AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #18

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by hollye, Jun 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Parks

Parks Well-Known Member

I don’t think anyone is suggesting that she knows “all the ins and outs” but it is true that her sister went missing and therefore she would be privy to information regarding the process of a missing person that the majority of the population would not be privy to.

2. AmyE

AmyE Well-Known Member

No, Candus was in AR when RB went missing. Also, technology has come a long way since then.

3. Krwiley60

Krwiley60 Well-Known Member

What type of abduction could it be other than a stranger or someone familiar with the house and property? There’s a 50% chance it’s one or the other. So CM isn’t really telling us anything we don’t know.

MyJoey, MsBetsy and marylamby like this.
  4. Finlay

Finlay Former Member

I'm really not trying to imply anything extra here but I would think (MOO obviously) that she has likely heard LEOs detail results of a previous investigation. So that could have given her more knowledge and insights about the process that others might have. And even if she did not have any inside info about the precious investigation, I'm sure she and her family have spent many sleepless nights laying awake pondering what could have happened to her sister and why LE hadn't been able to find her yet. I'm sure this is an incredible nightmare for them all. (Not that it wouldn't be for anyone, but to be going thru it for a second time must be even more devastating. )

Blue Amethyst, Parks, MsBetsy and 8 others like this.
  5. Finlay

Finlay Former Member

I hadn't realized that. I'll have to step back and see if I can find a thread on RB - unless you maybe have a link to it or to other info on it? Tech definitely has developed since then. I would still think that the entire family had spent time discussing details of the case at that time, regardless of their physical location but I could be wrong there.

charminglane, Parks, PNW and 2 others like this.
  6. AlyssaAngel

AlyssaAngel Active Member

Any inside info would be second hand. She wasn’t living in the same state when her sister went missing. LE response to a missing adult is also not going to be completely similar to a missing 5 year old. Add to that over a decade of changes in LE procedures, technology, etc.

7. Abstar80

Abstar80 Well-Known Member

There was a story in our local newspaper about a 5 year old who left kindy at lunch time and walked 2kms home. Fortunately, nothing happened to him on the way home, but it just goes to show that people do all kinds of things you wouldn't expect them to do.

In one of the interviews with Don, when he says she would never leave the yard, his son standing there pulls a face like, "you sure about that?"
    I am willing to bet the Wells kids aren't heavily supervised when they are outside, like most kids on rural properties. There is a different sense of monitoring. We live rural and my girls know when I am home they can roam the house yard, which is quite large, but when dad is home they can roam further because dad is far more equipped to deal with anything that may occur outside the fence line and he is often outside when they are.

8. rainynights

rainynights Well-Known Member

True, we really don't know. From that presser:

TBI Leslie: “[…] We know that her family reported her missing. They called the sheriff’s office around 6:30. Prior to that, it was early afternoon when she was last seen. And they searched for a little bit and they reported her missing.”

Reporter: “How many hours would you say?”

TBI Leslie: “I don’t have that information.”​

Also per TBI:

[...] “We know that she was supposedly with family members outside of her home, was seen going into the home… when her mother went to check on her, she was not in the house.”

[...] “I understand the lack of answers frustrates you and the public. But trust me, no one is more frustrated than we are. If we develop information that will lead to locating Summer, we will share that with you first thing, first and foremost.​

No new leads in Summer Wells case as of Thursday afternoon

9. RANCH

RANCH Well-Known Member

Sometimes we don't know what kind of tactics LE uses in a case until there's a trial. If there even is a trial. In this case LE hasn't said much.
    Investigators ‘can’t discuss everything’ in ongoing search for missing Summer Wells | WATE 6 On Your Side

AbbeyBabbey, SLouTh, Sundog and 4 others like this.
  10. FlossyMay

FlossyMay Well-Known Member

"Supposedly"

Is that a common thing for LE to say?

PhoneJockey, Parks, SLouTh and 12 others like this.
  11. Mountain_Kat

Mountain_Kat Heca, Firimar !

12. AmyE

AmyE Well-Known Member

No, Candus was in AR when RB went missing. Also, technology has come a long way since then.
    check the fb group for RB missing, also CB was asked in interview about RB and said she was in AR then and didn't know much about it really.

AbbeyBabbey, kimpage and kittythehare like this.
  13. AmyE

AmyE Well-Known Member

14. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

Exactly who is in charge of the investigation?

athenna, mainemom376 and Turkeytrot like this.
  15. Abstar80

Abstar80 Well-Known Member

Respectfully snipped and bolded by me.

11 acres?! I thought they were on a hundred acre lot or something. I live on 10 acres. My kids wandered to the front gate once without telling me and it was a putrid feeling when they weren't where I saw them last. They were fast to get there and made minimal noise on their way. However, in the space of 10 minutes of me seeing them, noticing they were not there anymore, and searching for them I reckon I covered about 8 acres. Our property is rocky, full of trees that all seem to blend into each other and full of kangaroos.
    I hate nature but ran through all of it to find the girls.
    I was amazed at how quickly they got to the gate. They copped a very big verbal serve on how they shouldn't have gone up there after I caught my breath and stopped crying!

16. Finlay

Finlay Former Member

I'm trying to trace back thru this conversation so help me out if I've got this wrong. Wasn't the original point that someone was trying to make that it would not be wise to report a person missing right away, but rather that it would be better to delay reporting their death/disappearance so that they had time to cover up whatever had happened? (Honest question there. I'm really not sure I've followed all of the posts. ) *IF* that is true, shouldn't this case of SO being reported missing after having waited an entire 2 weeks be an example of how well that works?

LietKynes and Allabouttrial like this.
  17. CuriousCricket

CuriousCricket Well-Known Member

I recall that when LE took CW's phone, she went immediately and got an AT&T phone.

Also, I use MagicJack, which uses the internet and is extremely inexpensive as an extra phone. I've just checked and I do not currently have 911 service, but can purchase it for an additional fairly small fee.

MagicJack is not my main phone, but it's useful to have more than just my cell phone. However, if the Internet is down, so is phone service.

kimpage, flashy09, 2.curious and 2 others like this.
  18. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

Profiling Evil has a new episode about Summer and her family. I suspect most of this will not be up for discussion but in case anyone wants to watch. I haven't watched yet:

19. Cardinal47

Cardinal47 Well-Known Member

I’d like to see that tape and watch the sons reaction. Do you happen to have a link!
    I’ve watched several tapes but non with dad. Thank you.

MariettaDaws and LietKynes like this.
  20. Tealgrove

Tealgrove #Where Is Summer? #Gannon Is My Hero

I think CW called DW by using a VOIP type app using internet which requires known contact within the app. 911 would not be a known contact.

Cell SERVICE is NOT good in the home area so even though every phone is capable of calling 911 you still need to connect to some cell service to make that call. It’s possible that CW could not contact 911 due to a lack of cell coverage in her area.

I may be wrong but I think I’m on the right track.

MOO

KaJo87, TRB, AnnaGrace and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.