AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just my opinion, but as a successful 25 year recovering addict, it does come from experience. Addicts never have a desire to give up their drug of choice. What we do have a desire to do is to stop living with the consequences of our drug addiction, whether it's the violence that often accompanies addiction, or jail time, or death, etc. etc. The reason we call it a battle is because our desire for our drug of choice and our desire to change our circumstances is a constant push/pull. When you add another addict into the mix, it creates even more of a push/pull dynamic. That is why most successful recovering addicts advise addicts new to recovery to remove themselves entirely from anyone who still uses or who still struggles in their recovery. Unfortunately, that often includes partners, family members, best friends, etc. Which is a long introduction to my thoughts about The Wells. This is a toxic relationship, imo, and it would probably be a toxic relationship without adding drug/alcohol issues . But it is absolutely a ticking time bomb with the addiction issues tossed into the mix. I don't see a better future for either of them unless they separate and work on their recoveries individually. Sadly, I don't see this happening. The relationship is so co-dependent at this point that the only way I see one of them surviving it is if the other one is forcibly removed from the situation ( whether that's jail time or something far worse ). Like I said, it's hard to watch, even from a safe emotional distance.

All MOO, of course.
Congrats on 25 yrs.

I don't think there will be a reunification in this case. Not until the boys age out of the system and make their own choices. JMO
I was wondering if and when that time came what are the chances the boys don't want to come back. In Tennessee a child has the right to choose at the age of 12 but would that even be a consideration under these circumstances? Do they have a choice to stay in foster care? Or go live with someone else...friend or family. So many considerations it boggles my mind. I would really like to know how the boys are doing. Have they settled in, are they in school, what is their behavior like, do they even want to go home.

This is just my opinion, but as a successful 25 year recovering addict, it does come from experience. Addicts never have a desire to give up their drug of choice. What we do have a desire to do is to stop living with the consequences of our drug addiction, whether it's the violence that often accompanies addiction, or jail time, or death, etc. etc. The reason we call it a battle is because our desire for our drug of choice and our desire to change our circumstances is a constant push/pull. When you add another addict into the mix, it creates even more of a push/pull dynamic. That is why most successful recovering addicts advise addicts new to recovery to remove themselves entirely from anyone who still uses or who still struggles in their recovery. Unfortunately, that often includes partners, family members, best friends, etc. Which is a long introduction to my thoughts about The Wells. This is a toxic relationship, imo, and it would probably be a toxic relationship without adding drug/alcohol issues . But it is absolutely a ticking time bomb with the addiction issues tossed into the mix. I don't see a better future for either of them unless they separate and work on their recoveries individually. Sadly, I don't see this happening. The relationship is so co-dependent at this point that the only way I see one of them surviving it is if the other one is forcibly removed from the situation ( whether that's jail time or something far worse ). Like I said, it's hard to watch, even from a safe emotional distance.

All MOO, of course.
This is an incredible post. Amazing insight from you because you have lived it and live it everyday. Thank you for saying it so well.

Recreational outrage is my opinion of these protesters and can’t take them seriously at all.

Summer Wells protesters ask, 'It’s winter, where’s Summer?'
BBM - great term, and spot on. I mean really...can you imagine if they redirected that energy to something useful? There is no lack of help needed in finding the missing. Volunteer to sort through emails, keep info updated, hang flyers, volunteer at searches, and the list goes on and on.

I see this type of "recreational outrage" on our threads sometimes too, although the Mods do a great job of managing it. We are all disturbed by this child missing, but attempting to digitally shame or destroy the parents is pointless and cruel.
They have a heap of troubles to contend with and address. Piling shame on is pointless.

amateur opinion and speculation

BBM - great term, and spot on. I mean really...can you imagine if they redirected that energy to something useful? There is no lack of help needed in finding the missing. Volunteer to sort through emails, keep info updated, hang flyers, volunteer at searches, and the list goes on and on.

I see this type of "recreational outrage" on our threads sometimes too, although the Mods do a great job of managing it. We are all disturbed by this child missing, but attempting to digitally shame or destroy the parents is pointless and cruel.
They have a heap of troubles to contend with and address. Piling shame on is pointless.

amateur opinion and speculation

Hi friend, I always appreciate your posts :)

I do not think that their addiction has anything to do with their love for their children. This is how they seem to have dealt with situations in the past, and they have so much more to forget about now. It is tragic, but without help, I do not see them just snapping out of behaviors and addictions that they have leaned on in the past.
Only now there's no distractions and it isn't fun anymore. There has to be a breaking point. moo

It is so sad that only a handful of people showed up for the prayer circle and birthday celebration for SW last night.

I hope people haven't given up hope, or could there be other reasons? Some YTers have turned this case into a nightmare or
even a circus in my opinion. The few YT videos that I have seen I could only watch a couple of minutes, they are ridiculous.

LE needs to give the public an update, it has been way too long. Also state more than the same 'everything is on the table'.

moo

It is so sad that only a handful of people showed up for the prayer circle and birthday celebration for SW last night.

I hope people haven't given up hope, or could there be other reasons? Some YTers have turned this case into a nightmare or
even a circus in my opinion. The few YT videos that I have seen I could only watch a couple of minutes, they are ridiculous.

LE needs to give the public an update, it has been way too long. Also state more than the same 'everything is on the table'.

moo

I have kind of stopped following this missing Summer Wells but in regard to the small number of people at her Birthday celebration that's been pretty much the number that have attended any of these gatherings for Summer. Just a handful. Sad.

DW stated that he and CW will observe SW's birthday in private, probably at their church.
SW’s 6th birthday is Friday Feb. 4.

He also states that there had already been a gathering for SW in North Carolina. Neither he nor CW attended.
I didn't know they had family or close friends in NC so I don't know who did this.

There is also information about some of DW's dreams of SW and the most recent incident when LE was called to their home.

Family will observe Summer Wells' 6th birthday next week in private | Rogersville | therogersvillereview.com

I haven't posted on Websleuths in a VERY long time, though I still lurk and watch the youtube channel. As always, I get a case in my head and can't shake loose of it. I've heard time and time again "if it was an accident they would've called to police". Would they have? What if Summer had something in her system that they couldn't have found at autopsy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288