AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
At 25:18 DW talked about Summer sleeping in bed with him and CB. He tells the story almost verbatim as what he's said in other interviews, which is a little creepy. Right down to her foot being under him.

At 41:55 DW again talks about Summer only wanting him for the first 18 months of her life. No matter how open minded I try to be it's impossible to believe that a child that young would reject their mother and only want their father - father who says he was working most of the time.

My grandson is almost 5 months. I can't imagine him rejecting my daughter and crying for his daddy. Nope. At 3 or 4 years, maybe but not as an infant.

rsbm

Talking about Summer sleeping with them was the only time he cried. Like the only time he realized how much he misses her is when he recalls sleeping with her. When asked what the "night before" was like, instead of answering that, he goes on a tangent about how she was begging to sleep with them after they told her she has to sleep in her own bed.....<modsnip>

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know.... my youngest preferred his daddy over me as long as his dad was home. When his dad was at work, he was content with me taking care of him, usually. But if he was sick or especially tired, or if his dad was working very late hours, he would cry for him. I wasn't too put off by it, really, it was nice for me to have some "me" time occasionally.

I don't know.... my youngest preferred his daddy over me as long as his dad was home. When his dad was at work, he was content with me taking care of him, usually. But if he was sick or especially tired, or if his dad was working very late hours, he would cry for him. I wasn't too put off by it, really, it was nice for me to have some "me" time occasionally.
But how did you even know that your child at only 4 or 5 months old was crying specifically for his father? My point was that birth to 18 months seems a strange time for a child to prefer a father over their main caretaker - mom. Not just prefer dad but also reject mom.

I certainly understand closeness with an older child and especially a male child bonding with their dad. My older grandson loves to do activities with his dad. Until he scrapes a knee or stubs his toe then he wants his mom. IOW he needs and wants both his parents.

But for Summer to only want DW as he's said at least twice now if not more seems to be an exaggeration on DW's part. Why is it so important to him to tell people that Summer wanted him and rejected Candus? My husband would never do that.

At 41:55 DW again talks about Summer only wanting him for the first 18 months of her life. No matter how open minded I try to be it's impossible to believe that a child that young would reject their mother and only want their father - father who says he was working most of the time.

My grandson is almost 5 months. I can't imagine him rejecting my daughter and crying for his daddy. Nope. At 3 or 4 years, maybe but not as an infant.

Snipped by me. This doesn't sound that strange to me. My son stayed with me while his father went to work. He saw me constantly. When his father came home, my son would spend nearly every moment before bedtime with him. I imagine a daughter would be even more glued to a working father. Also, my son's first words were Dada, Papa, Nana... and finally Momma. I think he had no need to learn to say Momma because I was always there. He needed to learn the other names first to communicate about them. I could be wrong, but this statement that DW has made about Summer's attachment to him does not seem strange at all.

I don't see how DW can say that his sister, step sister and other family doesn't know CW and has never met her.
I thought CW and DW met thru his sisters in Arkansas.

DW and CW didn't meet through his step-sisters. They met through his step-daughters from his first marriage -- his ex-wife's daughters.

Snipped by me. This doesn't sound that strange to me. My son stayed with me while his father went to work. He saw me constantly. When his father came home, my son would spend nearly every moment before bedtime with him. I imagine a daughter would be even more glued to a working father. Also, my son's first words were Dada, Papa, Nana... and finally Momma. I think he had no need to learn to say Momma because I was always there. He needed to learn the other names first to communicate about them. I could be wrong, but this statement that DW has made about Summer's attachment to him does not seem strange at all.
But did your son 'reject' you at 3 and 4 months old? That is the part that sounds odd to me.

(566) Don Wells Interview on Summer Wells Missing Case Exclusive - YouTube

DW hasn't seen DD from the church in a long time,
I have been wondering what happened to him for about 2 months now.

I also wondered where DD was. In this interview, DW said that DD met a Baptist woman and went off with her, and now he (DD) goes to a Baptist church.

It seemed to me that the Behavior Panel interviewers were quite interested in DD. They kept bringing him back up. I wonder if they watched DD's YT interview and that piqued their interest...it would be interesting to hear their analysis of that.

IMO He's Summer's father and her mom (Candus) was burned big time by opening up herself and home to YouTube. She's probably done completely talking to social media. Grandma is not going to talk to social media or the news. That leaves DW, the other adult and father as the mouthpiece and public advocate for his daughter. So he talks, often times too much, but he talks nevertheless. IMO
The one who throws shade at his SA victims,and blames them for it. Sorry but they bring it on themselves. He wasn't even there to begin with. Then the stunt they pulled pretending He got arrested/abducted. I'm sorry no way to justify standing by,and hiding behind someone who only admits to the SA once the cat is out of the bag,then they continue to act heinously toward the SA Victims. I don't trust any of them. Every interview it just gets worse. Not because of social media,or YouTube but because of their own words,and actions. MOO

The one who throws shade at his SA victims,and blames them for it. Sorry but they bring it on themselves. He wasn't even there to begin with. Then the stunt they pulled pretending He got arrested/abducted. I'm sorry no way to justify standing by,and hiding behind someone who only admits to the SA once the cat is out of the bag,then they continue to act heinously toward the SA Victims. I don't trust any of them. Every interview it just gets worse. Not because of social media,or YouTube but because of their own words,and actions. MOO

Ya’ll will have to carry on minus me in the SA talk. If LE arrests DW for such crimes then I hope the full extent of the law comes down on him. Otherwise for me this has nothing to do with Summer. I feel like any defense of DW is countered with blanket SA statements. It’s the default. IMO

Ya’ll will have to carry on minus me in the SA talk. If LE arrests DW for such crimes then I hope the full extent of the law comes down on him. Otherwise for me this has nothing to do with Summer. I feel like any defense of DW is countered with blanket SA statements. It’s the default. IMO
In fairness, in the interview we're currently discussing Don told the interviewers that one theory he has is that his stepsisters, helped by other family members, may have taken Summer to keep her safe because they believe the "horrific lies" the stepsisters told about SA. (65:59). He actually listed it as a theory when asked.

Donald W. himself has now brought in the SA allegations as being possibly connected to Summer's disappearance. He's accusing his stepsisters of allegedly abducting her. So he's now made it (the SA) about Summer.

DW: i feel like this whole thing my

65:59

stepsisters could be behind this with

66:01

these horrific lies everything else

66:04

and maybe they believed my daughter was

66:06

in danger maybe they actually believe

66:08

this i don't know

66:10

i don't know what's going on i wish i

66:12

did

66:13

Interviewers: do you think they may have her keeping

66:15

her safe what do you believe
DW: i don't

66:17

know this is just one of the theories

66:19

that i have and the way that everything

66:21

In fairness, in the interview we're currently discussing Don told the interviewers that one theory he has is that his stepsisters, helped by other family members, may have taken Summer to keep her safe because they believe the "horrific lies" the stepsisters told about SA. (65:59). He actually listed it as a theory when asked.

Donald W. himself has now brought in the SA allegations as being possibly connected to Summer's disappearance. He's accusing his stepsisters of allegedly abducting her. So he's now made it (the SA) about Summer.

this i don't know

did

Yes. He's pointing the finger right at them, but don't dare dream of thinking DW is not on the level. MOO

But did your son 'reject' you at 3 and 4 months old? That is the part that sounds odd to me.

My middlest would scream and fight the bottle if I was feeding him, but instantly calm down for his father. The preference lasted until adolescence, basically, though not as intensely.

There was postpartum depression involved.

I would not have described it to a stranger as "rejected," but that's because I don't confide in strangers. To myself, that was a term I used.

Dated today. More at the link, including a statement from Sheriff Lawson that the dogs lost Summer's trail at the road. Lawson says he believes the neighbor hearing a scream was unfounded. No suspects have been ruled out and they're still looking for the red Tacoma.

Don Wells invited WVLT to come to his home in Rogersville to show in detail what he thinks happened to his daughter.

Wells says he believes someone came through a wooded trail near the family home and took Summer.

”We don’t know if someone was waiting in the basement or if she come outside here and went to the swing or possibly back up there to grandma’s. We don’t know. All we know is that she went down the basement. That’s the only thing we know. To play with her toys,” shared Wells.

He said the basement door at their home was typically left open or unlocked.
“Well I think whoever grabbed her probably had her mouth covered, and I think she was gasping for air by the time she got somewhere down here because our neighbor heard a scream. A really funny scream and she’s been telling us that all along,” says Wells.

Father of missing five-year-old Summer Wells shows trail where he believes his daughter went missing

this i don't know

did

Okay, to clarify, DW says his theory is that his stepsister's may have taken Summer to protect her from his SA:

"and maybe they believed my daughter was in danger, maybe they actually believe this , i don't know..."

His step sisters have accused him publicly of SA of them when they were young. So if he is now saying they 'actually believed it' and then kidnapped Summer to save her from him...:eek:

Doesn't his own theory prove that his stepsisters were telling the truth then?

Dated today. More at the link, including a statement from Sheriff Lawson that the dogs lost Summer's trail at the road. Lawson says he believes the neighbor hearing a scream was unfounded. No suspects have been ruled out and they're still looking for the red Tacoma.

Don Wells invited WVLT to come to his home in Rogersville to show in detail what he thinks happened to his daughter.

Wells says he believes someone came through a wooded trail near the family home and took Summer.

”We don’t know if someone was waiting in the basement or if she come outside here and went to the swing or possibly back up there to grandma’s. We don’t know. All we know is that she went down the basement. That’s the only thing we know. To play with her toys,” shared Wells.

“Well I think whoever grabbed her probably had her mouth covered, and I think she was gasping for air by the time she got somewhere down here because our neighbor heard a scream. A really funny scream and she’s been telling us that all along,” says Wells.

Father of missing five-year-old Summer Wells shows trail where he believes his daughter went missing
The sheriff couldn't remember whether or not the scream was unfounded? It sounds like he isn't interested in this case, dismissing it as being "a couple months ago." If Summer is the only missing child in Hawkins County, shouldn't he know the details of her case?

The sheriff couldn't remember whether or not the scream was unfounded? It sounds like he isn't interested in this case, dismissing it as being "a couple months ago." If Summer is the only missing child in Hawkins County, shouldn't he know the details of her case?
I think it is the Homicide Investigators that know all of those details about the scream and the timeline. The Sheriff is more of a 'big picture' administrator type job than the one investigating the details of the case.

I think it is the Homicide Investigators that know all of those details about the scream and the timeline. The Sheriff is more of a 'big picture' administrator type job than the one investigating the details of the case.
That is a good point, but this is such a rural area that he should know the details well enough to be sure of the facts in an interview. It doesn't feel me with confidence.

I am going back to the "social media rumors", what are these the "rumors"? In general terms.

I know they can't tell us everything they are doing. I get that.

But, if they are going to repeatedly make a statement they should clarify it just a bit.

Is it the drug thing? The moonshine thing (which i scarcely believe because liquor stores exist)? The scream (which, i guess, the sheriff doesn't believe)?

Do they just not want any discussion on this case at all? What?

I don't know where this stupid truck is. I thought i found one, but it turned out to be a Ford.

I know I've said it before but I'll say it again. These are the sort of statements that have me scratching my head. Candus claims she went down to the basement to look for Summer and freaked out when she wasn't there. Why, if the basement door was "typically unlocked or open"?

Also, it's now gone to, "was typically unlocked or open"? Didn't Candus say the doors were usually locked "no-one in, no-one out"?

She made a point in her interview with Chris to lock the basement door.

Now he's floating the possibility that maybe she could have gone back up to Gma's...How is that possible without being seen by anyone in the family?

Don't even get me started on his theory about CM and step-sisters taking her :confused:o_O.

He's still making zero sense and needs to shut up talking until he has something of worth to add. All he needs to do is get on MSM and plead for his daughter's safe return, instead of muddying the waters with every interview IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong