AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
In one case of a disappearance I followed, the boyfriend was suspected of killing her and hiding her body. The police asked a close friend of his to wear a wire to record their conversations. She worked at the police station.

The police suggested some topics for her to bring up, and once they they came up with a ruse: tell him that while at work she overheard the police talking about the missing girl’s remains being possibly located. They wanted his reaction recorded.

(He probed for more answers about where, and what exactly they said. Notably, he didn’t burst out the door to the police station to see if it was her. No frantic phone calls to her parents.)

The remains of two people have been found close to Hawkins County since Summer disappeared. I’m wondering if the police are covertly monitoring the people closest to Summer and are studying their responses when remains have been discovered.

I’d be interested to be a fly in the wall at the Wells’ home if I were investigating Summer’s disappearance.

I wonder if their house is bugged.

Last edited:
And, according to DW in his TIR interview, CW continues to drink (though she did quit for 2 days). This is not a "relapse" for her, but a continuation of addictive behavior. IMO.
Well, it's definitely a step up from using illicit substances. I would probably be drinking every day, too, and I hate the taste of alcohol. It's probably hardest to quit when you are living through a traumatic event.

I think he has conducted himself quite well actually. Not to mention we aren’t just talking about someone that only had their kids taken by CPS but someone that is also missing a 5 year old daughter at the same time.
Depends on what his goal is.

Not a CPS expert here, but just as an adult citizen, I would not want children exposed to the type of things he says. And admits he did. And blames a 5 year old victim for.

I think he has conducted himself quite well actually. Not to mention we aren’t just talking about someone that only had their kids taken by CPS but someone that is also missing a 5 year old daughter at the same time.
Could you elaborate some on the ways you feel he has conducted himself well please? From the perspective of a psychologist who would likely have to determine his fitness for his children to be returned, I believe he has shown abusive language, been less-than forthcoming about taking responsibility for SA with step-sister, has admitted substance abuse in the family unit, the children being involved in parental arguments (which does happen in many households), SM posts provide red flags, etc. So if I were looking for behavior from a CPS perspective, I wouldn’t consider his conduct to be in line with someone doing anything he can to get his children back, IMO.

I don't have a link to this but I actually remember CM saying that DW called him a sinner, etc., early in one of the interviews. I will see if I can find it. This "new" call reminded me of what CM said DW said earlier so I was wondering if this was actually that early call.

I will edit this once I find the video.
It's on this thread, transcribed with link, probably about 8-10 pm EST. Roughly. Right about when the TIR program began last night, depending on your time zone.

Last edited:
Snipped and bolded by me.
Not true.
This call occurred on August 1st, per CM.
<modsnip>

"Join Chris and Truth2Lies.com's Steve Johnson, a forensic statement analyst, to discuss the Aug. 1 conversation between Summer Wells' father, Don Wells, and The Interview Room. This is Part 3. Summer Wells, the 5-year-old Tennessee girl, has been missing since June 15."
]
Sorry, correction noted. I didnt think but had been that long ago.

There are a lot of steps before parental rights are terminated. The goal of CPS is to reunite families.

I don't think DW and CW's threat to CM last night is going to help.

I often wonder who else is watching or listening to these interviews. I'm sure LE does and DW, CW, probably CH but does CPS? Are they allowed to if they are involved in the case?

Well, it's definitely a step up from using illicit substances. I would probably be drinking every day, too, and I hate the taste of alcohol. It's probably hardest to quit when you are living through a traumatic event.

I understand. But my point is that CW's drinking didn't start with Summer going missing. It was an issue prior to Summer going missing, and it has simply continued through Summer's disappearance. That is evidence of addictive behavior, imo.

Just a few general comments about TIR last last night.

1. I have had to listen to this DW interview several times, over several days, to try to make sense of DW comments about the co-worker in the yellow pathfinder carpooling with DW. For what it's worth, I do believe he is talking about a different day than the day Summer went missing. His answers to CM's question were a huge bowl of word salad that I believe both CM, SJ and DW himself got lost in. In other words, I think CM is mistaken. JMO.

2. What I did find particularly interesting, though, is that it is when DW is talking about the trip to Utah that he makes the comment about always knowing that something would happen to Summer. Obviously (to me anyway) these 2 things are related in his mind somehow. <modsnip>, at the very least, DW seems to have made a mental connection between always knowing that something would happen to Summer and this trip to Utah.

3. In the phone call CM played of CW and DW at the beginning of the show, I think we get a much more accurate view of CW than what we saw in her TIR interviews. She is not a shrinking violet. I'll leave it at that.

All MOO

Yes. #2 yes.

Moo

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if it is bugged.

I would think so. In the case I mentioned the police bugged the suspect’s car, home, home landline, and his friend weared a wire.

The difference may be that the missing girl’s car had been found with her bloodstains, so they knew she was murdered. But only local police were investigating. In Summer’s case the TBI is involved. I’d think they could bug DW’s pens and pencils if they wanted to.

I beg to differ:

SA of a child and aggravated SA of a child

What is the statute of limitations for this crime?
1. There is no time limit for this crime. Statutory citation(s): Citation for the crime: Utah Code Ann. § 76-5-404.1. 2.
Citation for the statute of limitations: Utah Code Ann. § 76-1-301

https://apps.rainn.org/policy/policy-crime-definitions-export.cfm?state=Utah&group=7

I don’t know if that applies here - is that statute retroactive to crimes 30+ years ago?

He falls under the old code, back when it happened. They changed it from what it was originally.

ETA: someone posted proof i will try to find it, but if they can charge him, i guess they will.

Utah removed the statute of limitations for SA of a child a few years ago even if it happened years ago. This is for criminal cases - not civil cases.

Could you elaborate some on the ways you feel he has conducted himself well please? From the perspective of a psychologist who would likely have to determine his fitness for his children to be returned, I believe he has shown abusive language, been less-than forthcoming about taking responsibility for SA with step-sister, has admitted substance abuse in the family unit, the children being involved in parental arguments (which does happen in many households), SM posts provide red flags, etc. So if I were looking for behavior from a CPS perspective, I wouldn’t consider his conduct to be in line with someone doing anything he can to get his children back, IMO.
He is still going to work trying to provide for his family, he goes to the prayer vigils, has respected the gag order, he has used adult language (I have seen no abusive language) with another “adult”, he is keeping his daughters name out there and has been incredibly forthcoming even regarding his transgressions that occurred decades ago. Yeah I think he has handle himself quite well

Utah removed the statute of limitations for SA of a child a few years ago even if it happened years ago. This is for criminal cases - not civil cases.
Oh, so you're saying the victims could sue him? That's interesting. Ianal, but maybe they could.

Eta: that sounds sarcastic, i don't mean it that way.

It's on this thread, transcribed with link, probably about 8-10 pm EST. Roughly. Right about when the TIR program began last night, depending on your time zone.

I mean prior to last night. In one of the CM shows he said Don told him he's a sinner and CM said I know I'm a sinner, etc., but didn't play the call. It could be that Don says this all the time - he repeats himself a lot. I am going through the previous interviews to find where this was discussed before but it's taking me a while since there are so many!

Do you have something that states anything other than what CM states:
"Join Chris and Truth2Lies.com's Steve Johnson, a forensic statement analyst, to discuss the Aug. 1 conversation between Summer Wells' father, Don Wells, and The Interview Room. This is Part 3. Summer Wells, the 5-year-old Tennessee girl, has been missing since June 15."
I'd love to see it and be proven wrong.:cool:
Just that that definitely refers to the call they’ve been discussing, as all parts of the interview have stated and this was a separate call that they included? Part 3 of the interview that they had been discussing 2 other times. The transcripts of the other 2 will show that this call was not included but had the date you referred to. I don’t know how to prove a negative…

Right at the beginning of the program starts about 3:00 minutes

There is also a transcript. If this link goes just to the general yt page, go to the TIR yt site and select part 3. Looks like he's got it set to require going to his channel.

Last edited:
Do you have something that states anything other than what CM states:
I'd love to see it and be proven wrong.:cool:

Yes then CM tells us that he recently received a short call from DW where CW listens in and plays it first. The short phone call was definitely not recorded on August 1 - the long phone call they have been analysing in three sessions was recorded on August 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy