsBetsy, athenna, Turkeytrot and 3 others like this.
  6. Finlay

Finlay Former Member

Just to clarify: I thought she used CH's truck to look for SW. But she said she threw her phone in *his* truck (and we've heard that DW tool her Subaru to work that day so that much seems to be verified). So she may not have pulled into the yard in the truck the phone was in. *IF* I recall all of that correctly. Sorry if that seems to be picking nits. It's a small difference in detail but I wanted to make sure I was on the right page with the details here.

7. flashy09

flashy09 Well-Known Member

I guess I am just wondering if she intentionally left her phone and intentionally took the oldest vehicle. But it sounds like wi -fi reception and GPS tracking are not available in the holler anyway, which I keep forgetting.

Although....I wonder if she was certain about that.

8. flashy09

Yes I guess I keep forgetting that. I still would probably want it in case I needed to take a picture of a license plate or something.

9. Chelly

Chelly Well-Known Member

1) We don't know if there was road work taking place that day between 3:30 - 5:30 p.m

2) I am trying to figure out how anyone could swoop in and out of that property. The house is set way up upon a hill in a thick, woody area quite a distance off the main road. The side of the 11-acre property is steep down to the road. Climbing up it would be difficult and then there are the dogs on patrol. There is a long, rutted dirt "driveway" up to the house. You need a 4X4 to drive up it. I wonder how someone could swoop in and out. The dogs congregate around the house.

If there was noisy machinery down on the main road, it would have been some distance away and would not block out the racket those dogs make.
    I know I spend way too much time pondering theories.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
  10. AmyE

AmyE Well-Known Member

Maybe she still had her moms in her hand or was likely on phone with 911, dispatchers here try to keep ppl on phone while cops in route

11. AmyE

AmyE Well-Known Member

I would say she has no idea about GPS and how it works, but she likely knew her phone couldn't get tower signal in holler

12. BHughes

BHughes Well-Known Member

"All wireless phones, even those that are not subscribed to or supported by a specific carrier, can call 911. However, calls to 911 on phones without active service do not deliver the caller’s location to the 911 call center, and the call center cannot call these phones back to find out the caller’s location or the nature of the emergency. If disconnected, the 911 center has no way to call back the caller.

These uninitialized phones are often used to place malicious or fake calls to 911 call centers. These calls are a burden on the 911 system because 911 call centers are required to find out whether or not an emergency truly exists.

Oftentimes, parents provide these uninitialized wireless phones as toys to young children, unaware that if the child dials 911, a live call will be connected with the local 911 call center. It is recommended that parents remove the phone’s battery before giving these phones to children."
    911.gov

ETA: Even if you are on Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi calling is available on most phones. IMO

Shadow@light, CarolAnn, DeDee and 5 others like this.
  13. Unalienable Rights

Unalienable Rights Well-Known Member

The difference is that SW was immediately reported missing. There was a very narrow time frame. Samuel Olson was dead for more than 2 weeks before he was reported missing. If I remember correctly, Lucas Hernandez was also not immediately reported missing.

14. Finlay

Finlay Former Member

I can understand that but we have to remember that this is someone who has had a ringside seat in a previous missing person's case. I'm sure she's well aware of what tactics LE use to attempt to locate someone.

charminglane, DeDee, abr and 18 others like this.
  15. ReadySet

ReadySet Well-Known Member

I looked at your link from yesterday, and some other articles too, and could find nothing about the man convicted for Marcia's murder being a tree trimmer. ?

16. flashy09

I am sorry for not researching myself. The cases that were reported later - was there a spouse and siblings or other relatives that lived with the person responsible?

Croyante likes this.
  17. ivegotcha

ivegotcha Well-Known Member

not certain,

18. Unalienable Rights

Unalienable Rights Well-Known Member

I wouldn't think that SW would be snatched by a whole crew of trimmers. If her disappearance had anything to do with the trimmers, I imagine that one trimmer would have noticed her and gone back to the location after their work day was over. I wonder how late they work. In my area of CA, they usually work from about 8 - 4, but all areas are different.

renarde, DeDee, kimpage and 5 others like this.
  19. CSIDreamer

CSIDreamer Well-Known Member

So you're saying she knows all the ins and outs here? JMO

20. Mountain_Kat

Mountain_Kat Heca, Firimar !

Except that we don't really know what time she actually went missing. If LE is giving us the last time she was seen as being "early afternoon" , <modsnip> that leads me to believe that they aren't inclined to find the family timeline to be all that reliable.

Summer could have gone missing anywhere from 2:30 (after dropping off H) to 6:30 when the 911 call was made. That's 4 hours.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2021
    sallye818, MrsWatson, DeDee and 15 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.