Presumed Located TN-Timothy John Wilson, 37, Nashville, 22 Apr 2018

tnhybrid

Reaction score
http://fox17.com/news/local/metro-nashville-police-searching-shelby-park-by-land-water-for-missing-man

Police say a BOLO was issued Tuesday for Tim Wilson after his car was found at Shelby Park. Inside Wilson's vehicle was his wallet and personal items. Police have been using mounted police, ATVs and K-9 officers to aid in the search since Tuesday.

https://www.facebook.com/helpfindtimwilson/

News articles don't mention Tim's age - my guess is about 30. Fingers crossed he's found safe soon.

Me, too. One thing that makes this hard to think about: It's been raining and cold here for several days (actually weeks now, with only a few intermittent breaks in the weather.) It's hard to see why someone would set up in Shelby Park without shelter - Tim's gear was found at home.

Bumping for Tim! Interesting comments if you do a search of his name on Facebook.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

After Wilson's car was found in Shelby Park Tuesday, police on mounted patrols and officers on ATVs have attempted to find him in the park,. "There are four square miles of dense brush, and so far we have not located Mr. Wilson." Wilson's wallet was found inside his vehicle.

A woman listed as Wilson's girlfriend on Facebook is also leading a separate search party with some of Wilson's friends.

https://www.nashvillescene.com/news...ing-shelby-park-for-missing-person-tim-wilson

According to his find page, his phone was mailed to a friend. That does not sound good, IMO.

According to his find page, his phone was mailed to a friend. That does not sound good, IMO.
I thought they found the car because of the phone pings? I'm so confused!

My gosh they are such a beautiful couple, and he just looks like a great guy. Against logic and the odds, let us pray this one makes it back home alive. Sending prayers to his family and girlfriend. C'mon Tim, time to go home. Where are you?

So why would he mail his phone to a friend?

1. So no one could find him
2. There was something on the phone he wanted the friend to see
3. ?

So why would he mail his phone to a friend?

1. So no one could find him
2. There was something on the phone he wanted the friend to see
3. ?
3. Someone else mailed it to the friend (possibly the friend mailed it to himself because he did something and is trying to keep suspicion off of himself)

Probably not, but you never know...

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Bumping for Tim! Interesting comments if you do a search of his name on Facebook.

Yeah, I have spent this am reading and it would seem those around him are assuming the worse (and already memorializing him), I am assuming their must be omnious news/evidence that hasn't been shared publicly.

So now Find Tim page has posted that Tim sent his phone and other personal belongings as well as a note to a friend. They are not saying what the other items were or what the note said.

Sadly, I predict this will not have a good ending.

His FB page: https://www.facebook.com/timjwilsonmusic

Possible sighting in Portland, TN according to a missing FB page set up for him. https://www.facebook.com/helpfindtimwilson/ Have read some comments that state he was distraught when he went missing. I pray he is ok.

a30212d32393b1b31c2b638fbe7df3d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So now Find Tim page has posted that Tim sent his phone and other personal belongings as well as a note to a friend. They are not saying what the other items were or what the note said.

Sadly, I predict this will not have a good ending.

I agree. My theory is that he is currently in the Cumberland River. It moves pretty quick and is pretty wide. Just because it has been searched doesn’t mean he’s not there. There are two bridges at Shelby Park (one a pedestrian bridge, the other a train trestle) that he could have jumped from.

Another possible explanation is that Tim is no longer in the Nashville area. This story hasn’t caught much attention nationally at all. He could be somewhere else, just living life as himself, without anyone being aware that he is missing. He could have hopped on a train in Shelby Park and went wherever it took him, leaving everything behind. I’ve been told he is a free spirit, so this wouldn’t be a stretch st all.

I also wonder if he hitchhiked to the Appalachian Trail. Plenty of people are willing to help individuals coming down that trial and he would be at home there, based on what I’ve heard from people that know him.

I helped search for Tim in Shelby Park. A few things to note: there is far too much ground to cover for the small number of volunteers that have showed up. The search maps on FB are pretty generous IMO as well. There were not teams of 20 people doing straight line searches across the park. You’re taking 1-3 people, without much direction, walking at their will through places that were easy to access. Most volunteers were not prepared for the conditions... including ankle deep water, mud, and extremely hard to navigate brush with thorns and the like. And therefore, many of the places like this haven’t been thoroughly searched. If he truly doesn’t want to be found, all he would have to do is head to the middle of one of these really thick areas and lay down.

The friends of his that I met are doing a great job and are the kindest people ever. I just wish they had more resources and experience. They are doing their best and sadly it hasn’t turned up anything yet.

If anyone has questions about the park or search, I’m glad to answer as best I can.

I agree. My theory is that he is currently in the Cumberland River. It moves pretty quick and is pretty wide. Just because it has been searched doesn’t mean he’s not there. There are two bridges at Shelby Park (one a pedestrian bridge, the other a train trestle) that he could have jumped from.

Another possible explanation is that Tim is no longer in the Nashville area. This story hasn’t caught much attention nationally at all. He could be somewhere else, just living life as himself, without anyone being aware that he is missing. He could have hopped on a train in Shelby Park and went wherever it took him, leaving everything behind. I’ve been told he is a free spirit, so this wouldn’t be a stretch st all.

I also wonder if he hitchhiked to the Appalachian Trail. Plenty of people are willing to help individuals coming down that trial and he would be at home there, based on what I’ve heard from people that know him.

I helped search for Tim in Shelby Park. A few things to note: there is far too much ground to cover for the small number of volunteers that have showed up. The search maps on FB are pretty generous IMO as well. There were not teams of 20 people doing straight line searches across the park. You’re taking 1-3 people, without much direction, walking at their will through places that were easy to access. Most volunteers were not prepared for the conditions... including ankle deep water, mud, and extremely hard to navigate brush with thorns and the like. And therefore, many of the places like this haven’t been thoroughly searched. If he truly doesn’t want to be found, all he would have to do is head to the middle of one of these really thick areas and lay down.

The friends of his that I met are doing a great job and are the kindest people ever. I just wish they had more resources and experience. They are doing their best and sadly it hasn’t turned up anything yet.

If anyone has questions about the park or search, I’m glad to answer as best I can.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Thank you for going to look for him. I do wonder - were LE heading up the searches or was it just friends/family? I would think LE would be more thorough. What was the general mood of everyone? Are they thinking he will be found alive?

Thanks for sharing your experience. Thank you for going to look for him. I do wonder - were LE heading up the searches or was it just friends/family? I would think LE would be more thorough. What was the general mood of everyone? Are they thinking he will be found alive?

Law enforcement did their ‘own’ search, but did not manage the volunteer search. They used a helicopter, horseback officers, ATVs, golf carts, and sonar in the river. However, the on-the-ground search by LE only covered man made trails from what I understand. The park has paved and unpaved trails throughout. Unlikely someone would harm themselves in the middle of a manmade trial, IMO. The wooded areas have been left up to volunteers. No LE was in sight the day I was there.

People openly talked about the likelihood of finding him deceased and places he may be found - such has up in a tree, or on the ground at the base of the train trestle. It really sounds to me like most people who came out view this as a body recovery, which is logical given that we were searching in a place that he was last seen several days (now over a week) ago.

I heard from multiple people that he was in a tough spot emotionally. Apparently his relationship with his SO may have ended or been on the brink of ending soon. His life hadn’t panned out quite like he had hoped. He was a musician and hoped to make it a career, I’m told. Yet nothing had truly worked out for him so far.

Some of this information is from individuals that knew him, but may not have spoken to him in some time. So please don’t consider it ‘fact’ but rather some possibilities about how he was doing.

I think it’s unlikely but not impossible that he is in the park. Unfortunately with spring upon us, some areas have such dense foliage that it may not be until fall that someone sees something, if he is here.

It has been mentioned that Tim mailed his phone to a friend. That is particularly ominous. Either he did it to give away a possession that he thought his friend needed, or he wanted them to see something on the phone, or both.

As long as no earthly remains have been found, we must hold out hope he is still alive. Even if it is the slightest possibility. Let's hope that against all odds Tim is still alive, will be found, and can receive the support and help he needs.

It has been mentioned that Tim mailed his phone to a friend. That is particularly ominous. Either he did it to give away a possession that he thought his friend needed, or he wanted them to see something on the phone, or both.

As long as no earthly remains have been found, we must hold out hope he is still alive. Even if it is the slightest possibility. Let's hope that against all odds Tim is still alive, will be found, and can receive the support and help he needs.

It’s true - he may still be alive. He had the personality to drop everything and go on an adventure, from what I was told. Perhaps he felt lonely and just decided that no one would care if he vanished, and he’s living his dream adventure. We can only hope.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back