AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember near the beginning when DW told CM in a phone interview, he described the scream as "muffled".
This was the first time we heard about the scream.
DW didn't hear the scream, he is repeating what he heard from the neighbor.

Since the neighbor has been interviewed, she described it as an "animalistic" noise. Also her 19 year old son stated this.
Apparently (?) LE dismissed the scream as irrelevant. I don't. The characterization and the timing seem highly relevant.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I wouldn't assume that they've dismissed it as irrelevant. They simply may not see value in discussing it publicly.
Neighbor of Summer Wells says she heard a scream shortly before she went missing | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

"....
Brown has been interviewed many times by investigators, bringing up the scream often. Hawkins County Sheriff Ronnie Lawson doesn’t believe the scream is related to Summer’s disappearance.

“She’s been interviewed numerous times by not only my agency but the TBI and FBI, and we don’t find anything with that complaint or information related to this case,” said Lawson...."

I remember near the beginning when DW told CM in a phone interview, he described the scream as "muffled".

Since the neighbor has been interviewed, she described it as an "animalistic" noise. Also her 19 year old son stated this.

eta - Neighbor of Summer Wells says she heard a scream shortly before she went missing - YouTube

I'm searching for the interview with CM.

That's the direct quote I've heard from the neighbor, as well. And thanks for the link - I had my scenarios mixed up as they were in the cabin when they heard the scream (only going out to garden later). They do say they were quiet and listening out for suspicious sounds - likely a different atmosphere than the Wells' home on a typical afternoon. JMO.

eta - Neighbor of Summer Wells says she heard a scream shortly before she went missing - YouTube

I'm searching for the interview with CM.
I could have sworn it came out after the interviews with CM.

DW, October 7:

“Well I think whoever grabbed her probably had her mouth covered, and I think she was gasping for air by the time she got somewhere down here because our neighbor heard a scream. A really funny scream and she’s been telling us that all along,” says Wells.

[...]

Sheriff Lawson also spoke to us about the report of a scream heard by a neighbor.

“Best I recall it’s been a couple months ago and I think that was unfounded,” shared Lawson.

Father of missing five-year-old Summer Wells shows trail where he believes his daughter went missing

Or the scream was Summer being abducted.
Given how this case was going, if LE thought that it was SW being abducted, the absolute last thing they would do is admit that publicly.

They seem to want to keep as much information as possible out of public knowledge. I hope there is a good reason for this (beyond the usual). But, i guess I will not know until the case is solved.

I thought it was a phone interview in July. You may be right, I can't find it. There are hours of video to go through.
But @Allabouttrial, do you remember it too?
I do and I saw it mentioned again recently where it was said, but I just can't for the life of me remember.

(If you don't want to read this entire post we are having a fundraiser for our volunteer mods. Please use this link to donate paypal.me/forthemods )

Words cannot adequately express how much the moderators mean to Websleuths and to me personally.

The amount of hard work they do behind the scenes would truly shock you.
The mods volunteer their time to make sure Websleuths standards are upheld so Websleuths remains the most respected discussion forum on the web.

It is time for our yearly fundraiser for the wonderful people known as the mods who donate so much of their lives to Websleuths.

Please know that you are under no obligation to make a donation.
We ask that only those who can truly afford to donate do so.

We offer one way to make donations and that is through PayPal. Here is the link. Even a dollar will make a difference.

Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me
When the fundraiser is over (two weeks from now) SillyBilly and I will distribute the money to the mods.

If you would like to leave a comment of support for the mods please CLICK HERE

If I could yell this from the mountain tops to the world I would. From my heart and soul thank you so very much to the mods who make such a difference on Websleuths. Thank you very much.

Much Love,
Tricia

I thought it was a phone interview in July. You may be right, I can't find it. There are hours of video to go through.
But @Allabouttrial, do you remember it too?
Found it! Timestamp 24:23. Q & A with Don on the Chers channel. There isn't a date because it was a live but it was 3 months ago, so August for definite.

DW, October 7:

“Well I think whoever grabbed her probably had her mouth covered, and I think she was gasping for air by the time she got somewhere down here because our neighbor heard a scream. A really funny scream and she’s been telling us that all along,” says Wells.

[...]

Sheriff Lawson also spoke to us about the report of a scream heard by a neighbor.

“Best I recall it’s been a couple months ago and I think that was unfounded,” shared Lawson.

Father of missing five-year-old Summer Wells shows trail where he believes his daughter went missing
Unfounded. What exactly is he referring to as unfounded regarding the scream? That there was a scream at all? That it was muffled? That it was an animalistic scream? Also if it was Animalistic,and CH,and CW were outside the trailer fixing CH knee brace how could they not hear it? This along with the time line is very bothersome. Very very bothersome. MOO

Missing Summer Wells Mother Denies Claim 5-Year-Old Girl ‘Went Underwater’ “I haven’t even spoke to them in like two weeks. You’d think they’d at least tell me, update me on something, but they don’t even update me on nothing. I asked them to go check all these barns and sheds that have been out here for years that anybody could be in,” Bly said. Here's another thing that stuck out to me. "I Haven't even spoke to them in two weeks". So she didn't pick up the phone,and check in daily,or go in personally and check in on what's going on with the case of her missing daughter for two whole weeks?

Apparently (?) LE dismissed the scream as irrelevant. I don't. The characterization and the timing seem highly relevant.

I do agree with your last sentence. Finding evidence to back up a sound must be difficult, so LE saying they have nothing linking it to Summer is reasonable. But reports of an unexplained noise that sounded like a scream, within an hour of a child going missing? Hard to write that off completely, IMO, unless you think the neighbor is lying (in which case, the motive for the lie would also seem relevant).

A scream alone doesn't tell us who or what caused the distress (parent? stranger? injury?) but could maybe be used to narrow down the timeline & location. JMO.

Missing Summer Wells Mother Denies Claim 5-Year-Old Girl ‘Went Underwater’ “I haven’t even spoke to them in like two weeks. You’d think they’d at least tell me, update me on something, but they don’t even update me on nothing. I asked them to go check all these barns and sheds that have been out here for years that anybody could be in,” Bly said. Here's another thing that stuck out to me. "I Haven't even spoke to them in two weeks". So she didn't pick up the phone,and check in daily,or go in personally and check in on what's going on with the case of her missing daughter for two whole weeks?

I would have been calling them every day probably every hour!
I will never understand CW.

Or found in bad shape or I hate to say this but dead. Like a mothers scream? In agony
I'm convinced that this was an abduction by a sexual predator who specifically targeted Summer. I lean towards someone who had been on the property before, but it could have been someone who followed the family home that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member