AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what does this inconsistency mean?

It can mean a couple of things.

1. IF the door was locked, an abductor would have had to have a key in order to sneak into the basement and wait for Summer to come down.And he would have had to lock the door behind him when he left.
2. IF an abductor knocked on the door and lured Summer out, Summer would have had to have unlock the door from the inside, go out to the abductor, and either he or she would have had to lock the door behind them.
3. IF Summer went outside to play , she would have first had to reach around to the inside knob, lock it, and pull it shut behind her. How likely she would be to do that, I have no idea, but DW does tell us that he constantly had to cuss the boys out for leaving the basement door open.

Have you seen how long and winding the driveway actually is? There is no way she could have seen somebody unless they were walking partway up the driveway. In that case then I think that person would have also been seen. We also have to factor in that she was barefoot.

Having never been to the house, no, I can't say I've seen the driveway. Just videos, which look to me like most of the driveway is visible from at least some part of the yard.

I'm not theorizing that is what happened. Just another thing to wonder about.

Last edited:
Snipped and bolded by me.

The problem I've always had with this theory is that the driveway is clearly visible from the camper and the house. How did Summer manage to walk down to the basement open the door and walk down the driveway within a maximum of 5 minutes without being seen?

Well, I think the timeline given by CW needs to be questioned, even if only because she was a panicked mother. People would have had to be looking out of the trailer or out of the house to see her.

The boys were engaged in watching/playing something involving screen time, IIRC.

CW and CH were in the trailer (apparently, it's hard to believe they were standing in the driveway) and perhaps more time lapsed than CW realized.

But it wouldn't have taken 5 minutes for Summer to walk up to the road, would it? Perhaps she had even done it before. 5 year olds are very exploratory and think they know a lot about the world (when in fact, it's really just their own little world).

It can mean a couple of things.

1. IF the door was locked, an abductor would have had to have a key in order to sneak into the basement and wait for Summer to come down.And he would have had to lock the door behind him when he left.
2. IF an abductor knocked on the door and lured Summer out, Summer would have had to have unlock the door from the inside, go out to the abductor, and either he or she would have had to lock the door behind them.
3. IF Summer went outside to play , she would have first had to reach around to the inside knob, lock it, and pull it shut behind her. How likely she would be to do that, I have no idea, but DW does tell us that he constantly had to cuss the boys out for leaving the basement door open.
So it's possible that one of the boys unlocked the basement door and CW didn't know that happened. That could explain why she said the door was locked.

In my opinion I don't see if we can say for sure if the basement door was locked or unlocked or if Summer or one of the boys unlocked it at some point. That's means I can't come to any conclusions about the inconsistent statements involving the basement door. JMO.

It's getting to be standard operating procedure in many places, though (to withhold the 911 calls until the case is officially closed - FOIA doesn't apply to active, ongoing investigations).

As a result, we see LE waiting very long times, indeed, to officially close a case. This case will likely stay open until Summer is found.
I also considered that it may just be Tennessee SOP as opposed to other states (i.e. Dulce Maria in New Jersey) but LE released Joseph Daniels' 911 call within days of Joe Clyde's disappearance. So maybe it's a county thing or recent changes in policy? IMO if it's simply standard procedure as opposed to protecting critical evidence (which would be what?) then it seems like it's a disservice to the community but of course it's not my call to make. MOO.

I also considered that it may just be Tennessee SOP as opposed to other states (i.e. Dulce Maria in New Jersey) but LE released Joseph Daniels' 911 call within days of Joe Clyde's disappearance. So maybe it's a county thing or recent changes in policy? IMO if it's simply standard procedure as opposed to protecting critical evidence (which would be what?) then it seems like it's a disservice to the community but of course it's not my call to make. MOO.
I did look this up. I posted the link but it might be in the previous thread now. Apparently TN is very open with their 911 tapes and they will typically release them. There’s a list that has all 50 states and their policies that I linked to.

However, I also found this: HB335 | Tennessee 2019-2020 | Public Records - As introduced, designates 911 calls, recordings, and transmissions as confidential except for certain purposes or unless a recorded caller consents to the release of such records. - Amends TCA Title 7, Chapter 86 and Title 10. | TrackBill

which would limit 911 call releases to LE in TN. So I’m not sure which is currently active today.

Well, I think the timeline given by CW needs to be questioned, even if only because she was a panicked mother. People would have had to be looking out of the trailer or out of the house to see her.

The boys were engaged in watching/playing something involving screen time, IIRC.

CW and CH were in the trailer (apparently, it's hard to believe they were standing in the driveway) and perhaps more time lapsed than CW realized.

But it wouldn't have taken 5 minutes for Summer to walk up to the road, would it? Perhaps she had even done it before. 5 year olds are very exploratory and think they know a lot about the world (when in fact, it's really just their own little world).
If she went into the house and down to the basement first as was stated by CW that would be an extra few minutes of time I would imagine. Factor in the time spent talking to her brothers, then I don't believe 5 minutes would be enough time.

Like you say though the timeline of 2mins. at a push 5mins may not be quite accurate and more time could have elapsed. In that scenario then yes I could see that maybe it was possible.

I did look this up. I posted the link but it might be in the previous thread now. Apparently TN is very open with their 911 tapes and they will typically release them. There’s a list that has all 50 states and their policies that I linked to.

However, I also found this: HB335 | Tennessee 2019-2020 | Public Records - As introduced, designates 911 calls, recordings, and transmissions as confidential except for certain purposes or unless a recorded caller consents to the release of such records. - Amends TCA Title 7, Chapter 86 and Title 10. | TrackBill

which would limit 911 call releases to LE in TN. So I’m not sure which is currently active today.
Very interesting, thanks for the link! The latest news I could find on HB335 was from April 2019 when it was put on hold for further review. If it eventually passes it certainly will impact the release of future 911 calls in TN. Although I suspect if it passes it will be challenged by The Tennessee Press Association and Tennessee Association of Broadcasters; both lobbied against the bill.

Clarification on Tonight’s YouTubes:

Approved:
6:45 PM EST
Interview with DW
8:00 PM EST
CM The Interview Room
10:00 PM EST
Part II Sit down
*If DW is a live participant this will be approved. If it is a round table that does not include DW live it will not be approved.*

The rules remain the same: Discuss the content, not the Content Producers (YouTubers).

So it's possible that one of the boys unlocked the basement door and CW didn't know that happened. That could explain why she said the door was locked.

In my opinion I don't see if we can say for sure if the basement door was locked or unlocked or if Summer or one of the boys unlocked it at some point. That's means I can't come to any conclusions about the inconsistent statements involving the basement door. JMO.

According to DD, the boys also told him the doors were locked.

At any rate, I'm not making any determination about whether or not the door was locked or unlocked. I'm simply saying that from my point of view, CW telling both DD and A that the door was locked, and then telling CM that she didn't know if the door was locked or unlocked is an inconsistent statement, meaning it has not stayed the same throughout.

But if the boys were HOME that day and the Dogs were there also, I doubt anyone was in the basement, waiting. IMO
(First version of boys, dogs being home--Per DW & CW )

OR--
If dogs were not there that day (then where were they??)
AND the boys went to work with DW, then maybe someone could have broken in and been waiting in the basement.
(2nd version of boys gone, dogs gone, per DW )

See-- this is a HUGE issue with me-- we cannot get the same version of who was where and when the day Summer went missing.
**The Boys can't be in 2 places same time--they were either home, doing chores per CW and home playing video games- Per DW and CW
OR -- they went to work with DW- per DW **

Also-- Regarding the "her scent being tracked to end of the path" --that Came from DW, NOT LE

I have not seen LE state this and if they have, then I have missed it and would love to see it.

I feel ya on the Twisted Tea -- my friend was drinking some the other night and all I could think of was little Summer missing.
UGH

WHERE IS SUMMER ????
See, nothing they say means anything. It's just a bunch of circles.
Summer is missing.
When did she go missing?

In one of the interviews with CM, CW said that Summer often played outside the back door. Even indicating where she played. That leads me to believe she could come and go out that door whenever she wanted. Personally that would seem to be a more preferable door to use because of not having to maneuver the 'stairs'. Its not inconceivable to me that all the children would take the path of least resistance. Door maybe was left unlocked except at night. Makes more sense to me.

I rewatched CM's Interview with H. Please go rewatch minutes 9-10:10, carefully, without Chris' follow up (because I think he was confused/misunderstood). Tell me if you hear something "new." (I transcribed this word for word and sent it to CM, fyi).

Well, he also mentioned that everything in the home had "shared scents," so if whatever items the dogs smelled had mixed scents on them, their findings may have been inconclusive or not reliable.

He did say he suspected Summer never made it home that day but didn't mention any evidence to support that theory. All he said was that the parents didn't show any emotion whenever he saw them. This was in the very beginning during the first search so it could be that they were still in shock. He never mentions talking to them, only that he "saw" them.

Other than that he didn't give any particular reason why he thought Summer never made it home. Imo
Well he did not sound very convincing to me when I listed to him speak ! And he is certainly not a Tim Miller!
AMO !

In one of the interviews with CM, CW said that Summer often played outside the back door. Even indicating where she played. That leads me to believe she could come and go out that door whenever she wanted. Personally that would seem to be a more preferable door to use because of not having to maneuver the 'stairs'. Its not inconceivable to me that all the children would take the path of least resistance. Door maybe was left unlocked except at night. Makes more sense to me.

But that isn't what her parents tell us. CW says the doors were kept locked, no one in/ no one out , and DW tells us that he cussed the boys out over and over for leaving the door open.

(I have already posted the links to both of those statements. )

My sister used to have a cat that could unlock and open her backdoor from the inside then let himself back in from the outside. I saw this with my own eyes. If a cat can do it then surely SW can figure out how to get out the backdoor.

I have never thought she was taken from the basement or the main yard. I think she was outside walking around somewhere. (If this was an abduction of any kind.)

There's a lot of things that block line of sight in that yard. So if CB and CH were still outside or near CH's camper, they may have just not been able to see.

The boys were inside or off with DW. Either way, they can't see or hear.

That just leaves the dog herd. But, maybe SW had been wandering around outside long enough that some went off to do dog things farther from the house.

My sister used to have a cat that could unlock and open her backdoor from the inside then let himself back in from the outside. I saw this with my own eyes. If a cat can do it then surely SW can figure out how to get out the backdoor.

I have never thought she was taken from the basement or the main yard. I think she was outside walking around somewhere. (If this was an abduction of any kind.)

There's a lot of things that block line of sight in that yard. So if CB and CH were still outside or near CH's camper, they may have just not been able to see.

The boys were inside or off with DW. Either way, they can't see or hear.

That just leaves the dog herd. But, maybe SW had been wandering around outside long enough that some went off to do dog things farther from the house.
and the tree trimmers..

I just wish this all could have started with the truth. I think there is a good chance that the door was unlocked. If Candus was in a panic looking for Summer, she might not remember if she unlocked the door to go out and look for her, or if it was already unlocked. I think Candus did not want to say anything that she might think would reflect on her parenting. Same with the 2-5 minutes, which I don’t believe at all. I think she decided to say what she thought would be acceptable to CPS or anyone scrutinizing what caused Summer to be missing. She did not want them to find fault with her, although she did try to put the watching of Summer on to the boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288