TN - Tyre Nichols, beaten to death by 5 Memphis Police Officers, Jan 2023 *officers charged*

If this does turn out to be a vendetta/personal grudge/intentional, that would come with first degree murder charges. And that may lead to punishments of life in prison or death penalty.
Yes.
Because it would mean a kind of "ambush"/premeditation.

And the Police badge was treated as a prop to commit the crime.

As in the case of Wayne C. in the UK who kidnapped and murdered Sarah E.
JMO

Last edited:
MOD NOTE:

The Newsweek Fact Check article that discusses various rumors is not allowed. Aleks Phillips, the author of the article, admits the claims are unverified rumors. As such and given that WS adheres to a strict victim friendly policy and also does not allow rumors, the article and its discussion topic are off-limits. Do not discuss, mention or link to the article.

How heartbreaking that he needed to say this. In regards to this rumor, my gut tells me this was something that started from within local first responders (that is where it seems to have started) as a means of explaining why something like this could happen. Kind of to protect their own, although it would be just as disturbing albeit very different. As if this justified this behavior.

Also, how sad for the wives of these officers. Every single one has been the “scapegoat” so to speak.

Last edited by a moderator:

You’ll have to subscribe to read the article but you don’t have to pay.
Well, there it is.^^^
Past disciplinary action against most of them.
Memphis PD needs to 'vet' and improve their hiring protocols !
M00.

Well, there it is.^^^
Past disciplinary action against most of them.
Memphis PD needs to 'vet' and improve their hiring protocols !
M00.
From the article in that link:

"An analysis of the personnel records of the five officers included mainly procedural violations, car accidents and accidental damage of department equipment for four of the officers."

https://www.npr.org/2023/01/30/1152543165/6th-officer-tyre-nichols-preston-hemphill

On Monday, the department confirmed that a sixth officer, Preston Hemphill, had been "relieved of duty," according to spokesperson Kimberly Elder. Hemphill was hired in 2018. A seventh officer, whom the department did not identify, was also suspended. All seven officers were initially suspended on Jan. 8, police said.

It's not clear why the city waited until Monday to reveal the suspensions of Hemphill and the seventh officer. Hemphill has not been charged related to the beating and subsequent death of Nichols.

=========

So why isnt the 6th and 7th officer arrested? What is different about them?

You’ll have to subscribe to read the article but you don’t have to pay.
That seems to be a brief summary. I have however seen they all seem to have past disciplinary action, but I don’t know that we would see DV issues with certainty. That would need to be reported, etc.

https://www.npr.org/2023/01/30/1152543165/6th-officer-tyre-nichols-preston-hemphill

On Monday, the department confirmed that a sixth officer, Preston Hemphill, had been "relieved of duty," according to spokesperson Kimberly Elder. Hemphill was hired in 2018. A seventh officer, whom the department did not identify, was also suspended. All seven officers were initially suspended on Jan. 8, police said.

It's not clear why the city waited until Monday to reveal the suspensions of Hemphill and the seventh officer. Hemphill has not been charged related to the beating and subsequent death of Nichols.

=========

So why isnt the 6th and 7th officer arrested? What is different about them?
Moo.

I think it is likely there is a lot we do not know and MPD is left trying to sort out a lot.

I don’t know that everyone can be charged criminally. Maybe, but I just don’t know if that is the best answer. I assume they gave the names of the officers that were directly involved and “easier” to charge. As soon as they were charged, that became public so they couldn’t “hide” that.

I am not saying “they” were trying to hide anything (and I am not saying they are not) but when they were arrested mugshots existed.

Moo.

I think it is likely there is a lot we do not know and MPD is left trying to sort out a lot.

I don’t know that everyone can be charged criminally. Maybe, but I just don’t know if that is the best answer. I assume they gave the names of the officers that were directly involved and “easier” to charge. As soon as they were charged, that became public so they couldn’t “hide” that.

I am not saying “they” were trying to hide anything (and I am not saying they are not) but when they were arrested mugshots existed.
I dont know. There is something about the cop thats different, hmm

I dont know. There is something about the cop thats different, hmm

Agreed...and, apparently he did not go to the second scene where the rest of the crime took place. And, I had read that "Hemphill’s attorney Lee Gerald, sent FOX13 the following statement.

“I can confirm that I represent Memphis Police Officer Preston Hemphill who was the third officer at the initial stop of Mr. Nichols. Video One is his bodycam footage. As per departmental regulations Officer Hemphill activated his bodycam. He was never present at the second scene. He is cooperating with officials in this investigation.” Another Memphis Police officer involved in Tyre Nichols confrontation relieved of duty

Since he is cooperating, he must be getting some preferential treatment (IMHO) even though, he tased Mr. Nichols AND wanted them to stomp him......

The whole situation is disgusting. If any one on that scene helped that murder to happen they should be charged accordingly. If a person is a party to a crime (at least that is what we often hear from LE) then they should be held responsible just like the doer of the crime. Charge them all from my perspective as they allowed this man to be slaughtered for no reason at all.

Agreed...and, apparently he did not go to the second scene where the rest of the crime took place. And, I had read that "Hemphill’s attorney Lee Gerald, sent FOX13 the following statement.

“I can confirm that I represent Memphis Police Officer Preston Hemphill who was the third officer at the initial stop of Mr. Nichols. Video One is his bodycam footage. As per departmental regulations Officer Hemphill activated his bodycam. He was never present at the second scene. He is cooperating with officials in this investigation.” Another Memphis Police officer involved in Tyre Nichols confrontation relieved of duty

Since he is cooperating, he must be getting some preferential treatment (IMHO) even though, he tased Mr. Nichols AND wanted them to stomp him......

The whole situation is disgusting. If any one on that scene helped that murder to happen they should be charged accordingly. If a person is a party to a crime (at least that is what we often hear from LE) then they should be held responsible just like the doer of the crime. Charge them all from my perspective as they allowed this man to be slaughtered for no reason at all.
Im sure he is getting preferential treatment

IMO he was definitely a party to the crime.

If they charge getaway drivers with murder, this cop should be too

Everyone gathered around while TN was laid against the car should be held accountable in some form and IMO should not ever wear a badge again at the very least. It's still unbelievable to see that not a single person did anything more than shine a flashlight in his face while he was writhing on the ground.

That seems to be a brief summary. I have however seen they all seem to have past disciplinary action, but I don’t know that we would see DV issues with certainty. That would need to be reported, etc.
Bbm.
I believe that is correct !

Also, wouldn't the abused person need to press charges in order for there to be a written report with the Memphis PD ?
Imo.

It is disgusting, but I don’t know that 2nd degree murder charges would hold for everyone involved.

How I feel emotionally and morally about it isn’t going to change the law. There were five people beating TN to death and those five saw the first charges because of the actions they took.

I find it unlikely we won’t see charges for anyone else.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge
Back