AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree, this additional footage has given me a lot to think about. They should have put the information over the profits here and released the interview in totality right away.
I agree they should have released the full video right away, at least online if not during the broadcast which likely has time restraints.

jmo

Watching the latest interview on WJHL on Youtube with Summer Well's mother and father, dated today June 29.
If I can't post this, let me know and I'll delete.

At this point, there is room for different points of view and opinions.

Hopefully sooner rather than later, LE's investigation will lead to a clearer understanding of what happened. Until then, it's all on the table, as LE has stated.

jmo

Exactly. This thread is hard to follow with all the tut-tutting. LE is guided by the facts. I know no one wants to hear it, but when there's actual evidence of an abduction there is a playbook about how to handle the investigation and search. There are Amber alerts, BOLOs, pleas to the kidnapper, FBI involvement. The fact that none of that is in play right now is a fair point for consideration. LE is also guided by statistics of who is most likely to harm a child and what accidental factors lead to child deaths. This isn't based on feelings or being nice or what happened in one other case you read last week.

I agree with what the parents say when they insist that Summer would never wander off into the woods by her house by herself. I think if that were not true, that search dogs would have found the evidence of her having done so by finding her scent in the woods that she'd left previously to the 15th of June. I've read that the search dog have found no trace of Summer on the family's surrounding acreage per MSM. Even the statement that the dogs followed Summer's scent down the driveway and then they stopped... was stated by the father and not MSM. ... And what dogs is he referring to? The family dogs? ... or the trained search dogs... we don't know. So, it seems to me that Summer was taken from the property in a vehicle or carried away. If so, I suspect a vehicle but I have no solid theory on who was driving it or carrying her.

Why would they use over 120 agencies from six states and numerous SAR teams to search day and night in the woods, covering 4.6 square miles of treacherous terrain, if she was never there?

The (news) release also included the following information about the search:
  • The search has utilized over 120 agencies from Tennessee, Ohio, Virginia, Alabama, Georgia and North Carolina
  • Since June 15, 1,150 searchers have covered the ground
  • Over 13,800 search hours have been logged
  • TBI fixed-wing flew 21.2 hours
  • The THP helicopter logged 30 hours of flight.
  • Numerous specialized search and rescue groups include (but are not limited to): TN Task Force 2, BUSAR, Appalachian Mountain Rescue, Black Diamond, SCSAR, Central Carolina SAR, Great Smokey Mountain National Park, RATSAR, Search and Rescue Tracking Institute and numerous K-9 Teams
  • To date, 4.6 square miles (over 3,000 acres) have been searched since Summer went missing.

Crews ‘scaling back’ search for Summer Wells | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

Can anyone reach out to Mom in case she had any kind of ER/urgent care visit just prior to Summer going missing? Or if Summer did? Not investigating the family in any way at all. Just want to make sure she is safe, not in a dangerous situation, and that someone is looking out for her.
I don't think SAR efforts are ever useless when a child is missing. Having said that, I don't think Summer wandered into the woods and got lost.
At this point, there is room for different points of view and opinions.

Hopefully sooner rather than later, LE's investigation will lead to a clearer understanding of what happened. Until then, it's all on the table, as LE has stated.

jmo
I don't think SAR efforts are ever useless when a child is missing. Having said that, I don't think Summer wandered into the woods and got lost.
I understand. Summer is still missing. I understand completely what you are saying. It is the nature of search and rescue, to transfer to search and recovery, to transfer to no possibility of recovery/resources no longer appropriate. I do not know where the TBI is on Summer's case. Personally, I think this child is still recoverable. But I'm a hope-addict.

Exactly. This thread is hard to follow with all the tut-tutting. LE is guided by the facts. I know no one wants to hear it, but when there's actual evidence of an abduction there is a playbook about how to handle the investigation and search. There are Amber alerts, BOLOs, pleas to the kidnapper, FBI involvement. The fact that none of that is in play right now is a fair point for consideration. LE is also guided by statistics of who is most likely to harm a child and what accidental factors lead to child deaths. This isn't based on feelings or being nice or what happened in one other case you read last week.

I'm not sure what you mean. There is an Amber Alert and FBI involvement.

Summer Wells' mother recounts events leading up to daughter's disappearance
162 views • 35 minutes ago
Around the 3:00 mark it sounds like DW may suspect a neighbor of taking Summer. He says (paraphrasing) he wishes neighbors could search neighbors houses and if they aren't willing, get a search warrant. That actually makes more sense to me than some stranger slinking around in the woods hoping to get Summer alone.

Thank you very much, there's even more new interview clips here which I hadn't seen anywhere else:
  • 2:38 Don talks about how he believes the case is an abduction
  • 4:32 Candus says "the most important thing is to bring Summer home safe
  • 5:43 Talking about Summer's favorite songs and her other likes, who Summer looked up to
  • 7:28 Talking about Summer's personality; about how Summer was supposed to start school this year
  • 8:45 Don talking about how much he loves Summer and wants her to be released
  • 9:54 Don talking about how he's concerned Summer is locked in captivity; how she likes to be outside in nature
  • 11:11 Don and Candus talk about focusing on finding Summer versus the negativity
ETA: Sorry, initially I quoted the wrong post!
He says something in the beginning too about people not letting people search their houses and police should get warrants. Has there been people refusing police to come in?

This video I just posted was released on the WJHL YouTube page within the past hour. Shows more of the interview, without the disruptions.
In listening to the video in it's unedited entirety, I have a different view point of the red flags I mentioned earlier.

Dad explains why he has spoke of Summer using past tense. I think these two are convinced in their minds that Summer was abducted and is not going to come back home. Viewing what they say through that lens is helpful. I'm reminded there is no cookie cutter reaction from parents and this case is a perfect example of that.

I'm more convinced now, these are simply two exhausted parents who have lost hope of ever seeing their child again.

All of that is in play right now. Are we following the same case?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stoney12