AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #6

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by hollye, Jun 16, 2021.

?

What do you feel happened to Summer Wells?

1. Wandered off and became lost or injured

6.6%
  2. Abducted

10.0%
  3. Victim of foul play

51.1%
  4. Undecided

30.1%
  5. Other

2.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoeInVA

MoeInVA Well-Known Member

It looks like the child found in the Chattahoochee river was not SW.

Woman charged in death of toddler found in Chattahoochee River, source says

Police have arrested a woman in connection with the death of toddler whose body was found in the Chattahoochee River.

A high ranking law enforcement source confirmed the arrest to Channel 2′s Chris Jose.

Breyanla Cooper, 27, faces a felony charge for concealing the death of another, according to Cobb County jail records. She is in the jail without bond.

2. proclee

proclee Well-Known Member

I’m not sure whether there’s been a definitive reason for why her hair was shaved but when I was 5 or 6 I found a pair of scissors and decided to cut my hair.. my hair was super long so when the hairdresser fixed it she managed to salvage a half decent cut but if SW’s hair was short to start with there may have been no option other than to shave it but her parents don’t want to admit they’d left scissors around in the worry of being judged for that too

3. kathryann

kathryann Well-Known Member

I grew up in an alcoholic family and was told to never discuss what was going on in our household. Years later in therapy I still found it hard to talk about it, I felt like I was betraying my parents.

4. Denniece

Denniece Well-Known Member

I don't see this as odd. Aside from swimming it doesn't sound like an outing that older children would be interested into going on, especially boys. As a mother it also doesn't sound like an outing I'd want to bring three boys along on. I can almost hear the whining. lol imo

5. Denniece

Denniece Well-Known Member

There are a few photos Summer on MSM where her hair is longer and you can clearly see she chopped off a large chunk of her bangs. I did the same thing when I was her age, and so did my son. My son did it with a safety scissors. ‍♀️

6. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Yes, there are some kids who think they 'have' to answer any questions police ask, and there are some who have learned never to talk to police. After all, police can't force anyone to answer questions whether an adult or a minor.

7. heli

heli Well-Known Member

In an interview that her mother gave she said she had cut the boys a buzz cut & herself & then Summer wanted hers buzz cut too

AnnaGrace, MsMarple, MsBetsy and 3 others like this.
  8. DutchTreat

DutchTreat Well-Known Member

I would really like to know if just searchdogs (living person) have been at the house, vehicles and property.
    Or if cadaver dogs have been at the house, cars and property as well.

I would want to make sure that nobody would have died there.

9. DutchTreat

DutchTreat Well-Known Member

Anyone with ill intentions that could see/hear CW outside talking and walking around would have to be out of his/her mind to mess with her kids.

So that's why I do not think that a stranger is involved.
    Anyone being there would have to be someone they know. Or someone that had a really good reason to be there.

10. SMK777

SMK777 Well-Known Member

Yes, I feel for you, because my experience was the same, for similar reasons.

11. Tiff23fr

Tiff23fr Verified Expert - Cultural & Behavioral Dynamics Staff Member Moderator

From linked article:

Officials said canine teams specializing in air scent, trailing/tracking and cadaver dogs are all being used in the search efforts.

Timeline of Summer Wells case

12. TN Hiker

TN Hiker Well-Known Member

Agreed! Tons of super judgemental comments about every little detail regarding this family. Honestly, it feels a bit prejudicial at times too. Mountain culture is different. That doesn't make it "bad".

Sheesh.

ETA: Yuns (yes, that's a real word around here) have fun! I'm heading out to look for a Tacoma.

13. Mountain_Kat

Mountain_Kat Heca, Firimar !

Same. But I didn't talk to anyone about it due to the shame. At 10, I can remember having to decide if the blood on the floor was enough blood that it required calling an ambulance...for the third time in less than a week. With all my childhood friends and their parents seeing that. UGH !

14. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

15. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

But they did take a teenage boy swimming with them.

TRB, CarolAnn, Kid Rifle' and 15 others like this.
  16. Canadianmom2three

Canadianmom2three Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure she was wearing a dress in the swimming video. I do think it was impromptu.

17. flashy09

flashy09 Well-Known Member

I think they just mean she stands up for herself and is feisty. They probably did reprimand her. It might be a memory that reminds them of her personality and maybe it was funny in the moment - her brothers are much older.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
  18. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

Grandma was left at Walgreens during the impromptu swim?

19. vickjul

vickjul Active Member

Same. We had it drilled into us that "what happens at home stays at home." It didn't help that our only real social outlet was a fundmentalist church that normalized abuse and that actually encouraged parents to do "CPS drills" so that their kids could practice giving "acceptable" answers to social workers if questioned about bruises or other injuries. ...

Willow Knight, TDW59, misgrn and 12 others like this.
  20. Canadianmom2three

Canadianmom2three Well-Known Member

I chose undecided in the poll.

I do think she either wandered off, had an accident or got lost and has been missed in the search, or it was a crime of opportunity. In the sense that Summer walked down the drive way and someone who happened to be driving by or someone known to the family coming to visit took her with them. I don’t get the sense that she would be screaming or anything - if she was seen by someone she was likely lured with them, IMO!

I have never felt suspicious of the parents.

MOO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.