AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
My theory is that Summer ran off the dog trail. Perhaps she was hit by that red truck. The driver was shocked, screamed heart-rendingly. He put her in the car. From here doors slamming. But on the other hand, wouldn't this man have with a phone that was supposed to be tracked by the police. Whatever happens, I think this scream is relevant. Not every day people hear a scream in those places. And there were three people. Mom and children. As I understood children are adults.
Its very possible but then you have Candus constantly say she would never leave the property and how they always warned her about bears and coyotes and the dangers of the woods.

They said Tennessee and Georgia. The Cornbread Mafia was from Kentucky. So, who knows what they are talking about.

I have never heard of this. DW hasn't heard of this.

Whatever these people are called, i don't think it is "cornbread mafia". Scott needs to show me some receipts.

I know that is the title of a book about those guys in the 80s. I don't think they're talking about those guys.

What are these guys really called is what i wonder. DW said "hillbilly mafia", but i don't know if that is how these people self identify or just a term that means rednecks doing crime.

I know it is East Tennessee, but not everyone doing crime in Tennessee is from Tennessee. Or Georgia. Or Kentucky. So, maybe not "hillbillies".

The criminals could be from anywhere. They could be calling themselves anything. There are two interstates near SW's house and an airport. If we're talking organized crime, Scott, then let's talk.

BBM above: I’m with you, and so it seems is the local news and whatever experts they may have.

News WJHL Tennessee

Everyone is asking: What is the Cornbread Mafia?
A law enforcement expert's perspective.

What is the Cornbread Mafia? A law enforcement expert's perspective on Summer Wells - YouTube

"It is more of a code of silence than an actual organized organization"

In this article, a completely normal looking young couple killed a man over a drug debt of $450.

Woman pleads guilty to helping boyfriend kill roommate over drug debt | Calgary Sun

What if there was a drug debt and that is the information that they are holding back? Not that they necessarily know anything but maybe they wonder and it is tearing them apart.

It could be anybody that they know or anybody that has been at the house.

Is it possible that Summer was taken in retaliation for a debt? All just moo.

JMO I think if either parent had information they believed would lead to finding Summer they would disclose it no matter how awful or illegal. Most of the time people withhold information either to protect themselves or to protect someone they care about.

If Candus is withholding some information that is painful enough to cause her to break down on national television but in her mind isn't connected to Summer's disappearance then the list is probably quite short.

In Part 1 of the Dr. Phil interview Phil brought up two issues he had with the parents' stories. IMO this could be what caused Dr. Phil and the behavior men to suspect Candus might be holding back information. To be clear, this is only my own opinion.

Starting at about 36:00, my bolding and mild cleanup:

36:18
Dr. Phil: Psychologically speaking I have to tell you that's inconsistent with everything I'm seeing because everything I'm seeing does not tell me that I have a hyper vigilant mom on my hands here. I have a hard time believing that she would walk her up the stairs and hand her off lovingly to three babysitting brothers, go back and help her mother and be back inside in two to three minutes calling for her daughter.

36:45
This timeline doesn't work right I don't believe she could get out there and back in two to three minutes, I don't believe she called for (Summer) in two to three minutes and went on alert in under five minutes and started a search or that she would call Don and given Don's history with law enforcement that his first reaction would be call the cops because every time the cops have been out there before that it wasn't to serve and protect it was to arrest and detain.

37:21
I'm not saying that Candace (sic) is involved here, I'm not saying Don's involved here, I'm just saying it just doesn't add up to me and when things don't add up I need more information.

Continues..

In this article, a completely normal looking young couple killed a man over a drug debt of $450.

Woman pleads guilty to helping boyfriend kill roommate over drug debt | Calgary Sun

What if there was a drug debt and that is the information that they are holding back? Not that they necessarily know anything but maybe they wonder and it is tearing them apart.

It could be anybody that they know or anybody that has been at the house.

Is it possible that Summer was taken in retaliation for a debt? All just moo.
This seems like a valid theory. I just get stuck on what someone or a group would gain for taking Summer. Would they then be expecting payment in exchange for her return? I guess they could turn it around and sell her but that just seems so elaborate… JMO.

This seems like a valid theory. I just get stuck on what someone or a group would gain for taking Summer. Would they then be expecting payment in exchange for her return? I guess they could turn it around and sell her but that just seems so elaborate… JMO.

this has also been said before by LE or LE-adjacent in reference to different cases people try to blame on trafficking; namely, what would some random drug dealer want with someone else’s kid? Just because a person can sell one thing (drugs), despite what the movies tell us, does not mean they know how to sell/move everything; nor does it mean they want to take on the responsibility (generally they have enough of their own kids or nieces, nephews, etc. to worry about - it’s not like taking custody of 30 pounds of meth or even diamonds; kids are live and require things), etc. and so forth.

I also wonder, statistically, how many children are taken over drug debts? I really don't know. JMO

this has also been said before by LE or LE-adjacent in reference to different cases people try to blame on trafficking; namely, what would some random drug dealer want with someone else’s kid? Just because a person can sell one thing (drugs), despite what the movies tell us, does not mean they know how to sell/move everything; nor does it mean they want to take on the responsibility (generally they have enough of their own kids or nieces, nephews, etc. to worry about - it’s not like taking custody of 30 pounds of meth or even diamonds; kids are live and require things), etc. and so forth.
I agree. Imagine you're a drug dealer and someone owes you money - 1k, 5k, 10k, whatever. What do you gain by taking their kid and setting off an Amber Alert which immediately brings in TBI, FBI, HCSO, CARD, SAR?

Why not break the debtor's legs or even beat up their partner. Heck, or even kill them outright? If some TN drug cartel/gang is smart enough to evade LE then they're smart enough to avoid committing the one crime most likely to draw in hundreds of LE - abducting a 5 year old. IMO.

I also wonder, statistically, how many children are taken over drug debts? I really don't know. JMO
And if taken for drug debts, wouldn't parents know? If this happened here I don't think CW and DW would have been all over SM trying to find SW. They would know what happened and be trying to get their hands on money any way possible.

JMO I think if either parent had information they believed would lead to finding Summer they would disclose it no matter how awful or illegal. Most of the time people withhold information either to protect themselves or to protect someone they care about.

If Candus is withholding some information that is painful enough to cause her to break down on national television but in her mind isn't connected to Summer's disappearance then the list is probably quite short.

In Part 1 of the Dr. Phil interview Phil brought up two issues he had with the parents' stories. IMO this could be what caused Dr. Phil and the behavior men to suspect Candus might be holding back information. To be clear, this is only my own opinion.

Dr. Phil: Psychologically speaking I have to tell you that's inconsistent with everything I'm seeing because everything I'm seeing does not tell me that I have a hyper vigilant mom on my hands here. I have a hard time believing that she would walk her up the stairs and hand her off lovingly to three babysitting brothers, go back and help her mother and be back inside in two to three minutes calling for her daughter.

This timeline doesn't work right I don't believe she could get out there and back in two to three minutes, I don't believe she called for (Summer) in two to three minutes and went on alert in under five minutes and started a search or that she would call Don and given Don's history with law enforcement that his first reaction would be call the cops because every time the cops have been out there before that it wasn't to serve and protect it was to arrest and detain.

I'm not saying that Candace (sic) is involved here, I'm not saying Don's involved here, I'm just saying it just doesn't add up to me and when things don't add up I need more information.

Continues..

IMO the "walking Summer 20 feet to the house and only being gone 2 - 3 minutes" has never rung true. I think there's more to that timeline. Hopefully LE has more info.

Over the top, years ago I followed a murder of a little girl. Mom needed money? Drugs? Anyhow she gave her daughter to a friend. He abused and murdered her in a hotel room and dumped her body with roadkill. Mom thought he would bring her back but this happened. She thinks no harm would come to her? Knows or suspects who but so afraid.JUST RANDOM THOUGHTS

And if taken for drug debts, wouldn't parents know? If this happened here I don't think CW and DW would have been all over SM trying to find SW. They would know what happened and be trying to get their hands on money any way possible.
DW was known to be in jail several times, could he have innocently shown pictures of a beautiful baby girl and some one got ideas? Told someone else? MOO

The thing is…… herstory of what happened is like a script. I hear it over and over same words same tone!

we planted flowers
We washed our hands
She got a piece of candy from grandma
She went back to the house
I watched her go in yelled to the boys watch summer
qent back fix gmas. Leg brace took 2 mins
Bla bla bla!
She tries so hard to remember he story she has no emotion!
She has all the answers IMO

Continues..
I'm curious how DW knows where all the Drug dealers,and riff raff are, ( So he could go ask them about Summer) yet does not know anything about the cornbread mafia. Knew nothing about meth or what it does to someone. In spite of admitting to running drugs across the border. MOO

I could see CB walking SW back to the house if she (CB) wanted to speak to the boys. Maybe she did tell them to "watch Sissy" (that is just so cute), but maybe she had other things to tell them. These 'things' don't have to be relevant to the investigation, it could be anything. So, maybe that was her motive for walking SW basically 20'.

I’m still reading into all the threads here, but do any of you who have also been following the historic disappearance of Summer’s aunt think that there could be a common link somewhere, maybe mafia? It must surely be relatively unusual for 2 members of a family to go missing.

I'm curious how DW knows where all the Drug dealers,and riff raff are, ( So he could go ask them about Summer) yet does not know anything about the cornbread mafia. Knew nothing about meth or what it does to someone. In spite of admitting to running drugs across the border. MOO
He might not know of people calling themselves such a ridiculous name even if he does know people who do those sorts of things.

It was a name the Feds used. So, not necessarily what anyone chooses to call themselves.

I believe he never heard that term because I never heard it either. I never heard any of the people at papers i worked at talking about it.

Organized crime, for longer than people are comfortable knowing, is connected to people who might come into an area and set up a network. It's nationwide and international. Even in small places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie