AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is there an amber alert?
No description of a car ,which is important in the criteria of getting one. Maybe they have one but dont want to release that for investigative reasons? This case is different than any other because of this weird amber alert thing.
They said at a press conference early on that it was upgraded from an endangered alert to an Amber alert because of new information but they wouldn't elaborate on it and said it was part of the investigation. They reiterated at that time that they didn't have anything towards an abduction and would update asap if they had a suspect, vehicle, description etc.

I think people are manipulating the Amber alert system. Remember the Holly Bobo case, her mom said she lied about her age just so there would be an amber alert. Maybe they should create a new alert system for missing children that do not qualify for an Amber alert. People are doing it for the right reason but in the end it takes away the reasons for that specific type alert.

They should also think about not sending the alerts out to cell phones in the middle of the night, I know lots of people that have turned off the alerts on their phones because of them going off at 3am

but if someone is abducted that alert might make a night worker sit up and take notice. people with ill intent probably dont operate 9-5

This is why I wish the father wouldn't keep saying that he is sure she was taken out of the area. She could absolutely still be in the area.

No matter what dad is saying, it’s info for the press and public and expresses his opinions. It has no bearing on the actual investigation unless he (or someone else) can provide law-enforcement with details about why he believes Summer has been abducted. If he has done that it makes sense that the information is not being released.

Unless it has happened to us we don’t know how we would react, especially talking to the press when we are not accustomed to it. The press is relentless, and asks repetitive and cruel questions sometimes, such as asking him how his Father’s Day was going (paraphrased).

MOO

No matter what dad is saying, it’s info for the press and public and expresses his opinions. It has no bearing on the actual investigation unless he (or someone else) can provide law-enforcement with details about why he believes Summer has been abducted. If he has done that it makes sense that the information is not being released.

Unless it has happened to us we don’t know how we would react, especially talking to the press when we are not accustomed to it. The press is relentless, and asks repetitive and cruel questions sometimes, such as asking him how his Father’s Day was going (paraphrased).

MOO
And that reporter asked him if he thought she was still alive...I wanted to jump through the computer screen, so heartless. She needs to be removed from reporting on this, imo.

maybe upgraded to amber because they found tyre tracks....indicating a vehicle and that explains why dad is convinced she's out of the area

IIRC, dad said dogs tracked Summer's scent to the end of the driveway/road. IMO, that was why the abduction theory was given some weight and the Amber alert was issued. JMO....

So what are the different options of what could have happened.....

1. She's wandered off and is lost in the woods
2. She was abducted
3. Someone at home did something to her and has covered it up

Any other options?

I'm just not buying that she was abducted, it's just too rural for an opportunistic abduction, even if it was someone watching her, they'd have to been either very 'lucky' or very brazen to get her without anyone noticing.
I'm also not sure the parents did anything in this case, I just don't get that feeling, her Dad is just broken and i've seen a photo of Mom and she looks devastated too.

I really hope they find her really soon. Where are you sweet Summer Moon?

There is absolutely no such thing as “too rural an area for opportunistic abduction”! Rural areas are actually perfect for it. No street cameras, less humans, limited law enforcement, and a million other reasons!

Here is the video if anyone would like to view it again. Summer dancing to "My Country Girl."

SEARCHING FOR SUMMER: Summer’s Dad asked me to share this video of her. He says she is very loving, always happy, and loves her Barbie dolls.

What a little doll! She reminds my of myself at that age. My mother whacked my long curly and easy to tangle hair off every summer. She hated the tangles but also loved me in a pixie cut so win-win. She looks like a loved child to me. Praying she is found safe & sound TODAY!

There is absolutely no such thing as “too rural an area for opportunistic abduction”! Rural areas are actually perfect for it. No street cameras, less humans, limited law enforcement, and a million other reasons!
Agree with this. Sean Hornbeck comes to mind. He was picked up in a rural area close to me.

The reason I am having a hard time understanding the abduction theory is because of the location of Summers house. I've pasted a satellite view of 110 Ben Hill Rd from Google maps and notice this is an isolated property which is several hundred feet up a dirt/gravel driveway from Ben Hill Rd. It also appears to be several hundred feet through thick woods from the other nearby road, Beech Creek Road. (Summer's house is located in the center of the map, circled by the dirt/gravel driveway).

The father is saying that the child went unto the house and downstairs to the basement and two minutes later the mother went looking for her and Summer was gone, and the basement door was unlocked, implying that someone entered the basement and took Summer. But the issue of some stranger going to the house, opening the basement door, and taking Summer to his car is that the abductor would have to access the house by walking or driving up the long driveway which meets Ben Hill Rd. The problem with this is that any car driving up that driveway wound have been noticed and barked at by the family dogs. Any stranger walking up to the basement entrance of the house would have been barked at and the people living there alerted.

If the father is saying he believes that Summer was kidnaped by a stranger and thrown into a car and driven from the area, then where was the car of the kidnapper located and how did the abductor get Summer undetected from the house to the parked car?

Attachments

• 110BenHillRd.JPG
    110BenHillRd.JPG
    195.3 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
The reason I am having a hard time understanding the abduction theory is because of the location of Summers house. I've pasted a satellite view of 110 Ben Hill Rd from Google maps and notice this is an isolated property which is several hundred feet up a dirt/gravel driveway from Ben Hill Rd. It also appears to be several hundred feet through thick woods from the other nearby road, Beech Creek Road.

The father is saying that the child went unto the house and downstairs to the basement and two minutes later the mother went looking for her and Summer was gone, and the basement door was unlocked, implying that someone entered the basement and took Summer. But the issue of some stranger going to the house, opening the basement door, and taking Summer to his car is that the abductor would have to access the house by walking or driving up the long driveway which meets Ben Hill Rd. The problem with this is that any car driving up that driveway wound have been noticed and barked at by the family dogs. Any stranger walking up to the basement entrance of the house would have been barked at and the people living there alerted.

If the father is saying he believes that Summer was kidnaped by a stranger and thrown into a car and driven from the area, then where was the car of the kidnapper located and how did the abductor get Summer undetected from the house to the parked car?

^^ THIS

Watch now: 'Somebody has abducted her': Father of missing Hawkins child speaks out

The father is saying in the above linked article he believes Summer has been abducted. Here are all the quotes from the father in the linked article. The emphasis is mine.

<modsnip> differs from what the father said below, that the Mom and Summer had planted flowers and Summer asked to go into the house, and the Mom went in 2 minutes later and Summer was gone.

Donald Wells: “I was at work, but from what my wife has told me, her, and her mother, and Summer were planting flowers by her grandma’s trailer, which is about 20 feet from the house. Real close to the house. Summer, all of a sudden, said ‘Mom I want to go in the house.’ So she said, fine.”

Her three brothers were inside watching TV, and Candus watched Summer go in the door. Her brothers said she was going to go downstairs and play with her toys.

Donald Wells: “Her mom came in and said where’s Summer? She’s downstairs playing with her toys. She (Candus) hollered for her, and there was no answer. She went downstairs and (Summer) was nowhere to be found. She went out the basement door. The door was unlocked.”

Donald Wells: “She might be on the other side of the house. I went out there before and called for her. She came out from behind the house. She just has to be outside. She’s an outside type of person. She was gone, buddy.”

Donald Wells: “I was freaking out, and when I got home I drove up to the property, and all my neighbors were combing the woods for her. I realized then and there that she was not there. I knew right then and there that she was gone. She would never leave there on her own. Somebody had taken her.”

Donald Wells: “She would never leave. For one thing, we’ve got bears, and wild dogs, and we’ve got druggies who come around to other people’s houses all hours of the night. But this was like 5:30 in the evening, which makes me think someone was laying in wait. I heard somebody say that people track kids down on Facebook and find them. All I know is she is definitely not anywhere around there. Somebody has abducted her and took her out of the area.”

Donald Wells: “They have tracked down all kinds of people. They even had me in there with a lie detector test. It didn’t bother me to do that whatsoever. A lot of time the parents are responsible.”

Donald Wells: “Just trying to cope with everything. I’m talking to the police. I can’t be alone for some reason. If I have to I’ll go down there and talk to the police because I can’t be alone now.”

Donald Wells: “I have hope, but when you look at the statistics. Through our church and other churches, worldwide prayer is going on for her. Plus all the law enforcement agents are praying. We’re just hoping that God will turn it around somehow, some miraculous way.”
This case seems like it would fit into the Ronald Cummings playbook ,not to antagonize but a lot of things seems the same.

I’m sure perpetrators who are savvy do keep tabs on what’s being said here. That’s why anyone close to a case who thinks they have a real tip should contact LE rather than posting it here where it can be seen and/or just get lost in the discussion.
JMO
This should not be more stressed!

Only slightly O/T but if one of mine went missing, I'd want EVERY cell phone going off at 3am. If a missing child isn't worth a few minutes of interrupted sleep, I don't know what is.

jmo
Any mom would ,however the rules specifically imply certain aspects be met issue an amber alert ,which undeniably have not been met publicly ..

maybe upgraded to amber because they found tyre tracks....indicating a vehicle and that explains why dad is convinced she's out of the area
I do not think that is possible.

The reason I am having a hard time understanding the abduction theory is because of the location of Summers house. I've pasted a satellite view of 110 Ben Hill Rd from Google maps and notice this is an isolated property which is several hundred feet up a dirt/gravel driveway from Ben Hill Rd. It also appears to be several hundred feet through thick woods from the other nearby road, Beech Creek Road.

The problem is you are assuming a lot. One, that a person must've driven a car up to the driveway. Two, that it was a stranger. Three, that they went into the basement to take Summer.

I see it being much simpler. A person who lives nearby, someone Summer knows, was nearby on foot and Summer walked away with this person voluntarily. I don't think this person went into the house. I bet Summer walked outside on her own volition and this person somehow intercepted her on foot. This tracks with the dogs losing her scent at the *end* of the driveway, too, where she might've then gotten onto a bike or into a vehicle or something.

I have a hard time with the abduction idea since, we've been told just moments before she went missing, she was outside with her mom and grandmother planting flowers.

Someone willing to kidnap a kid isn't going to do it where the adults are literally right there, outside.

And since they were outside as has been reported, and they didn't see or hear a vehicle then... there wasn't one there.

jmo
I can easily envision a scenario where mom, grandma and Summer are outside planting flowers. Summer goes inside for whatever reason and eventually goes back outside through the back/basement door. As Summer is going back out, mom is going in through the front door and they miss each other. I haven’t seen anything at all about where the grandmother was at that point…was she still outside or did she and Candus/mom finish everything and they both went into their respective homes? It’s very possible she went inside her own home at the same time Summer’s mom went inside theirs…at the same time Summer was going out the back door. Just a perfect storm of them all just missing each other. Summer could then have easily wandered down to the road and been abducted from that point. It doesn’t have to be someone coming into their home, or even on their property, at all.

I can easily envision a scenario where mom, grandma and Summer are outside planting flowers. Summer goes inside for whatever reason and eventually goes back outside through the back/basement door. As Summer is going back out, mom is going in through the front door and they miss each other. I haven’t seen anything at all about where the grandmother was at that point…was she still outside or did she and Candus/mom finish everything and they both went into their respective homes? It’s very possible she went inside her own home at the same time Summer’s mom went inside theirs…at the same time Summer was going out the back door. Just a perfect storm of them all just missing each other. Summer could then have easily wandered down to the road and been abducted from that point. It doesn’t have to be someone coming into their home, or even on their property, at all.

Completely agree <modsnip>. She might've been terrified and left quietly, or again, it could've been someone she knew and wasn't scared at all and went willingly. Same with not hearing a vehicle. They have an 11 acre property, I could easily see a vehicle being nearby, but not super close by the house necessarily, that isn't heard by anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is you are assuming a lot. One, that a person must've driven a car up to the driveway. Two, that it was a stranger. Three, that they went into the basement to take Summer.

I see it being much simpler. A person who lives nearby, someone Summer knows, was nearby on foot and Summer walked away with this person voluntarily. I don't think this person went into the house. I bet Summer walked outside on her own volition and this person somehow intercepted her on foot. This tracks with the dogs losing her scent at the *end* of the driveway, too, where she might've then gotten onto a bike or into a vehicle or something.
^^This. I believe she walked or wandered down her driveway for whatever reason - again, we don't know the rules in their home for being outside - and someone she knew was walking by on that road. Would be quieter than a car, or at least not heard up at the house. Opportunistic, not planned. I feel she's near her home, in someone's home. But not likely alive at this point. MOO

I think we posted our same theory at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea