TN - Tyre Nichols, beaten to death by 5 Memphis Police Officers, Jan 2023 *officers charged*

So these cops tried to hide that they were there.......They tried to hide that they were there. But, the department thinks that after the suspensions they will be honest and truthful officers. Hmmmmm, I just don't think so. That right there is the problem----- they were not good honest cops and now we know they are not but they have their job back and can interface with the public and possibly be involved in a crime against another person.
Yeah; I think they should be fired and prevented from working in LE again anywhere.

Tadarrius Bean, Demetrius Haley, Desmond Mills Jr., Emmitt Martin III and Justin Smith are scheduled at 9 a.m. in Criminal Court Division 3 before Judge James Jones.
Former officer shared photo of Tyre Nichols with five people after beating, new documents say
63e3bc81c3d78.image.png

New documents released show the conclusions reached by MPD that led to five officers being fired after Nichols’ death.

In addition to second-degree murder, the officers have been charged with with aggravated assault, aggravated kidnapping, official misconduct and official oppression.

They are all out on bond.

The arrest and subsequent beating of Nichols, who died three days later in a hospital, occurred near the intersection of Raines and Ross roads just before 8:30 p.m.

Police released a video of the confrontation on Jan. 28.

After an expediated internal MPD investigation and one by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, the men were fired and later the Shelby County District Attorney's office levied charges.

Memphis officials announced that seven additional MPD officers could be facing disciplinary action, pending the Justice Review Unit's findings.

@WBAY

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - 5 former Memphis police officers plead not guilty to murder, other charges in violent arrest and death of Tyre Nichols.

Judge Jones says this case “will take some time.”

Next court date is set for May 1.

So these cops tried to hide that they were there.......They tried to hide that they were there. But, the department thinks that after the suspensions they will be honest and truthful officers. Hmmmmm, I just don't think so. That right there is the problem----- they were not good honest cops and now we know they are not but they have their job back and can interface with the public and possibly be involved in a crime against another person.
Exactly! And where are the charges or disciplinary measures regarding their failure to intervene or render aid? Isn't that a mandatory duty of all LEO?

I am thinking of what this trial, and the death of a Memphis policeman today, will do for already tattered Memphis PD. The inhabitants of Memphis, TN, are poor people, and they probably can't move away. So they deserve normal police that won't beat them to death or hunt like animals, and also, they deserve order, so people are not shot in libraries. How are, or can these problems even be resolved for poor neighborhoods?

They still didnt arrest the "other" cops?
So only a select few are going to be sacrificed to the court?
Why?

Many reasons but I suspect, nr 1 is they'll run out of the policemen, nr 2, stretch in the budget to hire and to pay for potential collateral lawsuits (there is one against Mills, there might be more).

The way I understand it, it is very unfair, but it took Memphis PD a lot - lower requirements, sign-in bonuses - to sign in even these five. It was really patching the holes. In the meantime, one LEO was killed in the library by a criminal. If they prosecute more, they'll stay without any policemen at all, and hiring will be exceptionally difficult. I am not from the LE world, but this is how it looks from the logical standpoint.

Last edited:
The release of additional footage and documents related to the Tyre Nichols investigation has been put on hold.

Attorney Blake Ballin, who represents Desmond Mills, filed a motion to stop the release of additional footage in relation to the investigation into Tyre Nichols’ death.

A hearing was held Wednesday morning, city officials confirmed, and the judge signed off on the order.

Also Wednesday, the Justice Department announced it will review the Memphis Police Department policies on the use of force, de-escalation strategies and specialized units in response to the fatal beating of Tyre Nichols during an arrest. The 29-year-old motorist died Jan. 10, three days after his violent arrest.

They showed that part of the video a short time ago on CNN. I don't know, in my opinion it didn't seem as if anyone there was frightened. It appeared there were many (firemen, EMTs) just standing there, letting him lay on the ground for quite a long time, when they should have been giving him medical attention, per CNN (live right now on TV). This is so disturbing. And then for the police to stand around joking about it while he is laying on the ground.... really unbelievable. I hope the death penalty will come into play in this case.
This was sickening to watch. Where are the neighbors with their cellphones while this beatdown was happening. This was a big disturbance, and it lasted a long time.
Who ignores blazing red and blue lights, screaming, body slamming, and shouting right outide their windows!
I wonder why no citizens came out to lend eyewitness and video support to this young man. They might have made a difference in the outcome. That is another thing that troubles me, what the h3ll is wrong with people?

This was sickening to watch. Where are the neighbors with their cellphones while this beatdown was happening. This was a big disturbance, and it lasted a long time.
Who ignores blazing red and blue lights, screaming, body slamming, and shouting right outide their windows!
I wonder why no citizens came out to lend eyewitness and video support to this young man. They might have made a difference in the outcome. That is another thing that troubles me, what the h3ll is wrong with people?
I think they were all terrified to come outside to even see what was happening. When a citizen is equally afraid of both the criminals and the cops, something has gone very wrong.

Medical examiner's report showed he "died of brain injuries from blunt force trauma"

Tyre Nichols was UNDER the legal alcohol limit despite first responders claiming he was drunk

Last edited:
All of the cops were off the chain when they first pulled him from the car. Would they have jerked their brother or their son around like that? The poor kid was scared witless, he would not be able to follow their directions while the adrenaline and cortisol was flooding his brain, signaling he was in grave danger. That's all he knew in that split second, and he reacted.

Attorneys for Justin Smith filed a motion Tuesday in Criminal Court that says the state is using videos from two separate scenes to try Smith and the other officers. It also says Smith was only present at one of the scenes.

The motion also says trying the five men together will make it seem like Smith was at both scenes and that evidence can be used against him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back