AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Summer was taken for an unpaid drug debt?

I had the same exact thought.
Especially after seeing CW react to the phrase almost as if it has a personal, very negative meaning to her.
I do think she was already on a downward spiral from the questions (as others have suggested) but it's hard to miss her specific facial expression going quite sour, at the timing of the of mention of the "cornbread mafia".

jmo

Thank you!
The whole time two- five mins. outside planting flowers, inside the trailer fixing the brace, wait outside on the porch. Candus called him at 5:30 but 911 wasn't called till 6:30.
I had the same exact thought.
Especially after seeing CW react to the phrase almost as if it has a personal, very negative meaning to her.
I do think she was already on a downward spiral from the questions (as others have suggested) but it's hard to miss her specific facial expression going quite sour, at the timing of the of mention of the "cornbread mafia".

jmo
Does anyone else remember H saying something about the drug dealer? In his interview with CM.

The following are my own thoughts, ideas and opinions based on my own feelings:

Yes, they should be grateful for the publicity and probably are, but it must still be an extremely stressful situation. Every word out of their mouths has been scrutinized and CBW probably feels immense pressure to say the “right things”, to remember all the suggestions that have been given, the criticisms that she’s read, etc as she tries to get help finding her child.

My heart aches for her and her situation. Imagining that my child had vanished and I was trying to communicate effectively enough to get help, but being extremely emotional and just am not able to find the words to clearly convey what I want to say makes me feel panicked even now. Being in that situation for real, having been criticized and ridiculed, knowing that people are just waiting for her to make a mistake must make it hard to breath. Just the fact that she is there at all says a lot to me.

If the Cornbread Mafia bit did push her over the edge it may be because she’s hanging onto the hope that Summer was abducted by someone that really wanted a little girl of their own, someone who is taking care of her needs and giving her a good life. Mention of the mafia would bring back the realty that in all likelihood a girl taken by them would be forced into the sex trade and horribly abused.

Yes, not everyone really understands the differences between the terms 'abduction' and 'kidnapping. '

My husband is a writer and a wordsmith. He is very particular about using the correct terminology. I just asked him the difference between the 2 words and he didn't think there was any.

Kidnapping is the taking away of a person by force, threat, or deceit, with intent to cause him or her to be detained against his or her will. ... Abduction is the unlawful interference with a family relationship, such as the taking of a child from its parent, irrespective of whether the person abducted consents or not.

Kidnapping v. Abduction
https://kidnapping.uslegal.com › kidnapping-v-abduction

I agree with your husband, and I was in fact not only surprised by the question, I was surprised at the panelists' seeming objection to the term "kidnapping", being that it sounded to me from the context as if they were complaining that it's not a kidnapping unless there's a ransom demand (? didn't one of the men say the use of the word implies a quid pro quo or exchange? to me that was ransom, and I know that isn't true, or else people would never say "kidnapped and held for ransom/kidnapped for ransom", which they do often).

The following are my own thoughts, ideas and opinions based on my own feelings:

Yes, they should be grateful for the publicity and probably are, but it must still be an extremely stressful situation. Every word out of their mouths has been scrutinized and CBW probably feels immense pressure to say the “right things”, to remember all the suggestions that have been given, the criticisms that she’s read, etc as she tries to get help finding her child.
I don’t mean this sarcastically at all, but could you point out to me how CW specifically has tried to get help finding her child?

The whole time two- five mins. outside planting flowers, inside the trailer fixing the brace, wait outside on the porch. Candus called him at 5:30 but 911 wasn't called till 6:30.

Does anyone else remember H saying something about the drug dealer? In his interview with CM.

[snipped by me]

If the Cornbread Mafia bit did push her over the edge it may be because she’s hanging onto the hope that Summer was abducted by someone that really wanted a little girl of their own, someone who is taking care of her needs and giving her a good life. Mention of the mafia would bring back the realty that in all likelihood a girl taken by them would be forced into the sex trade and horribly abused.

I mashed these two things together in my mind, my assumption being that if the "cornbread mafia" was the trigger, that Candus thinks/fears Summer was taken in exchange for a big unpaid bill for drugs.

Of course YMMV and IMO.

That was weed growing back in the 70's. No doubt it still goes on, but what would this have to do with CW?

Wasn't there a back and forth that DW made a trip to Kentucky after Summer went missing?

My ex husband big time reader, subscriber of High Time magazine had a book about this. That's why I thought my mom was confused.

Could any of this have to do with Rose missing?
Hmmm.
Wonder if there's any connection ?
Imo.

I don’t mean this sarcastically at all, but could you point out to me how CW specifically has tried to get help finding her child?
IIRC, She has spoken with the police numerous times, she spoke with whatever YT-er that was and invited him into her home, and now she has gone on Dr Phil. She may have done many other things but these are what I can remember as I stepped away from this case for awhile. She definitely has drawn national attention to the case as has DW, maybe not in a positive way, but attention non-the-less.

So the timeline (inward groan)...

Don is still saying Candus called him at 5.30 and in the next sentence he's saying he told Candus to call 911 and he himself called them (while on the road - new).

Again we're back to the old question - How is that possible, when the 911 call log clearly states the 911 call came in at 6.29 or thereabouts?
EXACTLY!!
Another inconsistency in their stories.

I think she was stung by the whole interview, and that she experienced it as an interrogation, not an interview. I can understand why she would be upset and want to leave, I don't think it had to do with the specific questions at the time she became quite upset, I think it was the entire gist of the questioning.
Well, not to be argumentive but if she felt that way, she should NOT have agreed to do the interview then.
We have a choice and she chose to do this knowing from past experience that certain questions would be asked.
She doesn't have to answer, she doesn't even have to be there.
I believe she was bothered by the questions right before the Mafia question.
JMO

Last edited:
Hmmm.
Wonder if there's any connection ?
Imo.
@TTF14 and I wondered as well.

Txt from my ex said he has the book to lend me. It was a bunch of Vietnam Vets who figured the latitude or parallel to the Hindu Kush mountains was Kentucky. Brilliant operation says the ex.

Says sure there were probably some murders back then but child napping? No way. Bigger things to worry about now like meth, fetty and such. A whole new ballgame.

So if younger folks picked up the business trade and are dealing with these drugs? Very good chance you owe them or broke the code of silence they'd maybe take your kid. All speculation.

Those Veterans never called themselves that name. I think the ex said the Feds dubbed them that.

None of that will help find Summer. However now I wonder about that possible Kentucky trip and how does DW a felon keep dodging the law?

There's no rational reason to connect Summer's disappearance to any "cornbread mafia" syndicate. The 74-year old leader was a fugitive for years and caught in 2016 then plead guilty in 2017. The syndicate itself was busted up in the late 1980's.

I can't imagine why the behavior panel men even brought it up as it makes no sense. IMO.

Cornbread Mafia leader Johnny Boone pleads guilty in federal court

From what was stated in the show segment (I don't have the time reference, sorry) it's a phrase referring to the local TN organized crime, not the actual group you've mentioned. It's now known as a more general term. Anyway that's the way I understood it.

A good question.
This is one of the saddest and darkest cases many of us have followed on WS.
Poor little Summer.

There were opportunities to put up flyers during DW and CBW's vacation to LA, and speak to people, and show them Summer's photo ?
Press conferences with LE to speak publicly about the timeline and have LE verify it.
Pay for some billboards with Summer's photo ?
Many opportunities that could be utilized with the national attention they're receiving.
Stressing the need to be thankful, as this attention won't last forever.
It will fade away as time passes.
Every little effort helps.

When in another missing young person's case I followed that ended sadly, Chelsea King's parents did everything they could-- including going door to door with photos and flyers and her parents made many public pleas in the 48 hour episode.

It's sad but as time goes on, an organization such as NAMUS or NCMEC will have to put up an age-progressed photo of Summer. :(
MOO.

Last edited:
What exactly is an "ACCIDENTAL Abduction "" ???

I mean, how does one abduct someone "accidentally" ??

I honestly have never heard that before and just wondering.
I assume they mean unplanned. So someone who just came upon Summer by accident and and then decided to take her, but hadn't been specifically targeting her. But it is a weird way to phrase it.

I mashed these two things together in my mind, my assumption being that if the "cornbread mafia" was the trigger, that Candus thinks/fears Summer was taken in exchange for a big unpaid bill for drugs.

Of course YMMV and IMO.
But, it has been mentioned that drug of choice was weed.
Didn't CW go to cannibus store with grandma, H and SW that day??? Per H and CW in interview with CM and others.
So no need for a dealer unless some other type of drug was being used, which in that case, opens up a whole other can of worms, IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23