AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #6

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by hollye, Jun 16, 2021.

?

What do you feel happened to Summer Wells?

1. Wandered off and became lost or injured

6.6%
  2. Abducted

10.0%
  3. Victim of foul play

51.1%
  4. Undecided

30.1%
  5. Other

2.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rgreene

rgreene Well-Known Member

o_O Yikes.... thanks for pointing that out. I missed it.

HayLouise and TimesEight like this.

2. Tiff23fr

Tiff23fr Verified Expert - Cultural & Behavioral Dynamics Staff Member Moderator

Mod Note:

The train is starting to slide around on the tracks…

The charges were filed and dropped. Even if they were not dropped, it does not necessarily indicate he would harm Summer. Stating facts is fine, but do so while staying in the victim friendly lane.

Thanks

3. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

That’s certainly happened before, when an abductor is trolling for a victim. I recall one case where a woman on a bike was attacked because the would-be abductor believed she was a child.

The issue is that any potential abductor would have to have a reason for going to that particular location, as it is isolated. It’s not like someone could be driving by and see her playing in the yard or something.

So I’m not a fan of that particular theory, or even an abduction in general (unless the abductor knew Summer, and miraculously timed his entry and exit perfectly.

4. SMK777

SMK777 Well-Known Member

I don’t know how to post the image here, but if you Google Tennessee Amber Alert Summer Wells and look at the images, you can see how they chose to officially portray her.

5. TN Hiker

TN Hiker Well-Known Member

Reminder: TBI requested assistance from the public. They need help locating a Red/Maroon Toyota Tacoma (1998-2000) with a ladder rack and white buckets in the bed. This vehicle was spotted near Beech Creek and Ben Hill Rd on 6/14 or 6/15.

Summer has been missing for 16 days.

6. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

I took it as 2 separate statements like we don't know our neighbors.
    Put a period there. It's a statement that stands on it's own.
    But the people we do know (and associate with) are good people. ie we're good people.
    That's how I think he meant it anyway.
    jmo

Stina, kmtfl12, MntnHiker and 25 others like this.
  7. CalGirl2016

CalGirl2016 New Member

This is what brought me back to this website. I haven't been online here in ages....then...I saw the local news reports, that struck me as odd, regarding what the mother was saying right after vs., to hours or days later. Then the interview of them both.....I don't know about others, but <modsnip>....something is off. I hope they find her fast.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2021
  8. Indoorsy

Indoorsy Well-Known Member

Exactly…any instances of DV can not be minimized or rationalized in any way. It takes bravery for any woman or man to come forward with allegations of DV, and it does provide information on the home environment <modnsip>

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2021
  9. MyJoey

MyJoey Verified Family ~ Joseph “Joey” Ressler III

I was just reading your 2 quotes. I’m leaning that way. Sadly when you have 2 adults acting like children less then a year ago…..I don’t think anything changed. Hopefully my thinking is wrong.

10. MassGuy

Normally I’d be very concerned about any domestic violence history, but I’m not really interested at this point.

If dad was home at the time, then I’d feel completely different. As far as we know though, he was at work when this went down.

If we learn otherwise, then it’s back in play in terms of relevancy, but I’d be surprised if that changed.

11. SMK777

SMK777 Well-Known Member

That’s very disturbing.

12. MyJoey

MyJoey Verified Family ~ Joseph “Joey” Ressler III

It would be interesting to know if CPS was ever there before this.

13. heli

heli Well-Known Member

Am I allowed to post a link from a newspaper article?

14. SMK777

SMK777 Well-Known Member

15. heli

heli Well-Known Member

Marg from Oz, jenn83, DeDee and 9 others like this.
  16. MassGuy

Marg from Oz, misgrn, j_in_c and 19 others like this.
  17. steff13

steff13 Well-Known Member

It's probably not her, but if Summer's height is truly 3 feet as quoted on her missing poster, she is quite petite, below the 5th percentile for her age. She could appear younger than 5. Average height for a 5-year-old girl is 42" which is 6" taller than Summer.

18. TwoBlueJays

TwoBlueJays Well-Known Member

I believe someone spotted her with short hair and assumed 'boy'. Possibly sighted during errands CW or DW ran with the kids in tow, family outings like Sabbath days, trips to the state park, etc. In a small town it wouldn't be hard to find out where they lived and learn their routine. Could be a professional person like a doctor, public servant like a postal worker, a grocery checker, Walmart worker, drive through they frequented. Or none of these. It could be someone who kidnapped her to replace a child they lost, not RSO related.
    All moo.

19. LaineyJ

LaineyJ Well-Known Member

I have been following every post on this case since thread #1, though I have not posted in a few days. I have not found myself suspicious of the family yet, and feel lost as to what truly happened. No single direction feels like the answer to me.

with that being said, without getting too off topic, I want to share something as it relates to the family and mostly CB/CW. My child was taken when he was small, and I know that I reacted in a way that was likely not ‘normal’. The incident only lasted for a SHORT amount of time — maybe he was only missing for 30 minutes, maybe it was a few hours. My brain in that time was mush. I cannot tell you the details, time-wise unless I went back to read the police report. I felt as if I was totally under the influence, I couldn’t even speak well to the police. Similarly, it has been some years and I cannot recall every single detail. Despite it being a very traumatic and prominent event/incident....and this is while my child is completely safe and unharmed. Perhaps this is why I cut CB/CW some slack and don’t necessarily fret over the timeline not seeming perfect or aligned.

additionally, and what brought me to post tonight, is that my child, the same one, was in a car that was almost stolen today. He was in the car of a relative who was just a few feet away. The would-be thief brazenly walked up and got into the car before my relative quickly intervened. I share this with you all because I saw some comments in earlier thread(s) saying what are the chances lightning strikes a family twice. Too coincidental, etc.

We are not bad people or a bad family. We pay attention to my child and keep eyes on him as appropriate. He is happy, healthy and thriving. You may read this and disagree, or else how would it have happened to us? I do not know what power in the universe has created both of these terrible situations.

my last point: I am incredibly upset tonight, understandably, but what makes it worse is that I am triggered by event #2, causing me to re-hash event #1 in my brain. I have typed more words here than I have spoken aloud since the car incident earlier. I also believe this is a stress that CB/CW likely has dealt with since sweet summer went missing. The disappearance of her sister, now Summer...

perhaps my own experiences and possibly relating (in such a minor way) to CB/CW has clouded my judgement. I still just cannot find it in me to find what little we know to be suspicious yet. I could be terribly wrong, I will admit. My brain just will not pick a possibility and stick to it.

(sorry for the super long post...)

MamaSleuth5, KaJo87, Stina and 94 others like this.
  20. LaineyJ

LaineyJ Well-Known Member

Marg from Oz, misgrn, DeDee and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.