AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
The part where a still of CBW’s anguished face was enlarged and dissected struck me as very distasteful, given she’s not charged or even named as a POI. Maybe that’s just typical for the show - I don’t watch it. I don’t have much sympathy for either parent, but that portion just seemed wildly inappropriate. JMO.

I’m very curious that Dr. Phil is talking about a timeline. What timeline is he referring to? He hasn’t said when he believes Summer disappeared or how long they were home. I’m finding it hard to believe LE would confirm a timeline to him but maybe they did?

I’m very curious that Dr. Phil is talking about a timeline. What timeline is he referring to? He hasn’t said when he believes Summer disappeared or how long they were home. I’m finding it hard to believe LE would confirm a timeline to him but maybe they did?
I mean, maybe...

CB uploaded a TikTok video around 3-3:30 (i don't remember the time). Maybe they confirmed she was near the tower that serves her house when she did this? Idk...

For some reason I do not think the neighbor is very reliable.
I have been wondering why some of this had not been mentioned more in the beginning.

One thing she mention on this interview, she said that around 6:30 she went to the end of her driveway to do some gardening.
Then she heard CW calling for SW and dropped her purse and went to CW to help. Why would you take your purse with you to garden?
I never take a purse with me to work in the garden and I don't know anyone else that does.

Her stories seem to get more elaborated over time.
Have something valuable in it that kids shouldn’t have? Like a smoke

All right, i see why they have been going through some things emotionally since this was filmed. Of course, there is just no way they could be interviewed on this case and it not be heart-rending.

Maybe CB isn't reacting to "cornbread mafia", but just the word "mafia". Btw, don't take this as me saying therefore the mafia did this. I am just saying, maybe the term "mafia" is one she knows the meaning of while throwing the word "cornbread" in front of it sounds like a joke. So, that is a messed up phrase to keep being confronted by.

This being said, I am sure she knows someone who is not strictly law-abiding. But, some random person versus organized crime (no matter what you may call it) is two different things to think about.

Until yesterday, i never heard the term "cornbread mafia". DW directly said more than once that he never heard of it. These guys need to stop trying to make fetch happen, imo (movie reference, last sentence).
They said the cornbread are many states down to Georgia.

I am not a fan of these parents, but the "lie detectors" did not ring true with me. CB is likely medicated (self or medical) and her reactions cannot be evaluated and scrutinized the way they were. I have never felt sorry for this mother bc of her lifestyle, however, when she said "I just want to go home", the anguish couldn't be denied. Guilty/Innocent/Accident - this woman is a mess.

I am not a fan of these parents, but the "lie detectors" did not ring true with me. CB is likely medicated (self or medical) and her reactions cannot be evaluated and scrutinized the way they were. I have never felt sorry for this mother bc of her lifestyle, however, when she said "I just want to go home", the anguish couldn't be denied. Guilty/Innocent/Accident - this woman is a mess.
I personally believe we’ve seen that CW uses drugs/alcohol to cope with daily life and dull the pain she’s experiencing. She’s allowed DW to do all the interviews and field the questions, so if she’s medicated constantly, she may not be actively processing this for the large part. So when she does have questions to answer we see all the pain she probably isn’t dealing with. JMO.

They probably have been interrogated by LE. Maybe that is why CB fears it again. I mean, idk, but i wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

I'm going to watch the episode soon. As for Dr. Phil, he does have the education and, i think, he used to practice. But, after becoming a media personality, is no longer licensed to practice. I have only watched a few episodes of his over the years and I think they really vary depending on the subject. I don't have TV service either, so this is mostly from years ago.

Idk if anyone can be called a "human lie detector". That seems like an oversell even if the person is very, very good at detecting lies.

ETA: the last one i watched was when he had the Schofields on, they're the divorced parent of the so-called "childhood schizophrenic" Janie Schoefield (who does not have schizophrenia, also it is impossible to have schizophrenia as a young child because it requires a certain level of brain development). He had her on when she was a child as the "child schizophrenic". That is a terribly sad case.
Even lie detectors can't be called lie detectors. There is a reason they aren't admissible in court.

They said the cornbread are many states down to Georgia.
They said Tennessee and Georgia. The Cornbread Mafia was from Kentucky. So, who knows what they are talking about.

I have never heard of this. DW hasn't heard of this.

Whatever these people are called, i don't think it is "cornbread mafia". Scott needs to show me some receipts.

I know that is the title of a book about those guys in the 80s. I don't think they're talking about those guys.

What are these guys really called is what i wonder. DW said "hillbilly mafia", but i don't know if that is how these people self identify or just a term that means rednecks doing crime.

I know it is East Tennessee, but not everyone doing crime in Tennessee is from Tennessee. Or Georgia. Or Kentucky. So, maybe not "hillbillies".

The criminals could be from anywhere. They could be calling themselves anything. There are two interstates near SW's house and an airport. If we're talking organized crime, Scott, then let's talk.

They said Tennessee and Georgia. The Cornbread Mafia was from Kentucky. So, who knows what they are talking about.

I have never heard of this. DW hasn't heard of this.

Whatever these people are called, i don't think it is "cornbread mafia". Scott needs to show me some receipts.

I know that is the title of a book about those guys in the 80s. I don't think they're talking about those guys.

What are these guys really called is what i wonder. DW said "hillbilly mafia", but i don't know if that is how these people self identify or just a term that means rednecks doing crime.

I know it is East Tennessee, but not everyone doing crime in Tennessee is from Tennessee. Or Georgia. Or Kentucky. So, maybe not "hillbillies".

The criminals could be from anywhere. They could be calling themselves anything. There are two interstates near SW's house and an airport. If we're talking organized crime, Scott, then let's talk.
I took this whole discussion to mean an organized, local group probably dealing in drugs. Not the literal “corn bread mafia” that a book was written about. JMO.

Despite Dr. P. discussing the 'timeline' which is sketchy at best, it doesn't look like anyone is cleared yet.
My guess is that he's trying to keep people talking freely.
A tough slog when some refuse to answer or leave the interview in anger.

LE will be the ones to decide that and imo they'll let the public know if this happens.
MOO.

I took this whole discussion to mean an organized, local group probably dealing in drugs. Not the literal “corn bread mafia” that a book was written about. JMO.
Me, too.

But, if i was talking to someone about my cousin (which i have), and they threw out a term i didn't understand (which they didn't), they better give me a better definition than Scott's. If they kept coming at me with a ridiculous sounding term and a thin excuse for a definition, i don't know what i would think.

ETA: for people who don't know, Kathy was murdered in 1969. I can't possibly be suspected of this.

CM is the only person CB trusted. Look how that turned out.

I wish he would have stayed on SW and not gotten involved with the SA thing with DW/step-sister, etc. I know those allegations are serious, but he is literally the only person she's trusted.

Still think it would beneficial to Summer to have CW,DW,and CH to get together with LE,TBI,FBI and do a presser. That's the one thing through all this that has not been done. Yet it's the one thing that could get all the facts out, and cut out the Misinformation,rumors,innuendo etc. MOO
It seems like that would only happen if LE was interested in doing it?

Something stuck with me since yesterday, which is the blocking and fleeing by CW. I understand there are horribly uncomfortable questions that have to be dredged through. I just don’t recall seeing someone flee interviews and shut down as much as she seems to. Again I think of hearing her with Mary on the phone and I just can’t get past thinking she is using this shut down mechanism to avoid answering difficult questions. This isn’t about doing everything to find Summer, IMO. And honestly, I’m not on board with any interview that doesn’t address the behavior both parents have exhibited on YouTube. I still don’t think they’ve been asked the most uncomfortable and obvious questions.

This is not about their guilt, by the way. I’m just so over watching interviews and hoping there will be direct answers. Everything screams to me that CW knows something but no idea what she knows. JMO.
Ita. ^^^

If your child is missing and you think she's been kidnapped, you shouldn't walk away from the uncomfortable questions; but face them and answer truthfully.
The main thing is finding your child, and nothing else is important.
Imo.

I never thought I'd hear myself say it but, I have to agree with DP and his two "lie detector" guests who all seem to think CW knows more than she's telling. I've thought that all along.

jmo
I have thought that all along, since the beginning.

These episodes, among other things, just reinforce my initial opinion.

I agree with you.

It seems like that would only happen if LE was interested in doing it?
I'm sure Leslie Erhart,and the LE team working tirelessly to find Summer would be more than happy to do that. She, they have done pressers before. I'm sure they would welcome the chance to have CW,CH,and DW join them for a presser. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member