AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even when dad was on camera, there were so many comments on here of people tearing apart everything he was saying and saying he should stop talking so much.

Respectfully , I haven't seen anyone tearing the father apart here. I have seen people commenting that they were puzzled by some of his comments. I'm puzzled by some of his comments and I've said so. Being victim friendly doesn't mean that we can't point out when something doesn't make sense to us. Also, the comments posters made saying that he should just stop talking now were in reference to his domestic assault arrest and his son's SO arrest. He wasn't talking about Summer, he was defending himself and his son. Granted, he had every right to do that , but many of us just felt like it took the focus off of Summer.

This is all just my opinion, and if other posters see it differently, I'm fine with that. But we have a very good moderation team, and if anyone were tearing DW apart, I guarantee you, our mods would quickly put a stop to it.

Just to clarify, because things get muddled together after a while...

TBI has been asking people to check thier property/outbuildings since the 6/16 press conference.

Same press conference where Leslie stated "last seen outside of her home in the 100 block of Ben Hill Rd"

This is the press conference which followed the elevation from Endangered to Amber (state wide). When asked to expand on the reasons behind the elevation, Leslie stated she can't get into specifics however they had reason to believe Summer was in imminent danger. Not just, "hey, keep an eye out because she may be in danger". Rather, "we need to find her right now and we're sending an alert across the entire state".

Point is, they aren't now asking people to check their property because of new information. They have been asking from the beginning.

When that video was recorded the sheriff states that Summer was last seen wearing "bright? grey pants and a blue shirt." (@ 0.50 seconds) Later, as we all know it's been reported that her shirt was pink. No big deal but I just noticed. It could have been an error on his part or someone else's part. Who knows.

Respectfully , I haven't seen anyone tearing the father apart here. I have seen people commenting that they were puzzled by some of his comments. I'm puzzled by some of his comments and I've said so. Being victim friendly doesn't mean that we can't point out when something doesn't make sense to us. Also, the comments posters made saying that he should just stop talking now were in reference to his domestic assault arrest and his son's SO arrest. He wasn't talking about Summer, he was defending himself and his son. Granted, he had every right to do that , but many of us just felt like it took the focus off of Summer.

This is all just my opinion, and if other posters see it differently, I'm fine with that. But we have a very good moderation team, and if anyone were tearing DW apart, I guarantee you, our mods would quickly put a stop to it.

But, with all due respect... I understand your point but... that is how attention is removed from the child and placed onto the parent instead. (By talking to the media or pleading to the masses.) It was the reporter who brought up the subjects that the father ended up addressing. He didn't ask to be interviewed about his criminal past. Rather, each time he agreed to speak to a reporter about his missing daughter (or so I suspect he thought) the subject that the reporters chose to interview him about was about him instead.

When that video was recorded the sheriff states that Summer was last seen wearing "bright? grey pants and a blue shirt." (@ 0.50 seconds) Later, as we all know it's been reported that her shirt was pink. No big deal but I just noticed. It could have been an error on his part or someone else's part. Who knows.
I also remember the bottoms being reported as grey shorts. I am sure information was flowing fast and the efforts were intense to get that out there.

Gotta keep my hands (and hopefully my mind) busy and take a little break tonight. I read somewhere that Summer's favorite color is purple so working on a purple animal shelter blanket.

Thinking of little Summer and hoping tomorrow will be a day of answers for this sweet girl.

Attachments

• PXL_20210626_025252648.jpg
    PXL_20210626_025252648.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 96
The latest on missing 5-year-old Summer Moon-Utah Wells

I haven’t read COMPLETELY through the entire 49 pages of replies regarding this Missing Person/ Amber Alert, so if my question has been previously discussed, I apologize. I thought it odd that when the father was recounting Summer’s movement (i.e. picking flowers with her grandmother and mother, saying she wanted to go inside and play, mother going to the basement, etc.) that he stated, “And the boys were on the internet of course, and she wanted to go downstairs and play with her toys. So when her mother [came] in and she says, ‘Summer’ and she went down into the basement and she didn’t answer. So she went down there and she was gone.” It is odd to me that he used the terms “...she was gone”. Why did he assume she was “gone”, especially noting that she was believed to be within a structure (the basement) instead of a free roam area such as a yard or field? I would assume that I would say, “She wasn’t there.” if I were in that predicament. I am only attempting to flag oddities and sort through them. Thoughts?

But, with all due respect... I understand your point but... that is how attention is removed from the child and placed onto the parent instead. (By talking to the media or pleading to the masses.) It was the reporter who brought up the subjects that the father ended up addressing. He didn't ask to be interviewed about his criminal past. Rather, each time he agreed to speak to a reporter about his missing daughter (or so I suspect he thought) the subject that the reporters chose to interview him about was about him instead.

I hear you. My personal feelings are that the reporter asked legitimate questions, given the nature of the arrests. Domestic violence and SO arrests are a concern to me when a 5 year old girl, who was living in the home, suddenly goes missing. That doesn't mean that I think DW did anything to his daughter, but the environment she was living in is a concern. I did have feelings about how DW expressed himself when explaining what happened during the domestic assault arrest...things like "we just weren't communicating well" and " she was trying to make me jealous ' and " she apologized to me ", etc. etc. It just came off to me as though he was minimalizing the incident or just doesn't consider domestic assault to be that big of a deal. Which was also concerning to me with respect to a child living in that kind of environment. And the story he gave about his son's SO charge and conviction didn't make any sense what-so-ever. So yeah, I guess I just felt like he wasn't doing himself any favors, and he wasn't helping Summer, so he probably SHOULD have just stopped talking.

Again, this is all just my opinion , and I am in no way shape or form saying that any of this is any kind of indication that DW did anything to his daughter. I'm just saying that it wasn't very helpful.

I think a person with a fragile ego often takes criticisms harshly and place a high value on the approval of others.
I also think a person with a fragile ego would find it extremely difficult to report a tragic accident because they would fear judgement. They would go to great lengths to protect themselves.

unless the house just smells, generally and due to AC the smell is not that strong yet. JMO

If the child had been dead since the 15th of June there would not be a strong odor? I respectfully disagree.
ETA: Unfortunately, my own central AC is not working and I have 2 window units and they're just not nearly as effective with cooling down a house. I'm not going to go into the decomposition process but I feel certain the odor would not be masked.

The latest on missing 5-year-old Summer Moon-Utah Wells

I haven’t read COMPLETELY through the entire 49 pages of replies regarding this Missing Person/ Amber Alert, so if my question has been previously discussed, I apologize. I thought it odd that when the father was recounting Summer’s movement (i.e. picking flowers with her grandmother and mother, saying she wanted to go inside and play, mother going to the basement, etc.) that he stated, “And the boys were on the internet of course, and she wanted to go downstairs and play with her toys. So when her mother [came] in and she says, ‘Summer’ and she went down into the basement and she didn’t answer. So she went down there and she was gone.” It is odd to me that he used the terms “...she was gone”. Why did he assume she was “gone”, especially noting that she was believed to be within a structure (the basement) instead of a free roam area such as a yard or field? I would assume that I would say, “She wasn’t there.” if I were in that predicament. I am only attempting to flag oddities and sort through them. Thoughts?
Since he was verified as being at work, I think that story came from the mom or grandma. I don't think the father knows exactly what happened at all. IMO

If the child had been dead since the 15th of June there would not be a strong odor? I respectfully disagree.
I hate even considering the prospect. A body in a freezer would not decompose fast. I am sure LE has searched the house. Some septic tanks have covers that can be easily removed. I don't know how well the odor would be masked or if a dog could detect it once something is thrown in. The tank would have to be drained to see the bottom.

Since he was verified as being at work, I think that story came from the mom or grandma. I don't think the father knows exactly what happened at all. IMO

With all due respect, do we know that it's been verified that he was at work ? I mean, it's certainly possible , LE would certainly know, but LE has never commented on that.

I agree when I have watched and read the MSM reports, they bring up his past to him or insert it in the end of a newer story they have published. I am confused about it really. You think that they would ask questions about small things that could help anyone recognize Summer.
Little things, like skipping instead of just walking, she sure seems full of energy. Videos of her laughing or talking to recognize her voice? You just think they would talk more about Summer!
JMO

ETA: Unfortunately, my own central AC is not working and I have 2 window units and they're just not nearly as effective with cooling down a house. I'm not going to go into the decomposition process but I feel certain the odor would not be masked.
I would agree. Window units dont circulate as much air and the summer heat and humidity is upon us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong