TN TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells Missing from Rogersville, June 2021 #34

Doubtful.

I had considered it possible that she had wandered away, but the screams heard by neighbors point to an abduction.

She may have wandered down to the road and been grabbed by a predator who saw an opportunity, but it's also possible that she was stalked and grabbed at or near the house.

If she was grabbed near the house, it could have been by someone known to the family—and the dogs. The dogs probably would have barked at a stranger (but might not have if they weren't right near the house or if the perp had been loitering on the property all day).
With this case, anything seems possible.

That said, I have watched interviews with the “heard screams” neighbor, and don’t consider that person credible. Were there screams? Certainly possible.

I still think sweet SW wandered off and got injured, yet to be found. Outdoor searches are incredibly difficult, even with dogs, drones and such. My second theory (as a far second), is that she passed in the SUV, and she was stashed in the hills.

If this was an accidental death and outcome known by some of the major players, I think H knows more than we have been told thus far.

100% amateur opinion and speculation.

New motions were filed in the Summer Wells Reward Fund lawsuit by the Church Hill Rescue Squad.

Summer’s parents, DW and CW, have been added as defendants in the suit, and the Children’s Advocacy Center has filed an answer asking the judge to make them the beneficiary of the fund.

wjhl news
11/28/22

That’s a rather clickbait-y headline RE the reward lawsuit. The Wells are not being sued because they did something wrong - they are being named as people who could potentially have an interest in the funds.

It’s not about suing the Wells (or anyone) - just having a judge determine where the funds go. It’s transactional. Anyone who could potentially have an interest in the funds has to be named, and it doesn’t sound like the Wells are trying to claim the funds. Whoever controls the funds currently is exercising prudence by having a judge make the determination. From the article:

“McMurry isn’t affiliated with the case but says that for the judge to have a valid ruling, all parties who could have a claim on the money in the fund must be notified.”

I am not in favor of DW or CB-W receiving the aforementioned funds. Rather, IMHO, the funds should go to a local search and rescue group, or similar legitimate 501C3 organization in honor of SW. Alternatively, the funds could go in a trust and be released to the W boys when they reach "x" age. My 3 cents worth.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I am not in favor of DW or CB-W receiving the aforementioned funds. Rather, IMHO, the funds should go to a local search and rescue group, or similar legitimate 501C3 organization in honor of SW. Alternatively, the funds could go in a trust and be released to the W boys when they reach "x" age. My 3 cents worth.

Amateur opinion and speculation

The parents are not requesting any money.

New motions were filed in the Summer Wells Reward Fund lawsuit by the Church Hill Rescue Squad.

Summer’s parents, DW and CW, have been added as defendants in the suit, and the Children’s Advocacy Center has filed an answer asking the judge to make them the beneficiary of the fund.

wjhl news
11/28/22
How ridiculous. The Wells' clearly stated they have no financial interest in the reward money and the lawyer for the advocacy center only added them based on:

“I can only speculate, but after contemplating the lawsuit and thinking it over, potentially I suppose some of the parties actually considered that maybe Don Wells or Candus Wells have some kind of interest in this money,” said McMurray.

WTH? Drag Candus and Don through the mud because they "potentially" "might" have an interest in the reward money.

No matter what I or anyone else thinks of Summer's parents, this is close to libel IMO. SMDH.

How ridiculous. The Wells' clearly stated they have no financial interest in the reward money and the lawyer for the advocacy center only added them based on:

“I can only speculate, but after contemplating the lawsuit and thinking it over, potentially I suppose some of the parties actually considered that maybe Don Wells or Candus Wells have some kind of interest in this money,” said McMurray.

WTH? Drag Candus and Don through the mud because they "potentially" "might" have an interest in the reward money.

No matter what I or anyone else thinks of Summer's parents, this is close to libel IMO. SMDH.

It’s a clickbait headline but the actual legal proceedings are reasonable IMO. The fund is just notifying anyone & everyone who could plausibly have an interest - not necessarily anyone/everyone who wants the $. I’ve never had a reward $ case (or any case in TN) so JMO.

I’m local to the area, news broke yesterday that a body was found in a neighboring town in the woods….they aren’t releasing any information. Couldn’t help but wonder if it may be Summer :(

Not super close, right? An hour and a half away?
No not super close, but close enough where people travel between the areas here and there all the time. We’re a pretty rural area. My sons doctors offices are an hour away if that puts it in perspective.

It was close enough to raise my eye brow when they said they found a body. I really hope it’s not her, I do, but a body being found without any details is concerning.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back