AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
SJ is Steve Johnson, a forensic statement analyst who with CM analyzed DW interview.
Ohhh! Ok. Yeah, I did actually catch a bit of that discussion. I was somewhat fascinated to hear how they dissected everything. I can't say that I bought into *everything* that was said - but it was very interesting to hear what was said. I will say though that I don't recall the details that were stated around the neighbor being there where DW dropped/found the boys. Is there any chance anyone could point me to a timestamp in the video of where that comes out. I can probably find the link myself. It would just be handy if someone could save me some time looking for that part. (It seems like that was a long discussion- but then again, aren't most of these YT things?)

Going back to the very beginning Summer was reported last seen walking away from her home around 7PM.
I don't remember who saw her, was it one of her brothers?

I cannot remember why this was disregarded, does anyone else remember? So much info since then, I just can't remember.

This article states she was walking near her home. Did they change it from an earlier report?

Summer Moon-Utah Wells is 3-feet tall with blonde hair who is believed to be barefoot. She was last seen Tuesday walking near her home in the Beech Creek community wearing a pink shirt and gray shorts.

TN AMBER Alert: 5-year-old Summer Wells missing from Rogersville

Going back to the very beginning Summer was reported last seen walking away from her home around 7PM.
I don't remember who saw her, was it one of her brothers?

I cannot remember why this was disregarded, does anyone else remember? So much info since then, I just can't remember.

I read that sighting was actually a sighting of one of Summer's brothers. I don't believe it was an actual sighting of Summer.

The 911 calls were made just prior to 6:30pm, and IIRC, LE showed up sometime around the 7pm mark/shortly thereafter.

Do you remember who said they saw her walking away from the home? Also why was this dismissed.

Was it just another media error?

Just saw this...may not be connected...although it is less than an hour away and is right off Interstate 40, rural area.

Skeletal remains found in Dandridge - NewsBreak
Sounds like these remains have been there some time, they can't even determine the sex, they need forensic anthropologists.

Human skeletal remains found in Dandridge | wbir.com
Deputies along with Criminal Investigation Division detectives and University of Tennessee forensic anthropologists are investigating.
It's not clear if the remains are those of a male or female. A forensic exam can confirm the sex and likely the race of the person.

If we can't believe what he says, why bother discussing it?
That's most of what this thread is about, dissecting his every word.
He said very little.
It was interesting to see the creek though, I'd imagined it was much bigger, just a little stream, really.
I'm interested in what he is saying but I'm not happy about him saying anything at all.
Dissecting his every word will not bring catharsis or clarity.

What he did say was that every idea and thought he'd had about what might have happened to her, he felt sure TBI had the same thoughts , only better (paraphrased)
He's showing he understands more than he appeared to about how they function.. This is progress. Perhaps someone has spoken with him and explained how investigations work, I certainly hope so.

Maybe Candus told DW on messenger that the boys were looking down by the creek.
Quite possibly. Though if that's the case why doesn't he say so? He has been asked the question a few times now and it's the same answer every time. He states he knew they would have already searched the house.

It's not on the other side of his property, though, it's on the other side of the mountain. No one could have snatched her from her yard and walked with her to the other side of a mountain. If he's pointing this area out, he has to be saying this person was in a vehicle. Okay, but a random abductor doesn't take a child from one side of a mountain to the other side of a mountain just for fun. So where does this particular spot come into play in his mind ?

Look at Ben Hill Rd and Chimney Top loop on a map. Is it directly across from the Wells property ? Yes. But there is a danged mountain between them.
How big is this mountain?

Just checking in to see if there is any news on the remains found today?

Nope. But Joe Hall went missing in Dandridge from Upper Rinehart Rd, just on the other side of Douglas Lake from Sockless Rd. To get there by car is about a 24 minute ride, but that's if you go around the lake on a road. Joe was on foot.

(Sorry for the off topic, mods.)

Chimney Top Loop is almost a 20 minute drive from his house. Confuse me ?
I’m wondering if this is related to where one of those he mentioned in videos live. I can’t recall right now which videos. I want to say there are two or three different individuals he (DW) has mentioned? All IMO. I’ll try to find what he has said.

Last edited:
Nope. But Joe Hall went missing in Dandridge from Upper Rinehart Rd, just on the other side of Douglas Lake from Sockless Rd. To get there by car is about a 24 minute ride, but that's if you go around the lake on a road. Joe was on foot.

(Sorry for the off topic, mods.)
I gathered from the comments on the Jefferson County Sheriff's post, there are a few people missing in that area.

Sounds like these remains have been there some time, they can't even determine the sex, they need forensic anthropologists.

Human skeletal remains found in Dandridge | wbir.com
Deputies along with Criminal Investigation Division detectives and University of Tennessee forensic anthropologists are investigating.
It's not clear if the remains are those of a male or female. A forensic exam can confirm the sex and likely the race of the person.
Yep. Which could be anyone who disappeared in the last month or even longer.

He said very little.
It was interesting to see the creek though, I'd imagined it was much bigger, just a little stream, really.
I'm interested in what he is saying but I'm not happy about him saying anything at all.
Dissecting his every word will not bring catharsis or clarity.

What he did say was that every idea and thought he'd had about what might have happened to her, he felt sure TBI had the same thoughts , only better (paraphrased)
He's showing he understands more than he appeared to about how they function.. This is progress. Perhaps someone has spoken with him and explained how investigations work, I certainly hope so.
I haven't watched, but did he understand these things prior to Summer's disappearance? Or did he learn about these things afterwards? IMO, it seems evident that he's been paying attention to Websleuths and/or other websites and forums - I say this because after every interview, he seems to come back with another and respond to questions asked in those mediums. All my opinion!

I haven't watched, but did he understand these things prior to Summer's disappearance? Or did he learn about these things afterwards? IMO, it seems evident that he's been paying attention to Websleuths and/or other websites and forums - I say this because after every interview, he seems to come back with another and respond to questions asked in those mediums. All my opinion!

Candus does as well, imo. Just a day or two after I mentioned that picking flowers in a state park was illegal, she did the interview with TIR and mentions that she told her mother not to pick flowers in a state park because that was illegal and she didn't want to catch a charge for that.

Coincidence ? Maybe. But probably not. ;)

Only somebody that has experienced a missing child would ever understand, I would imagine.
I think he has a right of rebuttal when meanings are placed upon his linguistics for which no qualifying questions were asked during the original interview!

Having said that, I think he's being exploited left right and centre and he is not media savvy by any stretch of anyone's imagination.

He's not an easy interview subject, he rambles.. a lot.. but that's his way and any interviewer that does not sit and find rapport with him , for probably longer than it takes for most people, cannot possibly understand his ways of expression.

When he made his first video after the CM, the interviewer did not have the experience to ask him to qualify his statements.. she did subsequently attempt to right that, though.
He has a right to come back. He's probably fighting a losing battle. He should not be doing any of it.
I don't know that this will have an impact on the investigation, I expect it will, particularly if he , himself, becomes a chief or the chief suspect.
In relation to other possible suspects, I think names were blanked prior to broadcasts.. but it's still likely they will be recognised by his description and this could potentially prejudice a jury.

It's fraught, all of it, legally.

Only somebody that has experienced a missing child would ever understand, I would imagine.
I think he has a right of rebuttal when meanings are placed upon his linguistics for which no qualifying questions were asked during the original interview!

Having said that, I think he's being exploited left right and centre and he is not media savvy by any stretch of anyone's imagination.

He's not an easy interview subject, he rambles.. a lot.. but that's his way and any interviewer that does not sit and find rapport with him , for probably longer than it takes for most people, cannot possibly understand his ways of expression.

When he made his first video after the CM, the interviewer did not have the experience to ask him to qualify his statements.. she did subsequently attempt to right that, though.
He has a right to come back. He's probably fighting a losing battle. He should not be doing any of it.
I don't know that this will have an impact on the investigation, I expect it will, particularly if he , himself, becomes a chief or the chief suspect.
In relation to other possible suspects, I think names were blanked prior to broadcasts.. but it's still likely they will be recognised by his description and this could potentially prejudice a jury.

It's fraught, all of it, legally.
Appreciate your perspective and agree with most but how do you draw the conclusion that its all fraud when DW is contacting these outlets himself and shooting his mouth off?
He is free to say or not say anything.

There has to be a point where one takes personal responsibility for their own behaviour.

Not DW's strong point. But that doesn't mean the messenger should be held responsible for his irresponsibilites.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member