TN TN - William McKenzie Jr., 21, Jackson, 27 Sep 2019 *vehicle with remains found 2021*

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 2, 2019.

1. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

His mother last spoke with her son, William Brian McKenzie, Jr., 21, on the phone on Friday after he finished work at Denny's. He told her he was on his way home and that he loved her. The next morning, she found he had not returned.

McKenzie's phone was turned off after he spoke with her Friday. Friends told her he visited their home in Madison County that evening, but said they didn't know where he went after he left.

McKenzie was driving her black 2006 Jeep Liberty, which is also missing.

McKenzie is roughly 6'1'' and weighs around 180 pounds. He has dark hair and brown eyes. He was last seen driving a black 2006 Jeep Liberty with license plate number 3L66T7.

The vehicle has white Star Wars stickers on each side of the bottom back window. The left side of the bumper is dented and the vehicle has a spare tire attached to the back.

Jackson mother asks for help finding missing son

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. wendybtn

wendybtn Well-Known Member

The one thing that makes really leery about this case is it has been about a week and he was driving his mom's vehicle. Surely, if he was all right, he would have returned it. Maybe not, but it sounds very out of character for him.

3. TatianaBarbie

TatianaBarbie Well-Known Member

Another new article:

https://www.wnbjtv.com/single-post/...inding-her-missing-son-William-Brian-McKenzie

I quoted the parts that had additional information. In additon, the mother said his last call on his cell phone was to her and is now inactive. The cell phone info was confirmed by LE.

4. swanniee11

swanniee11 Well-Known Member

5. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Jackson mother asks for help finding missing son

Gaines said her son usually comes home to shower after work and doesn't leave the house without "being prepped up." His clothes and shoes are still in his room.

"He's still in his Denny's uniform right now," she said.

McKenzie recently got his driver's license and Gaines said he wasn't yet comfortable driving on the highway.

6. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

I hope they've been checking possible routes from the friend's house that he was at to his home for places he could've gone off the road into water or down an embankment.

Marg from Oz, YaYa_521, Cagle and 5 others like this.
  7. JerseyGirl

[​IMG]

McKenzie went to a friend’s house in Madison County after getting off work at Denny’s on Sand Pebble Drive.

McKenzie was last seen wearing his black Denny’s uniform. He’s 6’1″, and weighs around 180 pounds.

Police say his cell phone has been turned off.

Mother of missing Jackson man speaks out - WBBJ TV

8. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Jackson police say McKenzie went to a friend’s house in Madison County after getting off work at Denny’s on Sand Pebble Drive.

“That day he went to work, I talked to him and he said he was on his way home. The next day, I didn’t see the Jeep in the driveway, and I knew something was wrong. It’s not like Brian.

“I wish people would understand that if something happened, if something was wrong, they should’ve just come forward to begin with,” Gaines said.

I think I see where this is heading :(

9. GraceG

GraceG Well-Known Member

His poor mother. I find it odd that he only recently got a driver's license and he's 21. I hope they check the route he would have driven. If he was new to driving, especially at night, he could have gone off the road. Praying he is found soon.

10. Darling136

Darling136 Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

He is still missing, this is really a weird story, where is he?

11. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Police stated he went to a friend’s house after work & his mom stated he called her to say he was on his way home...this creates questions for me...
    Did his mom know he went by a friend’s house or did she learn that from LE?
    When he called his mom to say he was heading home, was this before or after he stopped at the friend’s house?
    Is this friend someone who the mom knows, is familiar with?

12. natesma

natesma Well-Known Member

RBBM, I can speak to these points, as my oldest son was diagnosed with a seizure disorder at age 5. Long story short, his seizures continued, even medicated, into his late teen years. He was finally seizure free for the required period (90 days or 6 months-I cannot recall, and laws are different in each state) and he was able to get his license at age 19.

I’d like to say that I was less nervous about him as a new driver because he was a bit older and more mature, but that wasn’t the case. It was very nerve-wracking because he was still a NEW driver!! So I wholeheartedly agree that they should be searching near the roads along his route. Surely they have done this?!
    IMO/MOO

13. Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge Armchair Detective

bump!

foxbluff, YaYa_521 and natesma like this.
  14. natesma

Bumping again. His mom is still relentlessly searching for her handsome son. Where is he?!
    IMO/MOO

15. JerseyGirl

On Sunday morning, a group of nearly 30 people came together at Northeast Middle School to continue the search. They’re still looking for any clues that could help in the investigation. They divided into two groups and searched the nearby area. Some on foot, others in cars.

Search continues for missing Jackson man - WBBJ TV

foxbluff, YaYa_521, Jokester and 4 others like this.
  16. Kittybunny

Kittybunny Well-Known Member

Sad case! I am not familiar with the area to know whether an undiscovered accident is a possibility. If not, I hope they cleared the friend he went to see. But since his car is missing as well, I lean towards accident.

Marg from Oz, YaYa_521, Dre and 2 others like this.
  17. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Search continues for missing Jackson man - WBBJ TV

Stanfill said they’re still looking for any clues that could help in the investigation.

“We have not received any tips since his disappearance in the initial publication, which is very unusual in a case like this. Any help would be greatly appreciated,” Stanfill said.

18. JerseyGirl

“On the night that he was last seen was a passenger in his vehicle, the individual’s name, Keenan Murphy,” said Sgt. Stanfill.

In an unrelated case, investigators said Keenan Murphy was charged with 2 counts of murder and 2 counts of attempted murder back in September.

“So he disappeared with Keenan. He is the last to be seen with him. If you know anything at all, just say something, undercover, give a tip, no one will say anything.”

[​IMG]

Two mothers continue to search for their missing sons - WBBJ TV

19. natesma

https://www.wbbjtv.com/2019/12/05/hearing-reveals-details-on-two-jackson-killings/

Based on this article I’m linking, KM sounds like a straight-up psychopath.

Additionally, WBM’s mom has posted a fundraiser on Facebook which contains some disturbing details. :-(

This does not bode well for WBM. All IMO/MOO etc.

RSBM/RBBM:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  20. ms_x_to_the_m

ms_x_to_the_m Well-Known Member

WOW, this KM is quite the character. Ugh William where are you?