AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #22

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by hollye, Jun 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. December

December Verified insider - Kathy Jones case

Give them a month, they'll have a new dog herd as people will keep dumping their unwanted pets.

A few of the dogs might actually belong to their neighbors and are just visiting to hang out with children or other dogs or get extra food/attention.

2. December

December Verified insider - Kathy Jones case

I mean, i can see him maybe feeding or watering them. They must be eating.

3. Oriah

Oriah Verified SAR (K9, Police, Maritime)

That might be true and I understand where you are coming from, happens all the time. Not sure that was/is the situation at their residence at the time Summer went missing.

hdo82, Mountain_Kat and December like this.
  4. Krwiley60

Krwiley60 Well-Known Member

I could not tell you what time it was when the hospital called to tell me my boyfriend was dying or when I got to the hospital or anything of the next three days. Anyone who has had a traumatic experience will tell you that making mental notes of anything at the time is the last thing on your mind.

misgrn, bettyboop, athenna and 19 others like this.
  5. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

Appalling behaviour!

Tinalar, athenna, MsBetsy and 6 others like this.
  6. flashy09

flashy09 Well-Known Member

Also, didn't DD say his first time to the house was the night Summer disappeared? I remember he mentioned the dogs.
    Also one of the dogs would have new puppies or be quite pregnant, right? The one that had the litter under the addition?
    I can see some of the dogs wandering off during the day, but not all of them. They were in and out of the house during the interview and everywhere on the property.

7. Krwiley60

I’m assuming TBI/FBI took control of the phones and did the acquisition of the data. Typically, small departments don’t employ digital forensic experts because of budget constraints.

athenna, PhoneJockey and SMK777 like this.
  8. Oriah

Oriah Verified SAR (K9, Police, Maritime)

Has anyone looked into an animal control/investigation before or during the time Summer has been missing?

9. Krwiley60

But who is the “her” that put Summer in the car?

10. DutchTreat

DutchTreat Well-Known Member

Candus told CM that there was a dog with a litter of small puppies underneath the house when Summer went missing.
    The entrance to the space underneath the house is a few feet from the basement door !!!

No way a momma dog would leave a litter of small dogs to themselves to go off with a pack of dogs for a while.
    If the puppy's are small, you have a hard time to get the mother go for a pee away from the litter.

misgrn, Catmommy, Mama Cat and 9 others like this.
  11. Krwiley60

The phone data is kept on a computer. The phone itself, if LE still has it, is stored in an evidence room.

MsBetsy, SMK777 and dacjess like this.
  12. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

I think he just misspoke.. he looked wrecked, exhausted and worn out, he didn't seem to be paying much attention to what he was saying. That's understandable.

Tinalar, LeeAnnB, athenna and 15 others like this.
  13. Lexiintoronto

Lexiintoronto Well-Known Member

First, I am very sorry for your loss.

I think people react differently in these situations. I don’t recall exact details about timing surrounding other deaths of loved ones, but I do when my friend died suddenly under suspicious circumstances and police were involved.

I was asked to provide a timeline of when I last saw her and how it was that I recalled the time. I knew I last saw her at 9:00 pm because I was trying to rush home and watch a news program and bumped into her. If I had stopped and talked to her at length, I wouldn’t have caught the beginning of the program …I knew the police were at her home around 7:00 am because I saw their car as I was leaving to catch my bus to work.. I was gardening after work and heard my landline phone ringing non-stop within the home (someone calling me to tell me she was found dead). I knew it was 7:40 -8:00 pm because I wanted to cut my grass before it rained, so it was right after returning home from work…

I think the Wells would have been asked to provide a timeline in the same way, imo.

misgrn, CarolAnn, Catmommy and 15 others like this.
  14. Cardinal47

Cardinal47 Well-Known Member

How long for phone data? Six months or six weeks?
    I remember reading about that but forget how long!

Sunshine95 and PhoneJockey like this.
  15. dacjess

dacjess Where is Summer

Wasn’t the interview via phone? How do we know what he looked like?

16. Teche

Teche Well-Known Member

Could DW be mentioning this ATV/truck due to “shady people” who steal property to sell/trade to purchase drugs? Hopefully, the officer got pertinent information from the driver and passenger.

dgreen66 and AgeofAquaruis like this.
  17. Allabouttrial

Allabouttrial Well-Known Member

When asked about a likely scenario where Summer could be DW said:

"Well at first I thought, you know, is gotta be some sicko hillbilly druggie, you know, drug her off in the woods or you know, or something or somebody put her in her car and took her not too far away or whatever like that."

He said "somebody" not she.

TIR Interview with DW

SLouTh, AnnaGrace, kimpage and 5 others like this.
  18. Teche

Teche Well-Known Member

If there was a woman in the truck, maybe she went back to sleep.

broadviewren likes this.
  19. Mountain_Kat

Mountain_Kat Heca, Firimar !

That's a great question. I did wonder, since we know that CPS was involved with the family prior to Summer going missing, if a CPS worker would have alerted animal control to the situation with the dogs. I would think that the animals might have been an issue that would have at least come up in a CPS case report, but I really don't know. Perhaps WSers with experience in either the social services field or the animal control field will weigh in.

misgrn, bettyboop, SLouTh and 4 others like this.
  20. enw10110

enw10110 Well-Known Member

I disagree with you. I don't think it's understandable at all. And I don't think all 800 of his flat-out lies are just him mis-speaking or being misunderstood or just not paying attention to what he's saying. They're him not able to keep his stories straight and digging himself so far into a hole he can no longer see the light of day. He directly contradicts himself and makes statements that are either easily able to be disproven or are so unrealistic that they're just absurd.

Does that mean that he had something to do with Summer's disappearance? No. But if he didn't, he needs to stop with all of the big elaborate stories that are leading LE on a wild goose chase. They have to take the time to look into all of his ridiculousness. Now they get to spend time trying to find some red truck with a hidden disheveled woman. Great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.