AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel for the searchers. The planners, the people on the ground. They're not without feelings and opinions of their own. As a searcher, like everyone else, you start out with the stated set of facts, and you base your searching, and your attitude you bring to the field, around those beliefs. And then more facts start to emerge (even if you stay mostly out of the planning area and focus on completing your tasks, you hear things), and the facts as you perceive them begin to morph, and maybe you find your perception of what actually went down, and thus what you're trying to accomplish, has changed.

I think a lot about Aliayah Lunsford, and how many people worked tirelessly for days searching for that little girl, who they were told wandered off, and how much of a slap in the face it was to all of them, both trained professionals and untrained local volunteers, who put themselves at risk searching for something they were never going to find.

I'm not saying that's what happened here, that would be presumptuous. But that happens often enough that when you're on the ground on a multi-day search for a child, you have to be wondering, that's all. And maybe if people would start thinking beyond themselves just a little bit more, that kind of thing would happen a little bit less.

Hope those searchers are being taken care of.

I doubt Summer went into the woods unless there was a specific reason, such as special little clearings (secret hideaways) the kids visited. The boys would know about those locations. I could see her becoming lost trying to get there on her own. It’s NOT something I believe happened, I’m just thinking out loud, looking for possible reasons she is missing, even if they are far fetched.

If she is in the woods I believe she was taken there. And in that scenario she would be incredibly difficult to find, at least anytime soon. It isn’t an ending anyone wants to think about.

It does not seem likely that someone in a car pulled up and lured her away. Maybe, if she had wandered far enough along the road to get away from the house (where a random car would not be noticed). Or if a random perv targeted her (due to an online presence?) and carefully planned an abduction. But someone like that would have had a hard time staying invisible as they waited for an opportunity. The hot and sticky forest isn’t a great place to stake out someone.

I do think foul play is the logical explanation. The question is who carried it out and was it intentional or an accident?

Someone knows what happened to Summer.

jmo

ETA. Another possibility is that she was purposely taken someplace and will be “found.” Unlikely but possible.

Last edited:
Watch now: Summer Wells' father talks about his criminal past, convicted sex offender son
Arrested on domestic related charges
"..he called his wife from his sister's home during a party, and he believes his wife heard a female (his sister) laughing in the background and assumed the worst. Mr. wells said his wife then attempted to make him jealous, and he immediately drove back to Hawkins County from Utah..
..he and his wife were able to calm down..they reconciled and agreed they wanted to stay in Tennessee.
..That order of protection, it was just a fight between me and her, and her friends, and her mother. They knew I had the black powder pistol in my glove box, and they used that against me.”"

Eldest son a convicted sex offender living in Utah
"Wells also acknowledged Tuesday that his 34-year-old son Donald Wesley Wells is a convicted sex offender."
"That oldest son was in Utah at the time of Summer's disappearance, Wells said. Wells also said his son's Arkansas offense would have been considered statutory rape in Tennessee because his son was 19 at the time and the “victim” was a girlfriend who was 18 months younger."

Not forthcoming about his record in Utah
“..Utah is a whole different ballgame than Tennessee. That's the Mormon state. I call it the moron state. That's just how I feel.”
“I've had several charges over the years. I used to have... I don't know if I should elaborate on any of that. It's nothing really good. I wasn't really a Christian when I was younger. I found God in prison. I started studying the Bible Intently because I wanted to change.”

This is a long article with much more detail at the link, I've hopefully edited down to 10% TOS
the police have already stated his record is irrelevant so he shouldn't have to be forthcoming but, due to all the people releasing the families records i think he probably felt the need to address his son's. there were many people passing the sons SO status as the fathers and others were convinced the son was the one who had a part in summers disappearance.

the police have already stated his record is irrelevant so he shouldn't have to be forthcoming but, due to all the people releasing the families records i think he probably felt the need to address his son's. there were many people passing the sons SO status as the fathers and others were convinced the son was the one who had a part in summers disappearance.
Yes, hopefully this puts some of those rumors to rest.

WOW, my internet went down around 1am last night and Just got it back around 6am today. How frustrating! I just "knew" something would happen and I would miss it
anyway picking back up, I am going to post a part of the introduction of the book I attempted to discuss. I think it is an important work. and then get caught up here. visine is important also. wink.
When Bad Things Happen to Good People - Kindle (amazon.com)

LOL it won't.
it really won't. people use things like this to make themselves feel better than others and bond by passing judgements. it satisfies something primal within people. it can become more about persecuting and picking a side than finding summer. until LE says so i will not jump on the family. they need our hope as well.

LOL it won't.
I said "some", I think some of the people participating are decent people, they just didn't bother to do the legwork to find the truth and believed whatever they read written by rando's on social media, that he is a registered sex offender, or that his son was swimming with her the day she disappeared.
Southerners are easy targets, I know because I grew up there. I learned, sadly, to speak without my beautiful southern accent to not be judged by stereotype and prejudice. I love the way southerners speak but many people connect a lot of negative assumptions when they hear it.
I realize that the bandwagon of vitriol against Summer's family will still have plenty of participants, no matter what.
It's a distraction to finding out what happened, imo.

it really won't. people use things like this to make themselves feel better than others and bond by passing judgements. it satisfies something primal within people. it can become more about persecuting and picking a side than finding summer. until LE says so i will not jump on the family. they need our hope as well.
I think for some, it comes from fear, people want to believe this will never happen to me because these people are different than me.

I think for some, it comes from fear, people want to believe this will never happen to me because these people are different than me.
most people who have lived a life of trauma would say anything could happen to anyone. and many people should remember that. sure there are statistics that would be a baseline for something that could happen but anomalies also happen and we don't know when or how until its exactly determined. due to how many cases have involved family recently maybe just maybe this is the one that doesn't

I just want to take a moment to sincerely thank all of your Moderators for the tireless, and often thankless , job they do to keep WS running smoothly. I know you guys must sometimes feel frustration with us when we create messes for you to clean up, and I know we sometimes get ticked off when we fail to understand why a post gets taken down or a time out gets issued. But the thing we ALL universally love is this forum and the work we do here. That wouldn't be possible without ALL of us, in all the roles we play. So hat's off to ya, Mods ! You are loved and appreciated.

(Whew...that ought to have earned me a few free pass points. ) ;)

100% ty

I have just been reading silently along, and personally, I don't believe that her immediate family had anything to do with this and that she is out there. I am not sure why there is so much suspicion around the father, given that he was physically not there, and it's only repeating what he was told by his wife. If there's any confusion around the circumstances, in my opinion they can be chalked up to perhaps the mom feels guilty that she wasn't watching Summer completely or paying close attention and didn't realize how long she's been gone, or maybe she spoke harshly to Summer and Summer was upset, etc., or she got in a fight with her brothers...There are a lot of reasons why no one would be able to say exactly say where or when Summer was last seen, many of them innocent, even if they seem neglectful by perfect parents.

On the other hand, having been on this forum for as long as I have, I would not be surprised at any outcome. While nothing seems probable, anything is still possible.

Personally I will continue to hold out hope for this little ray of sunshine as long as I can.

Last edited:
I have just been reading silently along, and personally, I don't believe that her immediate family had anything to do with this and that she is out there. I am not sure why there is so much suspicion around the father, given that he was physically not there, and it's only repeating what he was told by his wife. If there's any confusion around the circumstances, in my opinion they can be chalked up to perhaps the mom feels guilty that she wasn't watching Summer completely or paying close attention and didn't realize how long she's been gone, or maybe she spoke harshly to Summer and Summer was upset, etc., or she got in a fight with her brothers...There are a lot of reasons why no one would be able to say exactly say where or when Summer was last seen, many of them innocent.

On the other hand, having been on this forum for as long as I have, I would not be surprised at any outcome. While nothing seems probable, anything is still possible.

Personally I will continue to hold out hope for this little ray of sunshine as long as I can.

Even though it seems impossible right now I also hold out hope that Summer is alive.

Even though it seems impossible right now I also hold out hope that Summer is alive.

I want to feel hopeful, but honestly, I don't. All I feel is anger, depression and dread. And an almost unbearable sadness. I think I've hit the point where I may have to step away for awhile and get myself balanced.

This man needs to be left alone. He’s guilty if he talks and he’s guilty if he stays quiet. He is doing the best he knows. His child is missing.

If he wasn’t addressing the criminal records everyone would be throwing shade at him, but then he addresses it and everyone tells him to shut up. Come on.

Someone really needs to step up and HELP this family navigate this situation when it comes to social media, MSM and public opinion. This is brutal. This is ANOTHER tragedy waiting to happen. Mom and dad are already on the ground, wounded, and the crowd keeps punching and stepping on them. Absolutely disgusting.

This man needs to be left alone. He’s guilty if he talks and he’s guilty if he stays quiet. He is doing the best he knows. His child is missing.

If he wasn’t addressing the criminal records everyone would be throwing shade at him, but then he addresses it and everyone tells him to shut up. Come on.

Someone really needs to step up and HELP this family navigate this situation when it comes to social media, MSM and public opinion. This is brutal. This is ANOTHER tragedy waiting to happen. Mom and dad are already on the ground, wounded, and the crowd keeps punching and stepping on them. Absolutely disgusting.

I can only assume you are referring to social media, because no one here is attacking him. I shun sm comments like they are the plague. That kind of mob mentality makes me lose my faith in humanity. That's a price I'm not willing to pay...and for what ? A bunch of rumors by people who think (or pretend ) they know anything about anything, when in fact, they don't even know how to conduct themselves like feeling, thinking human beings.

Pass.

OK so if Summer WAS abducted by someone, I'm trying to think through the situation. I am curious where she and her family had been in the days and even weeks leading up to the disappearance. Is it someone who saw her out somewhere, followed them home, watched and waited for an opportunity? I am thinking of Jayme Closs - seen randomly at a bus stop, and the killer plans and waits to come back for her in the middle of the night. Now broad daylight is more brazen, but to follow up on my last post, let's say Mom and Grandma weren't planting flowers and were actually not home (I am not saying that's true, just hypothesizing). This person sees an opportunity and pounces on it.

The only sticking point is they said they tracked down and talked to drivers of all cars seen on video around this time. Could someone give them a false alibi though? Or perhaps this person took her on foot through the woods - less likely IMO but I supposed possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆