AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #2

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by hollye, Jun 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. insearchoflight

insearchoflight Well-Known Member

A big stretch IMO

I believe most likely she did wander off into the woods. I keep checking here daily hoping I’ll see the outcome that she was found safe alone in the woods like a few other little ones have been lucky enough

misgrn, sassyblue, NoSI and 15 others like this.

2. CSIDreamer

CSIDreamer Well-Known Member

All the rules for a Tennessee Amber Alert have been met in Summer's case.

sassyblue, Flicka1, cass523 and 9 others like this.
  3. Turkeytrot

Turkeytrot Well-Known Member

I needed this, thank you.
    I usually crochet at night and listen to those rainy cozy cafe videos as a way to decompress but I haven't been since following this case, and I can feel it. Been staying up way too late too :(

Just been spending time outside with my kiddo during the day and thinking Summer should be swinging, playing, laughing too. :(

4. PawneeDew

PawneeDew Well-Known Member

Almost like L.E. is of the mind-set that not another child. Not on our watch...MOO

misgrn, Flicka1, cass523 and 6 others like this.
  5. AC's Grandma

AC's Grandma Well-Known Member

Neither were necessarily asked but one volunteered...the other may not have for whatever reason. The dad's statement that he volunteered and had one, <modsnip> has never been confirmed or denied by law enforcement.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2021
    Flicka1, cass523, TDW59 and 8 others like this.
  6. MsMarple

MsMarple Well-Known Member

I'm not @whitelilac but maybe they mean this:
    Josh Smith
    @JoshSmithWJHL

From
    @TBILeslie
    : Summer Wells family continues to cooperate with investigators trying to find out what happened to their 5 year-old daughter Summer. Q: Have they been ruled out? A: "The circumstances surrounding Summer's disappearance remain under investigation."

At the 11:02 mark here:
    Officials ‘more concerned than ever’ to find missing 5-year-old Summer Wells | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

Please note for balance that just prior (at 10:35) she said the parents were cooperative and they were keeping them updated.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    misgrn, sassyblue, Snoopster and 20 others like this.
  7. Bobbywoo

Bobbywoo Well-Known Member

Here's an idea of the weather coming. The red pin is Rogersville and everything is moving northeast.
    Edited to correct direction.

Attached Files:

misgrn, sassyblue, Flicka1 and 13 others like this.
  8. rainynights

rainynights Well-Known Member

“Summer is still missing, and we are more concerned than ever and desperate to find her,” TBI spokesperson Leslie Earhart shared at a Monday news conference.

72 agencies from Tennessee, Alabama, Ohio, Virginia, Georgia and North Carolina have searched 2,400 acres for Summer since Tuesday. The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation says they’re using all resources to find Summer including the Federal Bureau of Investigation Child Abduction Rapid Deployment Team.

At this time, the TBI says they do not have evidence of an abduction but it isn’t being ruled out. Right now, crews are still focusing on search and rescue efforts.

“It’s possible that she wandered off and is lost and afraid,” Earhart said.

[...]

More at: Tennessee AMBER Alert: TBI 'more concerned than ever' to find 5-year-old Summer Wells

9. Quill

Quill Well-Known Member

Quoting my own post to add that I keep thinking about this case from 2005.
    3 Camden Boys Found Dead in Trunk of Car in Yard (Published 2005)

Just thinking outside the box for a minute.

10. stattlich1

stattlich1 Well-Known Member

Ya know that old saying, "I was born at night, but not last night".

This little girl is either holed up somewhere, in a phenomenal hiding place, where 70+ agencies haven't been able to find her, or something else is up.

I imagine she could be in a hand dug well shaft, or stuck down a chimney, or in a bear den, or a cave, or among some rocky outcropping, or in a pile of straw in somebody's barn, or like already said, in an abandoned car, or maybe in a hollow tree.

Good thing, at the end of that presser, LE stated they are keeping all avenues of investigation open.

PhoneJockey, Mimsy2, misgrn and 20 others like this.
  11. TGIRecovered

TGIRecovered Well-Known Member

When was the last confirmed sighting of Summer by someone other than family? I know that this is a question that is usually answered fairly early on but I must’ve missed it.
    <modsnip>

When my girls were that age they loved to play hide and seek. Sometimes they would hide without telling me, waiting for me to walk by so they could jump out and yell boo! If she got trapped in the trunk of a car or freezer it seems that the dogs would have still been able to track her scent.

Maybe a UFO took her. I’m only halfway joking, considering the news lately.

12. steff13

steff13 Well-Known Member

I just watched the presser. I think I'm going to go forward only considering what LE has said/confirmed.

misgrn, Anirtak, prncsspeech and 13 others like this.
  13. helpfulcharlie

helpfulcharlie Probably not the real Chuck Finley

Absolutely necessary. For example, I took time out of my evening last night to step away from the threads for a while and watch the final two episodes of Mare of Easttown. In hindsight, that may not have been the best choice to "step away" toward.

misgrn, sassyblue, Flicka1 and 9 others like this.
  14. rainynights

rainynights Well-Known Member

HayLouise, misgrn, sassyblue and 15 others like this.
  15. LietKynes

LietKynes On Time Out

This ! ^^^
    If LE would just say something to the effect of : We believe Summer was taken by vehicle on this day...
    Or, Please be on the lookout for human traffickers ...
    Or, We know Summer was last seen by ____ and it was on this day ___....
    Nothing.
    We know none of this as LE haven't clarified it.
    Still waiting.
    Imo.

PhoneJockey, Mimsy2, misgrn and 18 others like this.
  16. LietKynes

LietKynes On Time Out

This comment is only meant in the general sense.
    Sometimes it's good to not be reading online at all, but to keep searching or helping the volunteers.
    Any little thing a person can do to avoid an already bad situation from becoming worse.
    If a person is missing it shouldn't matter what strangers are saying, people being what they (sometimes) are.
    The priority is Summer and hopefully finding her alive, although it's looking grim. :(
    MOO.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  17. momrids6

momrids6 JUSTICE FOR JENNIFER

Been here for years and years- at this point, there are some cases I know I cannot even look at. If you didn't care, this wouldn't bother you, so give yourself some grace. It's so difficult when the victim is a child.

18. swanniee11

swanniee11 Well-Known Member

@Mountain_Kat , WELL SAID. As for the Amber Alert, frankly, I'm glad they used it. I know normally there is a person/car etc but hey, this is a rural area and getting the word out is so important.
    I keep waiting for MSM to say something that would push me over the fence but to be honest, If I stay out of SM ( which I have been, mean people) I am not convinced parents had anything to do with this. If LE were to report something like a parent isn't cooperating or refusal of a lie detector test kind of thing then yeah but honestly right now I'm still thinking she took a walk or was picked up by someone she knows. The 911 call has not been released yet correct? ALL IMO

19. helpfulcharlie

helpfulcharlie Probably not the real Chuck Finley

That's a valid question, but it's hard to imagine a huge discrepancy in last confirmed sighting even within the family if what, five family members were home at the time? Did I count right? If only one person, maybe two, claims to have seen the missing person within a certain window, that opens the field a bit, but but if they ALL did, that tightens the window. I have faith that in investigators' ability to reduce that window to something pretty closely resembling reality, including who actually saw the child vs not even looking up from videogames or whatnot.

20. LietKynes

LietKynes On Time Out

bbm
    LE have not disclosed this ; but instead said the "Circumstances are still unclear..."

Eta : IF Summer was away from the house earlier that day or whatever, LE haven't said anything about it.
    I'm waiting now for verified, trusted information from LE .
    My guess is they know by now.
    Imo.

PhoneJockey, Mimsy2, misgrn and 20 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.