Today is the day (10/14/08) the Grand Jury Meets! # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
FBI agent testifies
12:05 p.m. The third person to testify before the grand jury late this morning was FBI Agent Nick Savage.

He recently left the courtroom with prosecutors as they adjourned for lunch.

They will reconvene at 1 p.m.

I can't believe Baez isn't filing motions to find out what they are having for lunch. It's a conspiracy to taint the jury pool.

Ooooo...I never considered that GA could be given immunity from prosecution for any role he had. Now that is quite possible. Interesting!

I have always thought GA knew more or helped move the body.

Looking at the WESH coverage I just feel such sadness for GA. I know I might get bashed for saying it but he's the only one I have any sort of sympathy for. I just felt incredible loneliness for him, like how hard it must be for him to be the only one who is attempting at this point to do the right thing for his grandchild even though it (hopefully) will put his daughter away for the rest of her life (or worse). I just feel sick to my stomach looking at him in his suit...I don't even think I'm relaying this in the right way.

From WESH:

11:59 a.m.: The prosecution team just left as the grand jury is taking a break for lunch. Testimony is expected to resume at 1 p.m. So far this morning, the witnesses we have seen come in and out of the grand jury room are George Anthony, an FBI agent and a deputy whose cadaver dog hit on the trunk of Casey Anthony’s car. Orange County Sheriff’s Detective Yuri Melich also is here, and expected to testify later. Other than him, it is not known who will be called before the grand jury or when exactly it will end today.

Go Yuri! :clap:

George cannot tell Cindy anything that happened today..this from the press:

Is the grand jury open to the public?

No. What happens before a grand jury is secret. By law, witnesses, jurors and prosecutors are not allowed to talk about testimony. If they do, they may be held in contempt of court.

So if miss mouth blabs about anything she hears from George they can get George for contempt???..I feel for him, I would get on the next fight to Mexico :woohoo:

Just now catching up with the GJ thread after taking the kiddies to school (west coast- it's only 9:30 here), and I have to say Way To Go, George! I'm glad he decided to be a man for Caylee's sake. He deserves so much better than Cindy, and I hope from this point on he can start distancing himself from that wacko family and make a new life for himself. Out of the Anthonys- KC, Cindy and Lee, he is the only one sticking up for his granddaughter.

Justice for Caylee.

Can someone provide me with a link to listen/watch live coverage outside the courthouse if one exists. I'm at work and am not supposed to be slacking off so if I have the link, I can at least listen without the video being up on my screen. Thank you VERY much!

That is quite a change in attire. IIRC, didn't George say KC was wearing pinstripe pants and a white button-up shirt the last day he saw her with Caylee?

After the testimony is given, barring any kind of gag order, they are free to tell the world what they testified to.

Edited out my dumb statement. I read it wrong. hehehe Sorry!

Turbo, even if those are not the same pin striped pants, (which I believe they may be) can you believe the irony in that? Makes me sick to think of it!
So the pin stripe pants must be the same ones George described to LE as what Casey was wearing the last time he saw Caylee alive?:confused:

Isn't she being arraigned today for the fraud charges too?

Oh that is right, I forgot about that. She didnt show up to other arraignments, so wonder if she for this one. And I havent heard much about this arraignment, wonder if it was postponed?

I don't see them offering her a deal at all. I think limited immunity was the only deal she was going to get in this case. I believe they have enough to go forward and get the verdict plus the sentence they believe she deserves.

If GA did in fact spill his guts, they have more than enough.

If they don't find Caylee's remains beforehand, I think they may seek death, then when they get a guilty verdict, they may offer to drop the DP in lieu of Casey leading investigators to the remains.

That's about the only deal I can see coming down the pike, and that's ONLY if the remains aren't found beforehand.

Looking at the WESH coverage I just feel such sadness for GA. I know I might get bashed for saying it but he's the only one I have any sort of sympathy for. I just felt incredible loneliness for him, like how hard it must be for him to be the only one who is attempting at this point to do the right thing for his grandchild even though it (hopefully) will put his daughter away for the rest of her life (or worse). I just feel sick to my stomach looking at him in his suit...I don't even think I'm relaying this in the right way.

I agree hears my post from the first thread. this man is really hurting.

“All we can say is that George Anthony answered all questions directly and honestly and did what no human being could be prepared to do.” He added that if an indictment is handed up, he will comment.

OMG this statement just gave me chills. I can only imagine the way this is ripping his heart out. Just think This Man knows his 3 yr old defenseless GD is dead. He knows his Daughter is the one who took her last breath from her. he knows his wife and son are either in on it or in complete denial. HE knows he is the only one who can stand up for this baby. thus doing so will tear the only family he has apart. I wish there was a way to make KC have a conscience I would like for her to feel the pain of knowing she put her father in this position and emotional hurt he is feeling. If it were me I would have confessed to just to save my parents from the extra hurt. I never could stand to see my mom cry when I did stupid stuff. It always made me feel guilty and was worse than any punishment she gave. my heart goes out to this man. nothing can be said or done to bring this man back to the normal life he had prior to june 15th, 2008.

She gets to be with Baez until 4:00 today!! Guess that's how she wants to spend her last day out of jail!!

Since her 2 choices right now or home with CA or with Baez..I would pick Baez too..lol.

ETA.. I guess today her 3rd choice would be in the courtroom for the GJ..I would still pick BAEZ if I were her..lol.

So the pin stripe pants must be the same ones George described to LE as what Casey was wearing the last time he saw Caylee alive?:confused:

If this is true, it just creeps me out....very very sick.

Where is LA? It is so curious that he is not with them. Maybe he is not taking it well that GA is testifying against Casey.

Is the grand jury open to the public?

No. What happens before a grand jury is secret. By law, witnesses, jurors and prosecutors are not allowed to talk about testimony. If they do, they may be held in contempt of court.

Before is the key word here. After the testimony is given, barring any kind of gag order, they are free to tell the world what they testified to.

Oh I took it as standing before a Grand Jury..duh, because what would they know to what was going to be said before..Hmm.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23