Todd Kohlhepp - Profile of a Killer?

Discussion in 'Todd Kohlhepp' started by tlcya, Nov 7, 2016.

1. PositiveLight

PositiveLight Active Member

Noworries....the sympathy is waning as the hours pass!;)
    She grew a monster and knew from the time he was young he had problems. Her pawning him off on the bio dad tells me what kind of mother she was. I wonder if his bio dad was sexually abusing him and that's why he wanted to come home and she refused. I love how she says his bio dad only left for 3 days due to an emergency.... the neighbors said he was always alone and he liked it like that. Usually I don't take a suspects word for it but in regards to him being left unsupervised I do believe the neighbors. Disgusting. It had always probably been like that.

2. DexterMorgan

DexterMorgan Well-Known Member

The mother is <modsnip> to the 1000th degree.

She reminds me of Pablo Escobar moms.

Jmo.

Yes mom. I got rid of all the dead bodies. Now don't forget to pick up eggs from the store.

3. skibaboo

skibaboo Mrs Map

4. hokeechic

hokeechic Well-Known Member

You both are are my heroes. &#128519; thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing. You give parents like me hope in raising our young kids with mental health issues. Love yall

5. PositiveLight

:laughing:pmsl!
    My mama said that the LE could probably search her house and find items he gave to his mom as gifts from his victims.
    That would not surprise me!

6. PositiveLight

7. hokeechic

hokeechic Well-Known Member

I've been gone for a couple of days so now I am catching up on this thread and all of the replies. Thank you to everyone who has replied and given me encouragement. I have never heard this type of poisoning. I will definitely be looking into holistic medicine in my area. That is very interesting.

I see that the moderators want us to stay on track and keep the discussion focused on Todd. So I apologize if I hijacked the conversation into a nature versus nurture debate. I was also the one who requested this thread. I am still just trying to learn about all of the personality disorders and things that can make people do these things. you guys are a very educated crowd so I will go back and start reading through!!!

8. PositiveLight

You're welcome!
    This young boy was off the chain scary and dangerous. And all along it was copper! From what I understood, his body couldn't get rid of it. Not sure if it's common for that to happen or not. But she was at her wits end and decided it was worth a shot. Glad she did!
    He was homeschooled until he was better and wow what a year made! Totally different kid seriously! Just calm and sweet and very talented! Sometimes I think we should think outside the box when things seem to have no cures.
    Makes me wonder if some of the people suffering who medication doesn't help, actually has something like that wrong instead. :loveyou: Welcome back!!

9. cujenn81

cujenn81 Well-Known Member

She just continues to outrage me. She is "so ashamed that her son killed those people". So, basically she's ashamed because it reflects poorly on her. Why isn't she "mortified" or "disgusted" and "heartbroken" for the family's losses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. PositiveLight

11. PositiveLight

You and me both!
    The more she talks the more I question her real motives. Seriously is she getting paid for these interviews?
    I want to make a prediction! Within the year she will be on Dr. Phil. :gaah:

12. Kadoober

Kadoober Get Me A Vodka Rocks… And A Piece Of Toast.

Good catch. A lot about her.

Makes his need for attention a bit more understandable.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

13. transienthearted

transienthearted New Member

I'm really glad to have watched the second part of the interview today. I called her a narcissist etc. Before. Obviously I was being judgey but now seeing this part I don't feel the same. I do still think there'd some weirdness going on and that could be denial or she trusts what Todd tells her as truth. But he's obviously a liar. For some reason she really wants to trust her son even though he's a monster. It's really sad.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

14. Owutatangledweb

Owutatangledweb Well-Known Member

Borderline personality disorder doesn't fall too far from the tree.

15. kat913

kat913 Well-Known Member

I found it odd when she responded (after a really long awkward pause trying to recollect sequence of HER events)..."I don't want to lie"...hmm not "I don't want to make a mistake"; "don't want to be wrong"...no she was pretty concerned with "not lying".

Not sure one would be lying if they just can't recall sequence of events but it was pretty important to her not to be seen as a liar.

Also she mentioned Missouri so many times...is that her way of leading investigation?

16. RainCheck

RainCheck Active Member

I have to say, it's incredibly interesting, and disturbing, to hear and see this woman's reaction to the world finding out what she already knew about her son. I don't remember a case like this before. Usually when a killer is exposed the family issues an apology statement expressing remorse and sorrow for the victims families. They may also go on to say their loved one is not a monster, but I've never seen a family member justify such horrific killings and rapes to the extend this woman has. Then to also state she feels embarrassment is so odd as well. It adds an entirely bizarre layer to an already unbelieveable story. From the childhood records, to the childhood crime and long imprisonment, to him becoming a successful business man with a killing and raping hobby and now with his mother's statements...this is a pretty mindblowing scenario. I've been a member and a lurker even longer of WS and this has to be one, if not the most, disturbing and creepy cases I have seen. I also strongly feel there are more victims and mommy knows it!

17. soanyway

soanyway Active Member

“I had to get rid of the anger and nothing I did seemed to help,” Tague said. So she shipped him off to live with his bio dad after divorcing his adoptive dad. IMO, she chose another man and his children over her own son. They were younger and probably required more attention. Yet, the mother of her step children is responsible for making him feel unwanted because she didn't pick him up from school, too.
    “He stabbed her in the leg, not much, it didn’t go deep." He stabbed her!! Can she please stop minimizing the attacks on his victims? I don't believe she is that gullible that she just believes what he tells her. She is intentionally trying to portray HIM as the victim, bullied and abused and that's why he acted out. Did she really believe him when he said the reason KB was chained like a dog in the shed was because he didn't know what to do with her since she hadn't done anything wrong? Like he wasn't abusing her and planning to kill her, too?
    She says there were many attempts at counseling. According to court docs, only 2 attempts - 1 for 3 months and the other for 8 weeks. She failed him. Her parents didn't even want her to have children. Wonder why? Maybe they knew she was a narcissist incapable of raising a child (let alone 3). Although, she did sacrifice those cashmere sweaters. I'm gonna need more wine before I watch any more of her interviews.

BBM

wspa.com/2016/11/11/kohlhepps-mom-talks-about-hiShe says there were many attempts at counseling.s-childhood-anger-rape-kidnapping/

18. soanyway

soanyway Active Member

19. HMSHood

HMSHood Admiral-Class Battlecruiser

Sickening that the mother is covering up for her evil son. She is just as evil as him.

20. RainCheck

RainCheck Active Member

I think you hit the nail on the head. Her family didn't want her to have children because they were all to familiar with her mental health issues and were concerned.

She literally has never, once in his life, been able to do anything but excuse his behavior. Stabbing people a little bit, gentlemanly rape, killing bullies. She could really excuse anything he does. I feel like her son may have been predisposed to criminal behavior BUT his circumstances and upbringing by both parents sure didn't help him. Narcissist, BPD, bipolar and even sociopaths can lead successful, full and healthy lives without hurting other people if they have the right help and direction for their tendencies at an early age. In my mind this is a form of abuse and neglect in its own way when you can not face your child's issues and excuse their dangerous and out of control behavior. Was and is she so terrified of him that she can not bring herself to actually say he has done something wrong and evil? Does she share a similar personality disorder with him and honestly relate to the way he thinks? Also, how did TK, as a child, get his hands on pistols, knives and shotguns when everyone knew how troubled he was?! Ahhhh, I have so many questions and want to understand how this all happened in this family!