AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #26

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by hollye, Jun 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LietKynes

LietKynes Well-Known Member

No, probably not.
    There are high functioning autistic children , and there are some who have not seen a doctor recently and may not have been diagnosed.
    We just don't know.
    Sad all around.
    MOO.

2. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

Yes, that is what I meant.

Allabouttrial likes this.
  3. LietKynes

bb,
    Thanks, I'd forgotten that CBW said that.
    The mattresses on the floor looked uncomfortable.
    Imo.

4. LietKynes

bbm
    Considering Summer is missing, you are right to question this statement.
    Odd to say the least.
    The bolded is concerning for many reasons.
    Imo.

5. LietKynes

Afaik, no he hasn't.
    It shouldn't be a difficult question to answer.

Sadly b/c the way we're wired, events on a terrible day stand out more vividly than the happier times.
    MOO.

CrimeDawg123 and PhoneJockey like this.
  6. Sundog

Sundog Well-Known Member

I wonder if CW might agree to be interviewed by Mr and Mrs Cher. I don't think we will hear from CH as she appears to be busy with her relatives up north.

7. PhoneJockey

PhoneJockey Well-Known Member

There were 2 sets of bunk beds. One upstairs, which CW said was for the two older boys; and the other downstairs bunk beds which were for Summer and the youngest boy. Then it shows mattresses or blanket pallets on the floor next to the downstairs bunk beds - CW says that since Summer disappeared, she has all 3 boys sleeping in the basement.

All of this is from the approved house walk through interview video with CM.
    I don't think it's as much a southern thing as it is an uneducated thing.... and please believe I do NOT say that to disparage anyone. Not everyone cares about "proper" grammar. I live in Missouri, and there are rural people here who sound way more "country" with their accents and vocabulary than either of the Wells do.

8. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

I didn’t either.
    Was it the Cher’s who asked the question? If so, I wonder why they did. Or was it supposed to be a lead in...”our son is autistic and we noticed SW doing this also” or something along those lines.
    It seems to be an odd question.
    Why not ask if SW was hyper or ADD perhaps hearing issues instead.
    JMO

9. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

I kind of disagree about the significance of past tense. It might mean something or it might not.

If the event happened in the past, I usually use past tense to describe it, even if the person I'm talking about it standing there in front of me. Like "my brother and I went out for drinks two summers ago. He drove. He told funny stories." My brother is fine and texted me ten minutes ago.

Just an example. DW might mean something different.

10. skibaboo

skibaboo Mrs Map

11. Sundog

Sundog Well-Known Member

If CH and DW really don't get along, as you suggest, then that would be like many families in the country, with mother-in-laws. Living together doesn't always work.

Blue Amethyst, nao and carbuff like this.
  12. CrimeDawg123

CrimeDawg123 Well-Known Member

If someone asked you "does your brother have a mole? " do you reply no he didn't? Just curious.

13. hdo82

hdo82 Well-Known Member

I don't think we will hear from CW anytime soon. IMO, I believe that DW is the (asked or self elected ) spokesperson for the couple.

14. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

Yes he did but he had it removed.

Actually in most contexts I'd answer that in the present tense, I think.

Allabouttrial and hdo82 like this.
  15. LietKynes

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2021
    nao and PhoneJockey like this.
  16. hdo82

hdo82 Well-Known Member

Are you referring to the phrases that he uses in his ramblings?

Seenit, LietKynes and Allabouttrial like this.
  17. PhoneJockey

PhoneJockey Well-Known Member

Wow! This makes me sad for the congregation. It could be nefarious or just something like faulty wiring.

In any case, it seems to have absolutely ZERO to do with Summer..... so why is it being brought up in Summer’s thread? This wasn't her church.

18. December

December Verified insider - Kathy Jones case

I thought we learned that the power company always hires the same crew to do the clearings (the group now known on here as "tree trimmers" even though they did more than that).

They were interviewed by LE. Honestly, they're probably out clearing easements every work day since that day.

However, here's what these guys (unintentionally) did:

-provided a better view into the Wells' yard including SW's swing (they cut all the way up to the Wells electric pole as this was their job)
    -had extra vehicles and equipment in the area. So, a perp's vehicle (if there was such a thing) might have been assumed by neighbors to be part of their group
    -the noise from their activities may have temporarily run the dogs off although the dogs probably came back after things got quieter
    -possibly provide a place to explore for SW (she could have scooted down; i did things like that as a child)

It's kind of hilarious in a sad way people think the Wells hired landscapers. No, these guys probably didn't even know who lived in that house. They just knew what places the power company said to clear.

Now, it is not impossible they saw something that day that meant nothing at the time, but has been helpful to LE. Idk this to be the case, but I hope so.

Why did the Chers ask about autism? DW probably doesn't know all the nuances of autism, but I would imagine SW has seen pediatricians. Don't they automatically look for that these days?

19. justaparent

justaparent Well-Known Member

IIRC - When the church burned, there were posts indicating it was the Wells’ church. The discussion after that clarified that it was not their church.

20. BlueShoe

BlueShoe Well-Known Member

It depends on the question. If someone says "did your brother have a mole," I would say, "yes, he did." If someone said, "did he like to use the swing," I would say "yes, he did," or "yes, he does," depending. There is not one way to answer. I do think present tense for a lost child indicates more hope. But past tense does not always mean the person thinks the child is dead. Just my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.