AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollye

Reaction score
Media, Maps and Timeline - No Discussion Thread

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has issued an endangered child alert for a missing 5-year-old from Hawkins County.

Summer Wells is 5 years old and not 4 as was previously reported.

Emergency crews are searching for Summer Wells around Ben Hill Road in the Beech Creek community.

Wells was seen walking away from her home on Ben Hill Road around 7 p.m.

She is 4-feet tall, has blonde hair, and was last seen wearing a pink shirt and gray shorts.

TBI issues endangered child alert for missing Hawkins County 5-year-old | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

Last edited by a moderator:
ModNote:

-If something is against TOS and therefore can’t be discussed - don’t make a post hinting at it

-STOP being judgmental towards this family and this missing child.

Any posts that violate these terms going forward will result in an automatic time-out.

There are only a few mods on WS. We volunteer our time and are not always able to be online cleaning up posts that are against TOS in real time. If you see a violation, report it. Don’t quote it, or your quote gets removed as well during the clean up process.

WS is special because we have compassion, we care about victims, and recognize that anyone could read these public posts 5-10 years from now.

Thank You all for your care, compassion, and desire to bring Summer home. May today be the day.

Tri-Cities residents doing “anything we can” to assist search for Summer Wells | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather (video at link)

[…]

The impact of Summer’s disappearance is being felt across the Tri-Cities, even 50 miles away in Bristol, Tennessee. [LC] is trying to bring awareness and hope to Summer’s cause by encouraging people to install purple lights outside their homes.

She ran a similar campaign during the Evelyn Boswell case.

“This is something that we can do to show our support throughout our community,” [LC] said. “We did it as a beacon of hope, so she could see that everybody was praying because we knew nobody could go searching for her, kind of like Summer.”

rgreene wrote on Thread 3:
QUOTE "I think a person with a fragile ego often takes criticisms harshly and place a high value on the approval of others.
I also think a person with a fragile ego would find it extremely difficult to report a tragic accident because they would fear judgement. They would go to great lengths to protect themselves."

I think this is a great comment and nails a big part of CW's difficulty dealing with exposing herself to the public where, already, social media has gone on the attack. Like some other parents with missing children, she may feel some guilt due to being "on duty" when Summer went missing. The family now has CPS visiting them and she may also be in fear that her other children might be removed from the home if they find her lacking in any way at all. I think for reasons such as these, she is suffering severely right now. I know some in the public might translate this into "She doesn't care about her Summer or her other kids" and "She's only thinking of herself" But I think right now, she is incapable of dealing with being in the public spotlight.
" I think a person with a fragile ego often takes criticisms harshly..."
And people who are criticized a lot throughout their lives develop fragile egos.
It's a vicious circle.

Last edited:
The search for 5-year-old Summer Wells will continue through the weekend as a host of agencies — including a specialized Federal Bureau of Investigation team — comb through rough terrain and hundreds of tips.

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Public Information Officer Leslie Earhart said in a Friday email that, “As of this afternoon, we’ve received around 400 tips. None have resulted in a significant development.”

The FBI activated a Child Abduction Rapid Deployment Team to work the case last Saturday, Darrell DeBusk, public affairs officer with the FBI Knoxville field office, told the Times News by email Friday afternoon.

[…]

Hawkins County Sheriff Ronnie Lawson has repeatedly said assistance from the public isn’t needed in the ground search, except from property owners in the area searching their own land. The concern is that untrained searchers acting outside the coordinated effort could become lost or injured and draw resources away from the search for Summer.

[…]

Search for missing girl continues

i have been following this case from the start and its just so sad

i think it can be dangerous to judge people based on their reactions to situations.... it is definitely a case of not one size fits all.

i personally become very clinical and methodically in crisis moments, when my middle daughter was very young she had been quite ill on and off, many hospital stays by age 2, one day she collapsed and stopped breathing, i instantly went straight into auto pilot, cleared her airway and prepared to start resus if needed (had advanced st johns medical training, also had a mum who was a trained emergency response nurse) meanwhile my ex husband stood frozen, it took telling him repeatedly to go get my mother before he could even move.

i am lucky i guess that in those moments i am capable of critical thinking and seperate from an emotional response.. after, i feel all the emotions but not till the situation is resolved.

i also had to resus an 18 month old who drowned, the entire time i was working on him his parents both stood way back just silent and almost detached.. no crying sobbing or what would be recognised as distress, it wasn't until i managed to get him breathing and the ambulance crew arrived before they even moved.

fear does strange things to people, some thrive and cope others fall apart or detach, it is not always a reflection on their love but more on their brain's ability to process the moment.

The little boy i saved, from that day on when his parents brought him back to the pool the way they supervised and looked after him totally changed, he was immediately enrolled im lessons and his floaties not removed until they left the pool area completely, the fact they were unable to help when he drowned was not about lack of love, they just didn't know what to do to help him and that paralysed them.

i do not know what happened to Summer but i choose not to draw conclusions based on a perception of emotional response.

also true predators do plan, they stalk and lay in wait for opportunities, and they strike when that moment occurs, Summer is a gorgeous sweet little girl

who i have no problem believing attracted the attention of someone evil who decided they wanted her for themselves.

i am praying somehow there is a miracle and she is found alive and unharmed.

i think it can be dangerous to judge people based on their reactions to situations.... it is definitely a case of not one size fits all.

i personally become very clinical and methodically in crisis moments, when my middle daughter was very young she had been quite ill on and off, many hospital stays by age 2, one day she collapsed and stopped breathing, i instantly went straight into auto pilot, cleared her airway and prepared to start resus if needed (had advanced st johns medical training, also had a mum who was a trained emergency response nurse) meanwhile my ex husband stood frozen, it took telling him repeatedly to go get my mother before he could even move.

i am lucky i guess that in those moments i am capable of critical thinking and seperate from an emotional response.. after, i feel all the emotions but not till the situation is resolved.

i also had to resus an 18 month old who drowned, the entire time i was working on him his parents both stood way back just silent and almost detached.. no crying sobbing or what would be recognised as distress, it wasn't until i managed to get him breathing and the ambulance crew arrived before they even moved.

fear does strange things to people, some thrive and cope others fall apart or detach, it is not always a reflection on their love but more on their brain's ability to process the moment.

The little boy i saved, from that day on when his parents brought him back to the pool the way they supervised and looked after him totally changed, he was immediately enrolled im lessons and his floaties not removed until they left the pool area completely, the fact they were unable to help when he drowned was not about lack of love, they just didn't know what to do to help him and that paralysed them.

i do not know what happened to Summer but i choose not to draw conclusions based on a perception of emotional response.

also true predators do plan, they stalk and lay in wait for opportunities, and they strike when that moment occurs, Summer is a gorgeous sweet little girl

who i have no problem believing attracted the attention of someone evil who decided they wanted her for themselves.

This is such a great post. While I’m very much conflicted about CW’s lack of presence/voice in the media over the last week, unless we have a solid reason to, I will not judge how she handled those first few hours. No matter how much I want to believe that I’d do everything right in that moment, I have absolutely NO IDEA how I would actually respond in the midst of that level of pure panic.

Love this post! I agree!

I’m the type of person who freezes/detaches or literally runs the other way. When your brain does things to protect you from trauma, it really can effect everyone different.

MOO

Love this post! I agree!

I’m the type of person who freezes/detaches or literally runs the other way. When your brain does things to protect you from trauma, it really can effect everyone different.

MOO
Agreed!
And who are we to judge, and openly criticize, (or even criticize at all) someone else’s innate reaction (e.g. unknowingly disassociating themselves from the acute trauma at hand)!!?!

mO0

Love this post! I agree!

MOO
True.
I've been in a few emergency situations and for me things go kind of in slow motion while I'm taking care of things. I don't freeze at all. I take charge. My hubby tho, he might walk in circles. Can't help it. lol.
I get what you're saying.

I honestly don’t think the mother is staying off camera because she has a “fragile ego”. She has a missing sister and now she’s dealing with her daughter being missing. I can’t imagine the trauma, the shame and the guilt she carries.

Same with the grandmother, she has a missing child... yes, she went missing as an adult but still.

I wish people were a bit more understanding. It’s always easy to sit here and say “if it was my child I would do this, I would do that”. You don’t know what you would do. It’s not your child, you’re not Summer’s mother, you’re not in her shoes.

I’m pretty sure that if that woman was on camera, people would be less focused on Summer and more focused on the way the mother looks, on the way the mother talks, on the way the mother acts.

If these people had nothing to do with Summer’s disappearance, what was this all for? The judging, the bullying, etc. Come on.

<modsnip>

<modsnip>
I’m glad they’re just keeping the statements short and staying off camera now. If they are innocent, this family will never recover from this. Ever.

I honestly don’t think the mother is staying off camera because she has a “fragile ego”. She has a missing sister and now she’s dealing with her daughter being missing. I can’t imagine the trauma, the shame and the guilt she carries.

Same with the grandmother, she has a missing child... yes, she went missing as an adult but still.

I wish people were a bit more understanding. It’s always easy to sit here and say “if it was my child I would do this, I would do that”. You don’t know what you would do. It’s not your child, you’re not Summer’s mother, you’re not in her shoes.

I’m pretty sure that if that woman was on camera, people would be less focused on Summer and more focused on the way the mother looks, on the way the mother talks, on the way the mother acts.

If these people had nothing to do with Summer’s disappearance, what was this all for? The judging, the bullying, etc. Come on.

<modsnip>

<modsnip>
I’m glad they’re just keeping the statements short and staying off camera now. If they are innocent, this family will never recover from this. Ever.

I can not like this enough, excellently put! We might not say direct mean things about the family on here, but people do use passive aggressiveness to imply the same with vague sarcasm or winking emojis, it may not be the same vicious direct comments, but I think we all know what those type of comments are implying and I think if the family read some of them they would know what they're implying too because it's easy to read between the lines and although not as direct and vicious, if they are innocent and saw them, they will still have a hurtful and harmful effect. Those boys are innocent children, regardless of what their parents or parent may or may not have done and one day they may come across comments online, they have enough to deal with already and lets be honest, the future, however things go, will be incredibly difficult too. I'm a psychotherapist and I can tell you, even if a parent is guilty, their remaining children will still love their parent to some degree and even indirect comments with obvious not so nice undertones will hurt.

My heart hurts so much for those boys, they must be so confused by the response, their world has been turned upside down and their emotional stability shaken to the core, I hope to god they are receiving and will continue to receive professional emotional support, as well as their parents if not guilty, but most of all I hope to god Summer is found and if she's not in this world anymore, I hope the mystery of what happened to her is solved and any guilty parties are held accountable.

Thinking tonight about Summer Moon ... and her Mommy, Daddy and Granny...and three big brothers, who are still little boys ... praying they all stay strong, comfort each other and absolutely continue to feel hope and believe in miracles ... let’s not judge without facts ... but for the grace of God go I ...

And to LE, SAR, volunteers and everybody involved in the search for this precious little girl ... we see you, we know it’s difficult ... and we care. Moo

most people whos can't immediately find a child at home don't immediately assume the child is missing to the extent of needing police assistance, i suspect without a specific reason most would start looking, calling and trying to figure out where the said child may have gone, not my child is in immediate danger call 911.
as kids my siblings and i grew up in a small (now sadly infamous village Kendall where william tyrell vanished) during holidays we and our friends would ride our bikes all over the place often not returning home till dinner time, my brother was 6 when he started coming on our adventures.... we rarely had specific plans and our parents rarely worried when we were gone for hours on end.
i think Summers mum probably spent more time looking than she said to her husband and only once it became very apparent her little girl wasn't anywhere she could imagine then panic set in.
with that no doubt she may feel guilt that she didn't get help sooner
assuming every parent will react the same way is unhelpful and unnecessary... city parents have different worries to country parents and environmental and situational awareness will alway colour someone's response.

there seems to be an exponentially large SO population in the area and what i find scary is that is the known registered SOs
how many are there living under the radar ?

City folk and country folk are two different animals. Apples and oranges. They don't act or react the same because they come from two different worlds. There is a sense of safety in the country without all the hustle and bustle and noise of the city. You don't expect bad things to happen here and when they do, you are shocked.

Reading through this thread, I am reminded of little Cupcake's mother. She didn't speak to reporters as Cupcake's father did and that caused quite a stir on SM. LE had asked her not to and she was doing what they advised. She spoke out only after the arrest of her daughter's murderers.

It's so easy to judge when you haven't walked a mile in someone's shoes.

I know that I would be raked over the coals if I were ever in this situation because I have intense social anxiety. Being in the spotlight for any reason would be torment. I would shut down, not because I care what anyone thinks, but because I can't cope any other way. It wouldn't mean I was guilty of anything or that I didn't love my child. Of course I would want to do everything I could to help find my child, but a person in a wheelchair can't get up and walk just because they want to. I wouldn't have a choice, but most people would not understand it and would come up with their own reasons for my behavior.

This is how the brain works. When provided with incomplete information, it fills in the blanks with it's own ideas. It naturally wants to connect the dots.

Sorry to ramble. I have no idea what happened to Summer or if anyone might be to blame. I just pray for her and for those who love her and for the best possible outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member