AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had some other questions about the thermal imaging but from what I have found so far is that it would work in a sinkhole but not in a cave structure.
Sink holes happen around here and there are caves. It might be time for them to bring the hunters and the locals in to search. I fear the thermal imaging may not be super helpful. I will admit I’m not knowledgeable in the arena of thermal heat, but we are talking about a small girl. Does thermal imaging pick up every large dog? I’m starting to lean toward opening up a search grid with volunteers.

Locals, how deep/wide is beech creek in that area? Anyone know? Is there a particular part kids swim in?
Not sure about that one specifically, but our water is lower right now. It has been pretty dry lately.
This is such a remote area. You could wander through 50-100 acres in places and not see anything but trees. I do think seasoned hunters may be an asset. Hawkins is a large county. I have to think someone on the emergency response team knows this area well. And hopefully knows those with tracking skills they could call in. I keep going back to the barefoot. I am Appalachian born and raised and spent most of my childhood running around bared, but that dense of an area would be so uncomfortable to walk through without shoes. It is concerning.

The sheriff says assistance from locals is not needed.
https://twitter.com/Anslee_WJHL/status/1405254544657981443?s=20

This worries me. I understand the terrain is rough and safety is important but it always makes me think bad things.

FBI called, tight-lipped/evasive answers at presser, don’t want local amateur help…

I think they know or at least reasonably suspect someone did something bad to this little girl.

I hope they find her alive, but I don’t think this will have a good outcome.

According to the news article at this link, SAR dogs were used until late that evening , but did not find a scent ?
If there was only a scent around the house area that is concerning.
Had Summer ever sneaked away for a short time, before ?
That is concerning that they didn't pick up her scent, coming in so quickly, knowing she walked out back door, sniffing where she was walking with bare feet. I'd think that would be easy to track?

goodness this is heartbreaking!!
this sweet little darling looks like a happy child! but the living conditions are concerning. <modsnip> also they keep saying a family member reported her missing? who is the family member? where were the parents?

Last edited by a moderator:
In all the recent photos on mom's FB ( from June 2021) it looks like it's been buzzed. So I'd assume it's still quite short.
yes they said the more accurate pictures are those of her with short hair. i kinda wonder why her hair was buzzed off? i hope it was just because she got gum in it or chopped off a huge part on her own as many of us have done as kids... <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
The search for 5-year-old Summer Wells continues this evening.

Many of you are asking if we have a suspect or vehicle description. We do not. Should we develop that type of information, we will share it with you immediately.

Call 1-800-TBI-FIND with info! #TNAMBERAlert

E4Cyp1dXMAISYdr.jpg

https://twitter.com/TBInvestigation/status/1405320426406952965

@THPFallBranch Troopers assisting the Hawkins County Sheriff’s Department, FBI, TBI, & multiple agencies in efforts to locate Summer Wells, missing from Hawkins County, Tennessee. We are keeping her in our prayers constantly! @HCSOSheriff @TBILeslie

E4C74cPXIAAlThM.jpg E4C74cPX0AM2MX-.jpg E4C74cQXEAQzi0g.jpg E4C74kZWEAE80go.jpg

https://twitter.com/THPFallBranch/status/1405329678173454340

Hope this ok to post. Candus Wells sister ( Rose Marie Bly) went missing in 2009. She’s never been found

Attachments

• 7F521DF2-26F9-4D22-993C-B4386840BFEC.jpeg
    7F521DF2-26F9-4D22-993C-B4386840BFEC.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 403
It's dark now. The temp has already dropped 10 degrees and is forecast a low of 51 tonight/early morning. That is very chilly! There's not much moonlight.
My daughter had long natural spiral curls. Only freshly washed tho and then it was a wild child look. I got her a short haircut. It was so much less trouble. She was mad about it but I notice as an adult she hasn't let it get very long again. lol. No more tears about getting it combed or brushed tho, big difference before and after. It was easy to maintain. It will grow out quickly. No need to sweat the small stuff.
Where can this little girl be and how can she be found? Thermal imaging must be picking up on so many people/animals?

yes they said the more accurate pictures are those of her with short hair. i kinda wonder why her hair was buzzed off? i hope it was just because she got gum in it or chopped off a huge part on her own as many of us have done as kids... <modsnip>
At least 2 of the siblings had shaved or buzzed cuts too in the pics I saw.

AMBER Alert – Summer Wells | TBI news release

HAWKINS COUNTY – The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation continues to work alongside the Hawkins County Sheriff’s Office, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Tennessee Highway Patrol, and numerous other local and state agencies to locate 5-year-old Summer Moon-Utah Wells, who became the subject of a statewide AMBER Alert on Wednesday, June 16th.

microsoftteams-image.png

She was reported missing to the Hawkins County Sheriff’s Office at approximately 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, June 15th. Hawkins County investigators immediately began working the case. Shortly after that, an Endangered Child Alert was issued. New information and a growing concern about the well-being of Summer prompted the TBI to issue a statewide AMBER Alert less than twelve hours later.

Summer has blonde hair, blue eyes, stands 3’0″, and weighs approximately 40 pounds. She was reportedly last seen wearing grey pants, a pink shirt and was possibly barefoot.

At this time, the circumstances of Summer’s disappearance remain unclear. Should we develop information that she was abducted and have suspect and vehicle specifics to provide, we will share it with the public immediately.

We are asking residents who live in the area of Ben Hill Road to please check any trail cameras or surveillance cameras they may have for video or photos of Summer. We also encourage residents in that area to check out buildings, sheds, or any other possible space where she could have sought shelter.

Please only share information from credible sources. Sharing speculation or rumors only makes the process more difficult for law enforcement by increasing the number of non-credible tips.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the TBI at 1-800-TBI-FIND or the Hawkins County Sheriff’s Office at 423-272-7121. Tips can be emailed to TipsToTBI@tn.gov.

copy-of-foundcaptured-1.png copy-of-foundcaptured.png copy-of-foundcaptured-2.png

https://twitter.com/TBInvestigation/status/1405345472911454208

ALL IMO!!, I'm not having a hinky meter on this, meaning I am not seeing something happened in the home itself. I do have a sick feeling if she was picked up after she left though. I'm trying to keep in mind they live in a very rural/wooded area and she seems to be comfortable in the outdoors so she could have just walked. Praying they find this child safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd