AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #18

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by hollye, Jun 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoeInVA

MoeInVA Well-Known Member

The question I was raising was definitely broader than Carnies. Because I see the same questions pop up in all sorts of poverty situations - including urban which is definitely not carnie.

that said - oof do I have my own personal websleuths worthy family drama? and oof did the parents meet as Carnies? Yes I do. Yes they did.

my anecdote for anecdotal purposes only.

As some of you who followed other cases with me know, I had a WS worthy case in my own extended family. So I have lived it firsthand. Even with my own family members I had to question everything. It is extremely difficult and often not clear cut.

In my family experience, the order of CPS concerns started relatively minor but escalated quickly over a couple months. is it a slippery slope or comorbidity or is mine just an anecdote? Idk. But I’d say, if in doubt, report to CPS.

My family’s case was:
    1) teens/tweens smoking pot reported to CPS
    2) upon inspection, house a mess, unsafe wiring, pet feces abounds, no sheets on beds, no drywall at places etc etc (still not removed, plan put in place)
    3) years of horrible child abuse comes out (kids removed, parents charged)

and yes the parents met as Carnies. Eek.

2. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I don't think 14 people stayed in the home. Apparently it was just Allie and J. Then Allie left and J stayed but I don't think we know for how long. Imo

3. wallaby

wallaby Active Member

Can anyone please give a quick recap if possible of who in the family is connected to carnivals, and how they are connected to them? The link is not readable outside the US. Thanks so much.

4. Mountain_Kat

Mountain_Kat Heca, Firimar !

Night folks.

Night, ((((Summer)))). Wherever you are.

Fidobell, NoSI, sallye818 and 15 others like this.
  5. MariettaDaws

MariettaDaws Well-Known Member

I am so sorry your relatives went through that. It's awful and I hope the kids break the cycle.

Teche, sallye818, DeDee and 2 others like this.
  6. Allabouttrial

Allabouttrial Well-Known Member

Why would she be frantic in that moment though? Summers not in the basement so she must have gone outside like she does sometimes. She can't be far because I've only been gone for a few minutes. Go out the door oh she's not playing with her toys by the door, maybe she's on her swing. Not there. It's at this point that I start to panic a little.

7. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

Thanks again Amy.
    That's what I'd surmised from the information you kindly provided repeatedly.
    (My cell phone will say emergency calls only but has no bars indicating level of service so I know it's lying to me.)
    Life in the backwoods is rich in so many ways but utterly frustrating in others when even the most basic functional gadgets necessary for a safe and productive life are unavailable.

8. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

I guess. It’s another one of those things like watching tv or laundry that sort of gets mentioned, but also left out. We don’t know if Candus had a phone on her when she left in her mother’s truck, if her Mom even had her phone or if Candus had it, who had the other walkie-talkie, if Candus left her phone in the back of Don’s truck.

Did the flower planting come after the groceries-I don’t think so, since putting groceries away doesn’t take hours. All I am saying is that when Candus tells the story, what she says sounds like it took less than 30 minutes. But they were home for a couple of hours. If she had said they came home, did groceries, then went about their day, doing laundry, watched a little tv, etc. Then Candus walked out and saw Mom saying she needed to transplant the flowers-okay, I would understand. But she has never told the story that way. She consistently tells a story of groceries, flowers, hand washing, candy,walking Summer back, knee brace, Summer is gone.

9. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

I am not sure that they would.

Grandma had just gone to pick up her pain meds for her knee. And she had been out and about since 8 am. So I think she might have taken pain pill and laid down for awhile.

The boys were glued to their video games. I am not sure they would have noticed if Mom drove away for a bit. They were probably used to it. They had been home alone all day already.

I am not thinking there was an actual killing. I am just wondering if there was an accidental incident, which was quiet. A hot car, an OD, ---something that took place away from the other family members?

Croyante, sallye818, abr and 13 others like this.
  10. kittythehare

A mother's instinct?
    She had just walked across from the grandmother's place so she would have seen she was not outside en-route I'd imagine.
    She would also have been aware of the tree cutter's presence and the dangers that could present for a young child.

11. MoeInVA

I hope so too! The cycle is a ridiculously strong force, but the kids are so great so I am hopeful. I just saw them this month and I love them so much.

sallye818, abr, FlossyMay and 5 others like this.
  12. MsBetsy

I couldn't read it either but this is the first I've heard that they knew people who worked in carnivals. Can someone summarize the article?

wallaby likes this.
  13. MsBetsy

She said it was very unusual for Summer not to answer when she yelled for her. When she went downstairs and could not find her anywhere, that's probably when she started to panic.

14. MoeInVA

Chelly, DeDee, Cindizzi and 1 other person like this.
  15. AmyE

AmyE Well-Known Member

They could have changed churches easily, changed to home school or just told school she was going to WI with family, or Utah
    Do we know for sure Grandma picked up pain meds? Has this been verified, and has the exact med been named?
    I ask because my bf was given Ibuprofen 800mg for fractures in both bones in wrist last month. Big difference between prescription Ibuprofen and Morphine, or even hydrocodone.
    It's just as likely that grandma was given an anti inflammatory for her knee as a narcotic. Possibly even a steroid.
    That's why I ask if this has been verified.

LavenderLotus, Dre, LoveyG and 12 others like this.
  16. ivegotcha

ivegotcha Well-Known Member

Would there not be 2 pillows, as H went in also. ...

jellybean96 and hdo82 like this.
  17. kittythehare

Geoblocked.
    I'm not sure what carnivals mean to other people?
    I'm in Europe, here they are considered a novelty visiting attraction type thing.. not sure if we still have them tho'

18. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

It seems like a given that she would go out that door regularly, otherwise her path to the swing wouldn't start there.

It's highly likely that she was abducted from the yard, not from inside the house, but she may have been lured out of the house if someone beckoned to her.

The abductor could have used force, but I think it's more likely that Summer was lured away from the house. This wasn't a random, impulsive abduction from a public place: Summer must have been targeted, and some planning must have gone into the crime.

19. potatoes13

potatoes13 Well-Known Member

So basically we know nothing. She was last seen in the early afternoon of June 15th. Nothing official since then.

Barnabas, abr, Blue Amethyst and 13 others like this.
  20. Allabouttrial

Allabouttrial Well-Known Member

But if she didn't go outside where is she? Also, you can't see the basement door from gmas.

If she was concerned about the tree cutters why were the boys left alone for half the day?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.