TN - Tyre Nichols, beaten to death by 5 Memphis Police Officers, Jan 2023 *officers charged*

@ShayA_WREG3

City of Memphis says 13 officers total are part of the Tyre Nichols case. Recently notified 8 additional officers receiving notice of policy violations. Investigation is ongoing. Hearings will be held at the end of next week.
@3onyourside

@zariaoates

Chief Davis: “Even individuals who did not make the scene but also had some level of responsibility are also being evaluated” The seventh officer was not fired yet, only relieved of duty. As of now “they’re still holding hearings,” according to Chief Davis.

Memphis Police Chief CJ Davis: The officers who were formerly in the Scorpion unit have been “reassigned to other organized crime units”

Last edited:

".... Memphis’ police chief acknowledged have dogged the department as the city became one of the nation’s murder hotspots: a chronic shortage of officers, especially supervisors, increasing numbers of police quitting and a struggle to bring in qualified recruits.

“They would allow just
pretty much anybody to be a police officer because they just want these numbers,” said Alvin Davis, a former lieutenant in charge of recruiting before he retired last year out of frustration. “They’re not ready for it."

The department offered new recruits $15,000 signing bonuses and $10,000 relocation allowances while phasing out requirements to have either college credits, military service or previous police work. All that's now required is two years' work experience —
any work experience...."

Emphasis mine.
Say what ????

Oh, yes, that sounds like a plan. :rolleyes:
Who ok'd this fiasco ?
M00.

As Tyre Nichols sat propped against a police car, bloodied, dazed and handcuffed after being beaten by a group of Memphis police officers, one of those officers took a picture of him and sent it to at least five people, the Memphis Police Department said in a document released by the state on Tuesday.

In the newly released documents, police officials said that one of the five officers, Demetrius Haley, admitted to sending a photograph of Mr. Nichols to at least five people, including two fellow officers, a civilian employee of the department and a female acquaintance. A sixth person also received the photo, the records state

All of this now makes me wonder if Tyre was actually targeted.

So many people involved with this one traffic stop? Why aren't all of these LE employees doing their own jobs at that time and/or busy with other police duties.

I can't understand it.

VISUAL INVESTIGATIONS

Officers Manhandled and Beat Tyre Nichols. We Tracked Each One’s Role.​

The Times found no verbal communications or actions by officers during the encounter that signaled Mr. Nichols posed a potential threat or was even acting aggressively. Yet each of the six officers immediately used physical force. The analysis also found the officers’ actions lacked coordination and served no clear tactical purpose. They continued to escalate their use of force even as Mr. Nichols became increasingly incapacitated and incoherent.

Footage and police documents show that at least some of the officers were aware that they were being filmed by body cameras. Video also captures two additional police officers arriving during the final blows and one supervisor, a lieutenant, who appeared about six minutes later as Mr. Nichols lay on the street severely injured.

At least 14 responders were at the scene before the ambulance arrived, including 12 law enforcement officers, footage shows.

As Tyre Nichols sat propped against a police car, bloodied, dazed and handcuffed after being beaten by a group of Memphis police officers, one of those officers took a picture of him and sent it to at least five people, the Memphis Police Department said in a document released by the state on Tuesday.

In the newly released documents, police officials said that one of the five officers, Demetrius Haley, admitted to sending a photograph of Mr. Nichols to at least five people, including two fellow officers, a civilian employee of the department and a female acquaintance. A sixth person also received the photo, the records state

I have been waiting for the other body cam videos to be released.

This:

A female acquaintance? Why? Tyre Nichols was close to his home when he was pulled over. Why was he pulled over? Why was he beaten to death? Why did the officer send a picture of a dying Nichols to a female acquaintance?

I really want full disclosure.

".... Memphis’ police chief acknowledged have dogged the department as the city became one of the nation’s murder hotspots: a chronic shortage of officers, especially supervisors, increasing numbers of police quitting and a struggle to bring in qualified recruits.

“They would allow just
pretty much anybody to be a police officer because they just want these numbers,” said Alvin Davis, a former lieutenant in charge of recruiting before he retired last year out of frustration. “They’re not ready for it."

The department offered new recruits $15,000 signing bonuses and $10,000 relocation allowances while phasing out requirements to have either college credits, military service or previous police work. All that's now required is two years' work experience —
any work experience...."

Emphasis mine.
Say what ????

Oh, yes, that sounds like a plan. :rolleyes:
Who ok'd this fiasco ?
M00.
Reminds me of what happened with the LAPD in the 1980s after they lowered the requirements and hired unqualified officers, some with previous criminal or gang activity. Imo

I wonder if Demetrius Mr Limpy in the video?
All of this now makes me wonder if Tyre was actually targeted.

So many people involved with this one traffic stop? Why aren't all of these LE employees doing their own jobs at that time and/or busy with other police duties.

I can't understand it.
I have thought so after watching the pole camera and seeing the instant aggression. The one guy running up and kicking him after just arriving on the scene. Now that I know photos have been taken and sent to multiple people it makes me wonder if one of them knew the victim and if they did how?

That is beyond disgusting: it is deplorable.
So he was not Mr. Limpy. I do remember seeing him take photos when I first watched it but it never crossed my mind that he sent them to people.

But he was the guy that kicked him in the head?

"Nichols ran from officers after Haley pepper sprayed him in the face. A group of cops chased him down and beat him before handcuffing him.

Haley caught up after after the assault, and while Nichols was restrained kicked him hard in the head."

This all just seems so targeted. But maybe not. Curious to find out what words were sent with those texts.

So he was not Mr. Limpy. I do remember seeing him take photos when I first watched it but it never crossed my mind that he sent them to people.
It was D. Smith who was limping. And he stated it was from prior trauma.
I don't want to subscribe to NY Times for one article. Is there a free version anywhere?

I have been waiting for the other body cam videos to be released.

This:

A female acquaintance? Why? Tyre Nichols was close to his home when he was pulled over. Why was he pulled over? Why was he beaten to death? Why did the officer send a picture of a dying Nichols to a female acquaintance?

I really want full disclosure.

JMO, I have no way to prove it. It had a personal element, and maybe someone else advised DH to organize it. If there was an element of planning, it could explain why the photo was sent to other officers who were in the know. It is just my personal feeling. However, I don't see more people than these five, and then PH at the original stop, but it seems that more officers are facing reprimand.

But he was the guy that kicked him in the head?

"Nichols ran from officers after Haley pepper sprayed him in the face. A group of cops chased him down and beat him before handcuffing him.

Haley caught up after after the assault, and while Nichols was restrained kicked him hard in the head."

This all just seems so targeted. But maybe not. Curious to find out what words were sent with those texts.
Former officer Justin Smith said on the day in question, he was supposed to be on desk duty due to an on-the-job knee injury he suffered the day before, but a supervisor told him to be on patrol.

Decertification documents:

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood