AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #18

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by hollye, Jun 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiff23fr

Tiff23fr Verified Expert - Cultural & Behavioral Dynamics Staff Member Moderator

Good Morning. The thread is now open.

kimpage, renarde, CocoChanel and 12 others like this.

2. justaparent

justaparent Well-Known Member

<modnsip - quoted post removed>
    From CW’s interview at the house it was my understanding that the tree cutting was done by the power company and not something requested by the Wells. You don’t make appointments for that, they just come and cut, likely working throughout the area.

ETA: They were no doubt cutting to protect powerlines. We see it all the time, the power company is constantly working because we are susceptible to falling trees.

jmo

3. Barry

Barry Registered Fence Sitter

BBM: This is a sticking point in any thought/theories I have. As far as I know, there's been no LE confirmation of this. A key piece that is missing, MOO.

4. skibaboo

skibaboo Mrs Map

Regarding the Red Toyota Tacoma. The only person that said it had been found was DD correct? That DW had told him it had been found out of state with the plates missing, the the VIN came back to a neighbour.

The TBI are still pursuing the truck and it's witness, correct?

Wondering why CM didn't bring the red truck up in his interviews.

EDIT can't spell Toyota even though I drive one :rolleyes::oops:

5. IronyDetective

IronyDetective Well-Known Member

I apologise in advance if this has already been discussed but after trying to catch up, skipping a page here and there I haven’t seen any mention yet.
    In the CW house interview with CM when he walks towards CH’s trailer home and focuses the camera on the trees, it looks like a sheer drop beyond? It actually gave me vertigo. OR IS IT a small decline covered with a thick layer of fallen leaves that one could shimmy-slide down on their bottom? I’m trying to get my head around all the possibilities of where / how a 5 year old girl is going to potter to. Personally I would have followed a dog anywhere at that age (and today!) If it is a tremendous drop beyond surely it should be fenced?
    JMO IMO
    Praying for Summer and the Family, hoping for her return every day :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2021
  6. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

Does anyone know the status of the gma that left, and if she is returning? Unless her reason was urgent, I’m surprised she left, or that LE let her given all the open questions remaining.

amateur opinion and speculation

PaulaDC, sallye818, Dre and 4 others like this.
  7. Snow_In _June

Snow_In _June Well-Known Member

The boys said Summer went to play with her toys. Well, here I go again if the toys were in the basement and access to the basement was in front of the boys whilst they were glued to tv. The last time they actually saw her was in the kitchen disappearing behind the bar area. No One saw her in the basement. It was assumed that is where she had disappeared from. IMPO I am not so sure

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
  8. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

I feel like CW shifted the blame to the boys. She had her eyes on Summer constantly according to her, all the way until she walked Summer over to the house. She then states that she handed off the responsibility to the boys, telling them to watch Summer. So she did her job, but the boys didn’t do theirs. Summer was not in her care when she disappeared. Her word against the boys.

9. CuriousCricket

CuriousCricket Well-Known Member

I see never reporting it. With their backgrounds, DW and CBW must have known the scrutiny and flak they would take. Instead, they could have moved to Utah (or anywhere). It was known DW had wanted to relocate for better pay. Eventually they sell the Hawkins County place. In a new place, no one would ever know the family once had a daughter. If the boys mentioned her, the parents could discuss her demise, sadly, and how the boys can't get over it. Nothing on paper. Most people never bother to check out what a new neighbor tells them. . . .

Sn00ps, LeeAnnB, mrsselig and 11 others like this.
  10. mooseandcoffee

mooseandcoffee Well-Known Member

It seems that if something happened in the house--accident or otherwise--that it would be extremely difficult to clean it sufficiently that LE and/or dogs couldn't detect it. There was stuff everywhere, meaning that it wouldn't be as easy as spraying some bleach on the tile floor to clean up.

As always, I'm assuming that LE knows much more than we do and have at least ruled some scenarios out (despite what they are saying).

11. CuriousCricket

I think we are all considering all possibilities. And that's not too far out in left field. Unfortunately, I suspect her aunt was murdered by the same person who killed another woman from nearby. LE says no. However, in my opinion, the two women have similar looks and their stories are very similar. Both went to a bar (Rose Bly isn't recorded as having made it to a bar, but told husband she was on her way to a bar to meet a cousin with whom she did NOT have plans); both cars were found parked in locations the women would likely have deemed safe. Rose's husband divorced her within 3 weeks -- suggesting to me that he thought she had run away with another man.

Summer's disappearance is so totally different, it's difficult to imagine they are the same.

However, revenge has gone through my mind numerous times as well.

12. rosesfromangels

I subscribe to your thinking. That is not forgiving terrain. Regardless of how many times the immediate vicinity has been searched, it needs to be searched again. With drop cameras.

IMO.

13. CuriousCricket

Playing Devil's Advocate here: To make story more believable? If you know someone will be terribly upset and you wish to deflect blame, calling to report child missing is a brilliant idea (to my mind). You seem as upset and bewildered as other person.

BTW, I don't think either parent was involved in the disappearance.

14. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

I do think she’s there.

Pyrite, NoClouseau, dgreen66 and 10 others like this.
  15. rosesfromangels

Me too. But that's two of us.

IMO.

16. CuriousCricket

Unfortunately, we live in a time of a "sea of vitriol and misguided hatred" on too many sides.
    Because of the background of the parents, I think it is very likely they have made enemies who might exact, or want to exact, revenge.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2021
  17. kathryann

kathryann Well-Known Member

I've thought revenge several times.

18. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

Maybe the simplest explanation is the best. Maybe it wasn’t 2-5 minutes, maybe the boys were glued to the TV and never looked up. Maybe Summer wandered somewhere into that vast wilderness, and she was missed during the searches. It’s not impossible.

19. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

I really don't know the answer to that.
    The why, the how or the where.
    I just know it doesn't have to be like this and that when it is, it is a choice made from free will.

20. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

I'm not sure of the circumstances all together, but I think she doesn't live there full time in any event.

Tealgrove, athenna, AnnaGrace and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.